Chapter 5

Love, Jennie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie walks out of the faculty office with a small smile plastered on her face. She couldn't stop herself from thinking that this date may turn things around. That at the end of the date, Mino would realize that she's worth taking a chance on. She breathes out, trying to calm herself down as excitement starts to fill her up.

"So! What did you two talked about?" Jisoo asked as soon as Jennie arrived at the classroom and sat next to her.

Jennie, on the other hand, kept a poker face. Should I tell her about it? A part of her mind asked. No! You shouldn't! Remember what you promised! Yet another voice inside her head reminded her how no one should know about their deal. And so she lied, eyes couldn't look at Jisoo because of guilt. "We didn't had the chance to talk. Jongin oppa came here."

"Oh. I see." Jisoo believed her, seeing how unlively she was at the moment. Usually, Jennie would be cheerful and loud whenever something exciting comes up. "Are you okay though?" She followed up a question, making sure if her best friend is feeling alright.

"Yep. I'm fine." Jennie answered. No one will know about it. Not my family. Not even my friends. She sighed inwardly and brought out her notebook instead.

Meanwhile, Mino was at his room in the faculty office, staring at the piece of paper Jennie gave him earlier. What is this? Why am I feeling this way? He asked himself, his heart beating fast. He took another glance over the words written on the letter, feeling emotional and special all at the same time. Does Jennie really feels something deep for me? But how? He couldn't stop himself from asking questions. He couldn't imagine how the girl fell in love with him when all he did was push her away. Ugh! He sighed in frustration, neatly folding the letter and slid it back inside the envelope. This isn't good. Stop overthinking, Mino! His mind scolded him and he quickly placed the envelope inside his desk drawer, grabbing his stuff before leaving his room. He needs to keep himself busy so he could stop thinking about her.

 

 

 

Days passed by quickly. Jennie did her usual routine. Wake up early in the morning to prepare something for Mino and then write him a letter. She would go straight to the faculty office to hand him the gifts before going to her classroom. She goes home after a long day at the university and every night she would list down the things she wants them to do during their date.

Just like Jennie, Mino's days flew by in a blink of an eye. He spent his own days focused in his work along with a bit of exception when it comes to the school girl and her every day gifts --- in fact, the letters were starting to pile up inside one of his desk drawer. Sometimes, he thought to himself if he would missed this yet, those thoughts remained at the back of his head unanswered. His nights were spent alone except last Wednesday when his neighbor asked him to take care of their golden retriever which he unexpectedly ended up cuddling with to sleep. The old couple were laughing at him once they picked their dog up from his home in the morning.

It was almost 10 in the evening that Friday night. Jennie was done packing up her things. Wearing her favorite white sneakers, denim shorts, white shirt under a denim jacket, she goes out of her room and knocked on her parents' bedroom. "Mom! Dad! I'll be going now!" She said and when she heard nothing in return, she assumed that her parents were already sleeping. She had let them know earlier that she'll be out of town with her best friends.

She then booked a ride to Mino's house. Yep, she knew where the professor lives but she never really had the courage to knock on his door until now. She knows he already told her that he'll pick her up but being the stubborn girl that she is, she wants every single minute of that 24 - hour date to be spent with him and for all of it to be worth it.

It was a very productive and busy Friday night for Mino. He excused himself in attending a small gathering of the newbie professors of the university with the promise that drinks will be on him for the next gathering. Besides, he haven't had the time to pack the things he will need for the trip until tonight because of the university-related paper works which sends him into working over-time for the past three days just to be able to get things done by this night. It was almost 9 o' clock when he went home from the university and only at 11 did he finish packing for the the trip. It was only then did he realized that he haven't had his dinner yet and even a bath.

Meanwhile, Jennie arrives in front of his house at exactly 11:47pm, not knowing if he is still awake though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter