Chapter 3

Love, Jennie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As it was time for his last period class, Mino gathered his things. His eyes darting at the empty box of cookies and the envelope. He had been force to eat one or two during snack when the principal made a tour to his room thus suggesting to eat them while they talked --- it tasted good and delicious thus making him grin when he first took a bite. He also read what's written on the envelope already earlier so he decided to stock the envelope in one of his desk drawers. He had read all the letters given by Jennie to him and probably stuck them in one of the boxes at his apartment. Not because he likes her the way she does. It's just something he got accustomed of doing. Picking up the envelope once again, he took out the piece of paper and read the words written on it.

 

*Can't Help Falling In Love

 

Wise men say only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

 

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you

 

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so we go

Some things were meant to be

 

Take my hand, take my whole life too

'Cause I can't help falling in love with you

 

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so we go

Some things were meant to be

 

Take my hand, take my whole life too

'Cause I can't help falling in love with you

'Cause I can't help falling in love with you

 

But I can't help falling in love with you

 

His lips formed a small smile. It was a simple song with simple lyrics yet Jennie was able to make him feel what she wanted to tell him. He wondered how it's tuned. And for the first time of all the years she'd been crushing on him, he wanted something from her. He wanted to hear her sing this song for him.

Song Mino! A part of his mind screamed, immediately scolding him for feeling this way, for even thinking about it. She's your student. Alright? Your student. Stop this nonsense.

In an instant, the smile that was on his lips slowly faltered. What was he thinking? He let out a deep sigh and neatly folded the paper, putting it back inside the envelope and placed it in his desk drawer. He stood up straight and carried his stuff, walking towards his final class for the day.

 

 

 

"Hurry up!" Jennie ordered and Jisoo fasten her pace on fixing her hair. The former seemed okay now after what happened earlier at the faculty office and the cafeteria. Jennie. You need to be okay. You have a heart to win. It's just a few minutes away from their last subject and the girls knew it'll be a subject with Mino. She wanted to look fresh and pretty so Jisoo helped her put on some light make-up and a red ribbon on her hair as her headband.

"Good afternoon, students." The professor spoke once he entered the classroom and stood at the front with his eyes already examining the crowd of students inside of his class.

Mino's eyes landed on Jennie and by the looks of it, she made an effort to look good in front of him considering how she had some make-up on her face and a ribbon on her head accompanied by the obvious smile of her friend as if anticipating for his reaction to how she looks and in fact, his lips curled into a slight grin which lasted for a second.

Jennie never shifted her eyes away from him. She couldn't help but smile when he glanced at her. Omona! Mino oppa looked and smiled at me! She thought, knowing her cheeks has a shade of pink on it. "Good afternoon, Mr. Song!" She greeted him a little too loud but she didn't care if she looked weird because of what she did. She even raised a hand and waved at him.

Mino took another glance at her and replied with a quick nod. "I will be your English Literature professor for two semesters, Mr. Song Mino." He introduced himself. "You are to address me as Mr. Song and I have a set of rules in my class. I expect it to be followed. Any unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and will be known to the principal." He announced before flashing a smile, explaining his set of rules along with the curriculum guide for his subject. He was strict when it comes to classes yet fun and he could say that is his charm to his students.

"It's nice to have you as our professor, Mr. Song."

Jennie's smile slowly faltered and she automatically looked over her shoulder to see who just spoke. She saw Bae Joohyun or Irene (that's what most students are referring her to) smiling at him and she fought the urge to roll her eyes when she saw her pinning a few hair strands on the back of her ear. Tch. Acting as if she's cute. Oi, you're not pretty. Stop flirting with my Mino oppa. She frowned and shifted her attention towards their professor, wondering if he ate the cookies she baked and if he read the song she composed for him. Her thoughts were suddenly distracted though as Mino smiled back at Irene. She nearly froze on her spot, certain that she was jealous because of it.

"Calm down, Jennie. He's our professor. It's normal for him to smile at his own students." Jisoo whispered on Jennie's ear, noticing how the younger female got affected by that.

Jennie took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly. She glanced at Jisoo and let out a small smile, silently thanking her for always having her back.

Unaware of what's happening with the school girls, Mino continued on. He knows it is the first day of class, and most of the students still got that summer hangover in their heads except for the ones who are total nerds just like him when it comes to academic-related things who are excited to at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter