Chapter 7

Love, Jennie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie glances at her wristwatch, seeing they've just arrived on time. "Ay, would you look at that. We're not late." She grinned and took off her seat belt.

“Yep. Come on.” Mino nodded his head, his fingers brushing against her fringes while trying to have her realized they had arrived before he eventually leaned back to his seat once she is finally out of her sleepy state. 

Jennie steps out of the vehicle when her phone starts ringing. Taking a look at the screen, it was Lisa calling. "Mino oppa, I'll just take this." She said and answered the call. "Hello?"

As the two were out of the car, Mino opened his trunk to unload all their luggage from his vehicle while he lets the girl take a phone call. Once he was done with the unloading, he approaces the guard who is in the midst of walking around and chats him over how he’ll left his car and how he would appreciate if it will be look at. The guard was kind enough and agreed so the man gave him a tip before returning his attention to Jennie talking on her phone.

Even if he was not entirely the one who had his ears against the phone, he could partly hear the talk and recognize the familiar voices which he assumed are her group of friends. 

"Unnie! Hi!" Lisa greeted back on the other line and Jennie couldn't help but smile. The latter asked for the reason why the younger female called. "Oh, that. Right. Um, actually, we're wondering where you are right now? 'Cause we're planning on watching a movie later and Jisoo unnie and Rose went on a morning jog earlier and stop by your house. Auntie said you told them you're with us... So..." The younger female's voice trails off and Jennie gulped, stopping in her footsteps.

Oh my...

"Put her on a loudspeaker." Rose said with a frown on her face and Lisa did what she was told to do. "Ya. Tell us the truth. Where are you?"

Jennie gulped once again, looking at Mino and contemplating on her mind whether if she would tell her friends the truth or not.

When she shot a contemplating stare at him as if asking for an advice, Mino gulped as he reluctantly shook his head.

But I told him no one will know about our agreement. Jennie thought, heaving a deep sigh and choose the right words to say. "Girls. I'm 22. I can take care of myself."

"Where are you?" Rose just repeated her question, she sounded with so much authority that sometimes Jennie mistaken her as the oldest in the group.

Jennie sighed once more. "I'm... I'm going to Jeju." She admitted. "You know... I want some 'alone time'. Look, girls, I need to go. I'll catch up with you later okay?"

"Okay!" Jisoo was the one who answered and Jennie immediately ended the call, turning her phone off so her friends wouldn't be able to reach out to her again just in case.

Mino's eyes fixated at how Jennie answered her friends, and his grip against the handle of his luggage eventually loosen when the call ended. That was close.

"Sorry." Jennie said as she followed Mino and walk beside him. "Friends can be very over-protective sometimes." She mumbled as she puts her phone inside her body bag.

“I’m sorry too.” He apologetically replied with sincerity in his voice. Mino felt bad in making her lie to her friends but it is what is need to be done so they will not get into trouble. “Let’s enjoy our day, hm?” He tried lighting up the atmosphere, wrapping one arm around her to pull her close as they walk while he pushes the trolley with their luggage on it.

Jennie was finally starting to get comfortable around him. She's now getting used to the constant wrapping of his arm around her, him pulling her next to him and other sweet gestures of him that never fails to surprise her.

Afterwards they deposit their luggage and the two of them are just waiting for their departure, Mino sat silently with a hand on his phone to read documents while he lets Jennie shoot a short video of hers. He could not help it but smile while watching her by taking a few glances.

"Annyeong!" Jennie smiles on her camera, saying that she's at the airport already. She also mentioned her expectations of Jeju, saying what are the possible changes made on the island. When she was finally done, she glanced at Mino and thought of taking a picture of him. "Oppa. Don't look, okay? Stay in that position." She said and took a candid shot of the guy. She smiled at the result, showing it to him. "You really are good-looking." She said, murmuring the words "Probably one of the reasons why I liked you."

Mino just smiled in reply, his eyes looking at his photo. Little did Jennie know, there were thoughts clouding his head. This girl... She's never afraid of saying what's on her mind.

Jennie then moved closer to him. "We don't have a picture together yet. Smile!" She smiled at the camera and tap on the screen to take the shot.

When the female decides to take a picture together with him, Mino leaned back close to her while he hug her side which has been a sweet gesture that is now becoming a habit of him. He smiled and let her took the photo before his back was against the chair again, his hand not letting her go yet as he examined their photo together. “Send me our picture.” He told her, “And let’s take pictures at Jeju too.” He followed up with a smile.

Jennie looked at him and couldn't stop herself from observing his facial features. Did he mean it? He really wants a copy of it? He wants to take more pictures? With me? She could feel her heart beating fast and returned a smile at him. "Okay." She said, before leaning her back on her seat.

A few hours passed and they were already seated inside the plane. Jennie took the seat beside the window and when the plane started flying up in the sky, she knew this date with him will be an unforgettable one. She'll make sure of it. "Mino oppa." She turned to him and flashes a small smile, her eyes showing how happy she is at the moment. "Thank you. For everything." She said softly and lightly move so that her arm would be intertwined with his, her fingers softly playing with his own digits, leaning her head on his shoulder.

“You don’t need to thank me, Jennie.” The male replied sincerely with a smile as he lets the lady beside him intertwined their arms together and her fingers gently playing with his.

"Going on a honeymoon, Sir? Miss?" The flight attendant asked with a genuine smile on her face, serving them their food.

W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter