Chapter 11

Love, Jennie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino fell asleep on the couch and it was already past 7pm when he woke up. He immediately reached for his phone, checking for replies and he felt disappointed for the nth time when he found none. He sighed deeply, trying to contain the bitterness he's starting to feel. Why do you keep on ignoring me? Can't you see I'm reaching out to you? Why are you still trying to walk away? He silently asked, his fingers randomly scrolling through his Instagram account to somewhat distract himself.

He wouldn't admit it but, he's missing her. Her smile, her laughter, her soft voice...

Mino was starting to get bored until he stumble upon an Instagram video that was posted a few minutes ago. The girl on the video looks familiar --- Wait, it's Jennie! Without thinking twice, he clicked on it and watched as Jennie sings while playing a guitar.

"Cause, someday, someone's gonna love me... The way, I wanted you to need me... Someday, someone's gonna take your place... One day, I'll forget about you... You'll see, I won't even miss you... Someday, someday..."

It's as if the lyrics pierce through Mino's heart. He could feel it --- the pain in her voice, the sadness in her being, all of it. It feels like Jennie's talking to him about her true feelings. And along the lines she's saying that she wanted to move on. She's hoping to move on --- from him.

He took a deep breath and scrolled down a bit to check who uploaded the video. J.Jaewon? Curious, he tap on the username and the app led him to the uploader's profile. The name was Jung Jaewon and he seemed to be popular given the hefty amount of followers he has. His eyebrow automatically raised upon seeing another post from the uploader. It was a picture of Jennie smiling --- though her smile didn't actually reached her eyes. He read the caption that says:

Only a fool would want to make you cry.

Is he referring to me? Mino asked himself, his grip on his phone getting tight. "Tch. Nice. I can't believe this." His lips pulled up a bitter smirk, his eyes still looking at the photo. "Ah, so all this time, you're still there in Jeju... With someone else." He nodded, assuming he already figured out all of what's happening. "So that's why you left me alone... So you could be with some other guy... Nice move." He let out, angrily. He doesn't understand why he's feeling this way. He felt... Betrayed. He couldn't focus and he found himself on Jennie's Instagram page next, clicking on the Message button, his fingers started typing:

So you're still in Jeju right now?

Jennie, you could've just told me. You could've just told me you wanted to be with someone else's company. You could've just told me that you're no longer interested in me. If you just told me earlier, I would've stopped pretending I care about you.

You know what, enjoy your stay in Jeju. And thanks for the date.

​​​​​Good bye.

Mino sends the message right away only to regret it a minute later. The , Mino! He cursed at himself for sending her a message like that. His eyes stared at his phone, contemplating whether to send her another message or not. What? To explain? Why? What's the point of explaining? Are you jealous now? No, I'm not. Why would I be jealous? Why would I be affected by it? Tch. Good for her she was able to find someone else to play with. He tossed his phone away as he tried to reassure himself but in the end, his eyes were staring at his phone again --- somewhat hoping the messages would trigger the female to reply to him.

 

 

 

"Looks like you're the talk of the town." Jaewon confessed to Jennie as he shows her his phone, the video of her singing earlier playing on the screen.

"What?! You uploaded it?!" Jennie was suprised to find that out, hoping her friends wouldn't see it but she knows that's impossible. The girls are always online. As the man nodded his head with a small smile, she sighed in defeat. "Aish. You took a video of me without my consent? That's kind of rude, Jae..."

Jaewon's smile slowly faltered, his heart skipped a beat upon realizing the nickname the female called him. ...Jae. He shrugged the thoughts off of his mind and smiled again at her. "Hey! It helped boost your followers though!" He then winks at her. 

It was Jennie's turn to flash a smile - t'was probably the first real smile she gave for the whole day. "Alright. Fine. But at least let me know next time, okay?"

"Next time? So... We'll see each other again?" Jaewon raises his brows, hopeful.

The female shrugs. "Maybe? I dunno. It's my flight back to Seoul tomorrow morning. You know, as much as I'd like to stay here a little longer, I have school and family and friends waiting for me back there." Jennie replied.

Her answer caused Jaewon to frown. Oh... How nice it would be to hang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter