Chapter 6

Love, Jennie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie pushed the thoughts at the back of her mind, returning a small smile at him and picks up the plane tickets, checking what time their flight would be. "Hm, 7am. Then we have to be there by 5." She said and yawned softly, putting the plane tickets inside her bag along with her notepad. "Let's sleep?" She turned to ask him, her tone sounding so confident as if it isn't a big deal to sleep in the same room with an opposite . When in fact, it's her first time to do such thing and she was happy and quite nervous at the same time. I guess being a student majoring in Theatrical Arts is one of the best decisions I've made. I can use my acting skills at what supposed to be awkward times like this.

Mino was also tired considering he haven’t had the time to properly rest yet and still they do have a lot of spare time before their flight. He instantly nods his head in agreement when she had offered to sleep --- not realizing any malice considering she did sounded confident proposing her offer to sleep and a deep slumber would be good for him before the trip. “Ah yes, follow me.” He stood up, leading the way upstairs towards his bedroom. It was a relief he was a neat guy so it did not bother him to let her in since all his things were on place.

Jennie followed behind him as he lead the way towards his bedroom. For every step she takes, it feels like her heart is gonna explode. Okay. Jennie, calm down. Calm down. She tries to steady her breathing, her heart beat racing fast as she couldn't believe all of this was happening. She's with Mino, she's in his house... And she's about to enter his bedroom!

When he opened the door to his bedroom, she stood at her spot for a few seconds before finally taking the time to step inside. Just like what I've expected. He is so organized with his stuff. She silently thought and take a look around his bedroom.

It was just when Mino was tidying the bed sheets did it ever crossed his mind if the girl would be comfortable at the situation. “Would you be fine sharing a bed?” He asked. “I can sleep at the couch downstairs if you want.” He followed with a reassuring smile.

Jennie turned to look at him when he asked if she would be comfortable with them sharing a bed together. She shook her head lightly, crossing her arms across her chest as she walk near the bed. "Ya. Wish List # 3. Sleep beside Mino oppa. It's in my wishlist so you have to sleep here beside me." She teased and sat down on the bed, removing her sneakers. She couldn't help but wonder if he had already brought women here, if he had shared his bed with women before. The thought made her lips frown but she immediately set the negativity aside. She looked over her shoulder to look at him and smiled, patting the other side of the bed. "Good night oppa." She said with a smile and lied down, covering her flawless legs with a blanket.

Despite of her playful teasing and her mask of confidence, the older man could still sense the lingering nervousness from the woman somehow. It’s probably her first time sharing a bed with a man, he thought to himself --- the idea made him felt proud and also, a bigger part of him inside felt the responsibility to take care of her besides in spite of the whole date thing and the wishlist written by her, she is still a girl and he is a man. “Hey, what’s with the frown?” Mino asked her once he noticed the girl seemingly to be lost in her own thoughts. “Tell me about what you’re thinking, I don’t want my date to have a frown in her face.” He jokingly teased.

Jennie dismissed his question almost instantly. "Ay, you wouldn't want to know. It'll just spoil our weekend." She grinned cheekily, hoping he would not dwell on the reason she was frowning. She made a mental note to be cautious with regards to expressing her true feelings as she didn't want him to feel uncomfortable or guilty.

As he made his way to sat in his bed, Mino decided to kept his shirt on for the night since he could not obviously sleep shirtless despite it being the usual habit for him, it’s just different tonight since he have company. “Alright. But if it really bothers you, you can tell me things.” He assured so that the female can be comfortable around him. “If this will help you comfortably sleep, I can assure you that I won’t make a move.” He sincerely remark to assure her, joining her at the other side of the bed.

Jennie smiled and nodded her head at his assurance. "Of course, you wouldn't dare." She was confident that Mino isn't that of an who would take advantage of her.

“Right about that.” Mino remarks, he truly would not dare to do even one single move that will make her regret spending the night together with him. It was just not him. He faced the other side so they will sleep back to back. “Good night, Jennie.”

Jennie smiled at his words, silently wishing they would stay like this even after the 'date' was over.

Kim Jennie, stop. It's as if there's a voice inside her head that wants to protect her from getting hurt even more. One whole day, that's the deal. Then you'll need to move on once it is over. The voice continued to remind her but she pushed these thoughts at the back of her head. "Um... Oppa? Can we sleep face to face?" She asked. "I want to see your face." She added in a soft tone before yawning once again.

Mino's eyes were already closed and his mind was already to enter the dreamy trance of slumber when he heard the female spoke softly, without any much of a verbal answer except for a soft hum coming from his lips. He turned slightly to be lying against his back. “Come here.” He instructed although, one of his arms instinctively wrap around her smaller frame to pull her close against his chest. “Sleep now so you’ll have your energy later.” He spoke.

Jennie was pulled closer to him and she could feel her heart pounding hard. Her eyes widened as she looked up to him, seeing him half-asleep. "You're unpredictable, Mino." She lowly whispered after a few more minutes of just looking at his face. "If you keep on acting too much, I'm afraid I'll not be able to keep my promise." She bit on her lower lip to suppress any noise as tears starts to build in her eyes. She sighed and wiped her tears away, gently laid her head on his chest. She still couldn't believe it. She's been dreaming of this for years. It's sad that there's a time limit and that all of it is just an act, but nonetheless, she is happy she was given a chance to be with him.

 

 

 

As if it's already part of her system, Jennie automatically wakes up at 3am. She opened her eyes and was surprised to find out that their arms were wrapped around each other. She gulped, Mino's face was actually just a few inches away from hers. She studied his face for a few more minutes (knowing it will be the last time she'll have the chance to get close to him) before carefully getting off the bed to cook something for breakfast.

She tied her hair in a bun and went to the kitchen, opening the fridge to check what's in it to prepare. "Ah. Eggs and bacon." She took it out of the fridge and brought all the ingredients on a counter top, frying eggs and bacon while waiting for the rice to cook. She also brewed some coffee, glancing at the clock to check what time is it. "3:30, just in time." She mumbled and prepared everything on the dining table before going upstairs to wake Mino up.

Jennie sat down beside him. She didn't want to wake him up just yet but she needed to or else they're going to be late for their flight. "Mino oppa..." She lightly taps on his arm, leaning closer so he could hear her. "Wake up, oppa."

It felt nice sleeping beside someone, somehow Mino finally understands why his older sister and his parents were continuously convincing him to find a girlfriend or to get married already to feel less lonely instead of living alone. It does felt nice, having the warmth of someone and he drifted into his deep slumber peacefully for the first time for the week. He had not had enough time to properly rest over the past week days and it felt heavenly to finally sleep. If he were to be honest,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter