Chapter 10

Love, Jennie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dude. I'm telling you. She's beautiful." Jaewon couldn't help but smile as the female pops up in his mind. He's outside his hotel suite, talking to a friend and patiently waiting for her as she gets ready.

"Alright, alright. I believe in you. You should introduced her to us then. See you in a bit." The voice on the other line said and ended the call.

"Introduced? How? Wait---"

"Um, sorry for taking so long." Jennie said as soon as she got out of the suite. Jaewon automatically turned to look at her with a smile, lightly shaking his head from left to right.

"No. There's no need to apologize. I have a mom and two sisters. I know you ladies always needed time to prepare yourselves." Jaewon said and eyes her from head to toe. "And as always. You look beautiful, Miss." He said with genuine admiration.

Jennie felt her cheeks blushed at the sudden compliment. Seriously? Is he like this all the time at all the girls he just met? "Jennie. My name's Kim Jennie." She introduced herself properly as she wasn't able to do so earlier and last night at the bar.

"Jennie." The man nodded his head and said her name softly, a small smile starting to form on his lips again. "So um... Where are you going next?" Jaewon asked.

Jennie shrugged her shoulders, not really knowing what to do for the whole day. "I dunno? Maybe I'll just stay in my room---"

"You're going to what?!" Jaewon cut her off, his tone a bit exaggerated. "There's a lot of places you need to see in Jeju and you're just going to settle inside your hotel suite? Now c'mon. Why don't you tour the island with me instead and I promise you'll have fun." He said nicely, without a hint of malice.

"I..." Jennie was still unsure though, she's not in the mood to mingle with someone she just met at a bar.

Jaewon turned to face her, his eyes looking straight at hers. "Look. I know you just met me. And you might have trust issues and I can't really blame you but I promise, I'm a good man. I just want to spend the rest of the day with you." He explained with sincerity in his voice. "I won't do anything wrong." He added and the female could only sigh in defeat.

Hm. What's wrong with spending the day with him, anyway? After all, he took care of me last night... If it was some other guy, who knows? I could've been or something. "Fine. I'm hungry. Do you know where can we eat for lunch?" Jennie asked, feeling her stomach growling. The last meal she had was the dinner with Mino.

A smile widened on Jaewon's lips. "Of course, I know a place! Let's go." He gestured and leads the way, the female following by his side. After walking for almost 20 minutes, they reached one of his favorite restaurants - Mi Corazon - where they serve Filipino dishes. "I swear you're going to love their cooking." He reassured her and quickly scans the place. He then managed to spot his friends at a table a few meters away from them. "Follow me, I'll introduce you to my friends." He told her and walk towards his group.

Wait--- He brought his friends?? Jennie thought, silently regretting her decision to go out with him. Ugh. Great. Just great.

There were four of them --- two guys, two girls. They seemed to be having fun as seen in their non-stop smiles and laughters. "Ah. One's here." The blonde girl announced, as her eyes caught Jaewon's arrival. The other people brought their heads up to greet the youngest with a smile.

"Hey guys." Jaewon greeted, doing a mandatory handshake to each of them.

Jennie remained on the side, watching them with closed lips. I miss the girls... She let out a sigh and Jaewon gestured her to come over. "Huh? Oh. Um---" She took a few steps towards him, taking a closer look on his friends.

"Guys, I'd like you to officially meet my new found friend - Kim Jennie." Jaewon said and his friends greeted the woman beside her, their tone a little too friendly.

"Hi, Jennie!" They all said in chorus and she bowed her head a bit, acknowledging them.

"I'm Lee Seungri." The guy who seemed to be the eldest man among the group said his name first. He followed up by offering his hand and Jennie took it, firmly shaking his hand. "You can call me Seungri oppa. You have a big brother?" He asks all of a sudden.

Jennie blinks her eyes before replying with a light nod. "...Yes."

"Hm." Seungri smiled. "Well then I'm your second big brother. Alright?"

"Ya. You're scaring her." The blonde girl cuts Seungri off with a light nudge on his arm. She then turned her gaze on Jennie and offered her hand. "Hi, Jennie. I'm CL. And I was the one who undressed you last night."

Jennie could feel the heat on her cheeks but she choose to shake CL's hand anyway. "Um, thanks."

"Call me unnie. It's fine, I don't mind." CL added, her reassuring smile helped Jennie's shyness go away a bit.

"Hi, Jen! My name's Gain. And I'm Junhoe's fiancee." The female sitting next to CL said, her arms wrapping around the guy next to him quite protectively.

...Okay?

"Hon, I love you." The second guy in the group reassured Gain, followed by a kiss on her forehead. The female smiled and rested her head against his shoulder. Then he turns to look at Jennie, choosing not to shake her hand for his fiancee's sake. "So you're Jennie, huh. The name's Junhoe. I'm One's best friend."

"It's nice to meet you all." Jennie responded, still feeling a bit awkward.

"Loosen up, Jennie dear. Take a sit. I hope you don't mind if we already ordered food." CL said and the two took their seats next to each other.

"I don't mind at all." Jennie replied and instinctively leaned her ear closer when Jaewon moved to say something to her.

"You sure you don't want to check the menu?" The man asked and she nodded her head a bit, her lips curving a small smile. "Alright. Just tell me if you want to order something, okay?" Jaewon had to be sure.

"I'm fine. Thanks." She said and looked back at the others, nearly freezing on her spot upon seeing them observing her and Jaewon. "We just met. So no. I'm not his girlfriend and he's not courting me." Jennie felt the need to explain it, as the awkwardness is starting to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Guys, will you stop and act normal please?" Jaewon backed her up and his friends sighed deeply in unison.

"I apologize, Ms. Kim. Please understand that this is actually the first time that our little One introduced a girl to us." Seungri said with a smile, then looks at Jaewon teasingly as the latter tries to cover his blushing face.

"Yep. So we actually thought that maybe something's going on between you two." CL spoke with a smile. "Anyway, sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable.

"I see. I understand it now." Jennie replied with relief, not knowing the man sitting beside her was looking at her from the corner of his eyes.

Then, the waiters came to their table and served their orders nicely.

"Ah, finally! My fries and onion rings!" Gain excitedly exclaimed, eating the food on her plate as soon as it was placed in front of her.

Junhoe smiled at the sight of his fiancee, but it was soon replaced by a frown when Jaewon commented how Gain's been eating too much oily foods. "I think she should be eating more greens and healthy meals, you know." He commented.

Jennie silently placed a serving of pasta on her plate, glancing at Gain and made a mental note that the female probably was pregnant. That explains the attitude earlier...

"Shut up, Jaewon." Gain rolls her eyes away and munches on her food like there's no tomorrow.

"Aish! Gain, One's just concerned about the baby.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter