(NEW!) Chapter 16

Love, Jennie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What?" Jaewon heard his father loud and clear the first time. He just couldn't believed it. All these years of letting him do whatever he wants and the moment he gets home, he is welcomed with news of an engagement.

"You heard me. We plan to arrange your marriage with someone from a high-class family. You'll meet them this Saturday, so make sure to free your schedule." Jaewon's father repeated his words, with a hint of seriousness in his tone.

Jaewon was speechless as he stared at his father, still couldn't believed the words said to him. His eyes darted towards his mother and with a polite tone he asked, "Mom, do you know about this?"

Jaewon's mother took a deep breath before returning her son's gaze. She nodded her head twice before speaking. "We think that you are growing old, Jaewon. You can't just travel for the rest of your life. You need to start making life choices now and build your own family. Take over the company your father has built-"

"But Mom. What do I know about running Dad's company?" Jaewon asked in confusion. They never expressed their wants for him to take over their company until today. He scoffed, a little annoyed that his mother had to mention about his travel hobby. "And I earn a good amount by vlogging. I get to do what I want to do, to travel. Why take that away from me? It's no fair."

"It isn't fair unless you find out who your fiancee is going to be." Jaewon's father commented and this got him even more confused. The old man took out a brown envelope and handed it over to his son. Jaewon curiously opened it and pulled a photo out of it, only to be dumbfounded upon realizing the identity of the girl on the photo.

"You have got to be kidding me."

 

 

 

It was the final period and students were busy brainstorming with their groups. Jennie was grouped with Jisoo and two male students and as usual, she gives her best in group discussions, trying to ignore the pair of eyes watching and looking over her.

Little did Mino know, Irene was watching him and Jennie for days now. She finds it weird that the female student was suddenly avoiding him now. She wonders what happened between the two and she's convinced that something's definitely up. "Hey," Irene caught her friend's attention. "Look at Mr. Song."

The friend did what she was told and finds it a bit suspicious. "What is going on? Is he crushing on her or what?"

"Dunno. But mind you, he never looked at Jennie that way, ever. The past few days is different and very weird though. And Jennie's acting super weird, it's like she doesn't like him or something. It's weird." Irene shook her head, automatically flashing a smile at their professor when he finally set his gaze on her. Mino just simply nodded his head and started scribbling on his notes. "Let's keep an eye on these two. I firmly believe something is going on between them."

"I got you, babe." Irene's friend whispers, looking at their professor and Jennie quite suspiciously.

 

 

 

"Are you sure he's coming?" Rose asked, glancing at her wristwatch for the nth time now. It's almost 7 in the evening and Jaewon isn't here to pick Jennie up.

Jennie didn't want to worry her friends so she smiled at Rose and nodded her head. "Yea, he said he'll pick me up after school so... Y'know what you girls go ahead. I'll just wait for him for another 5 or 10 minutes. Who knows, maybe he got caught in a traffic or something."

"I know but shouldn't he at least send you a message if he's going to be late or what?" Rose rebutted, dismay was on her face as she shook her head.

Jennie smiled and appreciated her concern for her. "It's alright. You guys go ahead, I'll just wait some more. I can just grab a cab if he doesn't come."

The girls looked at her before exchanging glances at each other. "Alright, but don't wait too much, okay? And if you need a ride, just call me or them. Don't hesitate." Jisoo said before giving Jennie a warm hug. Rose and Lisa hugged her as well. One by one, they started to drive away from school while Jennie stood by the gates, patiently waiting for Jaewon to arrive.

But 10 minutes had passed and she was still alone.

Jennie was starting to feel a little uncomfortable, with students keep on asking what is she still doing there and who she was waiting for. She would simply brushed them off with a smile and would tell them to take care and that she'll see them tomorrow. Looking over her phone for the nth time, she's disappointed to know there's no new messages from Jaewon. Aight, that's it. I don't have time for this.

From Jennie:

Hi! Would like to let you know that I've waited... But that's ok. I understand if you don't want to continue hanging-out today, at least let me know if you would want to cancel. I'll see you around next time ig.

Jennie pressed Send and kept her phone inside her bag before starting to walk towards the main road. She figured she'll just take a cab ride home and hopefully, she'll be able to get one for herself considering the rush hour and all. Aish, Jae. Why you gotta do me like this. She shook her head a bit, couldn't think of any reason as to why the young man would not show up tonight. He sounded so happy last night when she said yes to him. What happened?

"Ms. Kim."

Jennie turned her head at the familiar car that stopped beside her only to pause upon seeing the owner. It was her English Literature professor, the guy she dated just so he could get rid of her. "Mr. Song."

Mino hesitated for a second, contemplating the right words to say. He didn't want to scare her off and at the same time, he didn't want to force himself on her. "Where's your car, Ms. Kim?"

"Um- I didn't brought it with me today. It's fine, I can just take a cab on my way home." Jennie nodded, somewhat trying to reassure Mino that she'll be fine.

"On a rush hour?" The young professor asked, raising a brow slightly. He sighed inwardly and gestured towards the back seat. "C'mon, I'll drive you home, Ms. Kim." He knows he shouldn't be asking students to ride in his car, but to hell with it. Mino wants to make sure that Jennie will be able to go home safely.

"It's alright, Mr. Song-"

"I insist. If you don't trust me enough, call your friends and tell them I'm driving you home. It's past 7, it'll be difficult for you to hail a cab, at least trust me on this." Mino insisted, his voice full of concern towards her and Jennie have to get used to this. He doesn't blame her though. He did her wrong all these years. It's understandable if the female can't stand to be with him for another second.

Jennie sighed and gave up, moving towards the back seat, the seat behind him and settled there. She took her phone out of her bag and pretended to send a message to the girls when in fact, she was just randomly typing to make it seem like she's too busy to talk to. Oh she hopes he won't make an effort to start a conversation. It'll just make things even more awkward between them.

But of course, men are just as equally stubborn as women.

"How are you?" Mino asked, his eyes never leaving the road yet his ears were alert, hoping she'd say something. He missed talking to her. 24 hours and she had a lot of stories to tell, a lot of thoughts and ideas to share. He missed it. He missed everything about her.

"Tired." Jennie replied shortly, allowing to rest her back while she gaze outside the window.

That one word was enough to make Mino smile a bit. At least she didn't ignore me. He gulped silently, trying to see if he can ask another question, wanting to know if they can actually have a real conversation. "Are you girls performing on the Acquaintance Party?"

"Yep."

"Yea? Are you going to dance or sing or both?"

Jennie glanced at the rearview mirror and saw his eyes through it. He quickly looked back at the road while she fixated her eyes on it. "We don't have to do this." She said before bringing her eyes down, trying to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter