Chapter 15

Love, Jennie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my- For reals??" The girls squealed in unison. Their faces lit up at Jennie as they wait for the girl's answer.

Jennie nodded her head once, her cheeks showing a light shade of pink. She doesn't know what to feel at the moment. It just feels too surreal.

"OMG- So you said yes?" Lisa and Jisoo couldn't contain the excitement in their voice while Rose crossed her arms across her chest, anticipating just like the two.

Jennie took a deep breath for a second before admitting to them how she truly feels. "To be honest, I'm not sure if this is a date. I mean, he wants to hang-out, sure, but I dunno if as friends or something more. And I don't know if I'm ready to like someone again." She moved her eyes down and sighed. "I'm still... Trying to heal."

"And that's the right thing to do." Rose replied in a calm voice, moving next to Jennie to wrap an arm around her shoulder. "You need to forget about him. You need to get out there and allow yourself to meet other people that's more deserving of your time. Doesn't necessarily mean you have to like them back if you really don't but just, y'know, at least try. Just be careful and don't ever let your guard down again."

"Rose is right, Jen. And after all, we're just here. We'll support you no matter what." Jisoo said and smiled genuinely, while Lisa called for a group hug with Jennie in the middle.

"Aww, thank you guys and I know you got my back." Jennie, a little teary-eyed, returned a sweet smile to them. "Don't worry about me. I've had enough and I know my worth now. It's just... I dunno, maybe I'm a 'lil scared?"

"And that's normal to feel that way." Jisoo reassured. "But Jaewon seems to be a good man, no? And I believe he's really interested with you and if ever, I know you'll be in good hands. Just try? Go out as friends and just let it flow."

"Oh Jaewon oppa's a fine man alright! Where are you guys going, anyway? Can we come?" Lisa blurted in giggles, making Jennie smile cheekily as the blush on her cheeks seems to settle there permanently.

Jaewon said he'll pick her up from school after classes and that he'll take her somewhere amazing. No clue though. "He said it's going to be a surprise so I dunno yet. But sure, I can ask him if you guys can come-"

"No way!" The three answered in chorus.

Lisa shook her head a little rough, her palms up shaking them as well. "No no, I was just kidding. Maybe on your next date, mmkay?" She wiggled her eyebrows, teasing her with her knowing smile.

"Sure." Jennie replied, letting out another sigh when her phone beeped again. It was another text message from Jaewon and she couldn't help but smile even more upon reading the message.

From Jaewon:

I'll go to bed now, Jennie. :) Hope you'll have a good night sleep and if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm one call away. Good night and you girls take care please.

"Oh my gosh, Jaewon oppa is the bae, I'm telling you!" Rose couldn't help to fangirl, lightly squealing at the fact that her best friend could become one of her favorite vloggers' girlfriend someday.

"Oh enough of me Rose, what's up with you and Jungkook? I thought you guys are over?" Jennie raised an eyebrow at the female.

Rose frowned and sighed, her eyes automatically averted down her fingers, twiddling them. "We are over. But he's bothering me again the past few days. He would text and sometimes call but I never responded to any of those. He would try to corner me at school and I would simply brush him off. He's a little determined actually. Unfortunately, I'm a little determined to move on from him as well."

"Well? Have you moved on from him?" Jennie asked, her facial features softening as concerns over her friend rise up.

It took a minute before Rose shrugged her shoulders. "Truth be told, I dunno." She glances at each of them before smiling a little in sad way. "I'm not gonna lie but sometimes I'm tempted to get back together with him. I mean, he was my first and you girls know how much I wished he'll be my last and I just, I loved him so much but-" She paused, realizing tears were starting to fall from her eyes. "But our relationship has become too much to take, too much to understand. It was too much and I'm just tired of the cycle. If y'all gonna ask me if I still love him I'd say yes, in a heart beat. But if you're worrying that I'll go back to him... Nope. I'm still sane. And I know my worth. I know my worth now." She sniffs but there were too much tears coming out from her eyes that she had to hid her face on her palms. The girls hugged her, whispering words that calmed her down. "Y'all know just what to say to make me smile. I love you guys."

 

 

 

The girls arrived the university using Lisa's car. As usual, students were looking at them as they walk the campus grounds as if they are characters from a school life movie. They walk with confidence, with grace and such beauty. Mino used to find this ridiculous, he used to hate it whenever students would swoon over the 'popular girls' arrival. But as he stared at Jennie wearing her beautiful smile, he couldn't help his heart from beating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter