Chapter 1

Love, Jennie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As usual, Kim Jennie and the rest of her friends entered the gates of Jeguk University in the most extravagant way. They were driving their own Mercedes-Benz and students as well as teachers couldn't help but look as they passed by. Kim Jennie is first in line, followed by Rose, Lisa and Jisoo. They parked their cars on their respective parking slots - the ones reserved for VIPs. One by one, they stepped out of the car and everything looked like a scene from a high school drama. They all looked elegantly beautiful, wearing their uniforms in style.

"First day of Junior Year! I'm so excited!" Lisa squealed in delight as the four girls walk side by side.

"You guys go ahead." Jennie stopped in her steps as they reached the middle of the campus quadrangle. She took something from her backpack and the girls exchanged glances, knowing it was another gift for her one and only crush.

"Seriously, unnie. When are you gonna stop courting him?" Rose asked as she crossed her arms across her chest.

It was no secret that Jennie is having a huge crush on Song Mino, their university's top student and now is the school's youngest professor. It all started back when Jennie was just a freshman and Mino was a graduating student. She would follow him around everywhere, every day, non-stop. Well, subject periods aren't counted. She would always leave love letters and gifts on his locker. She was very vocal about her feelings for him to the extent that she even confessed to him right on his Graduation Day and asked if he could be her boyfriend.

She got rejected though.

But that didn't stop her from trying to win his heart. She always liked his Instagram posts, commented on every picture he posted, messaged him everyday --- apparently, it's as if Jennie never existed in his life. So when she found out that Mino will be working at Jeguk University, her heart was filled with joy and hope. It's been what? Three years? And she will make sure that he'll fall in love with her this time.

"Aish. You guys know that once I've graduated college, dad will force me into an arranged marriage. I'm just trying to... You know? Enjoy it while I can. I'll go ahead, okay?" With that, she turns around and walked towards the faculty area.

 

 

 

It is the beginning of the school year once again and as he was expecting it early in the morning --- a lot of students are hanging out throughout the university grounds, especially the halls wherein he walks by now with his usual morning cup of coffee in his hand.

“It is good to have one of our finest students to work here!” A senior professor pats him in the back, and he offered him a smile along with a polite greeting as the senior walks away. It’s been a surprise for the faculty to have Mino pick the university considering he had received a lot of offers from other prestigious ones as well that guaranteed him with a high salary yet, he never regretted rejecting other offers for this university. This is where his dreams of being an English Literature professor started after all.

As a small group of school boys gathered along the balcony with enthusiasm and excitement of a young kid making his eyebrow raised, he took a glimpse of the scene below where their eyes averted on the popular girls’ arrival. His eyes fixated on a very familiar girl.

Kim Jennie. How could he ever forget her?

He shook his head, dismissing the memories. Not that it was an unpleasant memory since he does felt a hint of flatter when the girl confessed her feelings to him, she’s just not the type of girl who he likes --- and as she continues to pursue him, Mino just got tired of the usual cycle of her 'crush' thing.

With that, he went inside the faculty office. His past professors greeting him, most of them with a simple congratulation and how he did well which he replied with a polite thank you before he settled to his own room designated especially for him.

It was good considering he had privacy and he could work alone. It was a medium-sized room, not too big and not too small for him with cabinets and an office desk in the corner where files were already placed --- mostly of his schedule and other school-related paper works which he decided to read while waiting for his first class.

Suddenly...

"Good morning, oppa." Jennie greets him with her sweet voice and cute smile. She had casually walked inside the faculty office and head straight towards Mino's work space.

She'd been waiting for this day to come. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter