Chapter 13

Love, Jennie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At least she's fine. Mino said in his mind as the girls walk past them. It pains him that the woman he'd been wanting to see and talk to the past two days didn't even spare him a glance. Not even a bit. She's mad at me, that's for sure. He told himself, followed by a voice in the other part of his head reminding him of what he had done to her. Of course! You told her you're going to stop pretending you care for her. She thinks everything was just an act. "It was supposed to be just an act." He absent-mindedly voiced out, earning a confused look from the female professor walking beside him.

"What's supposed to be just an act?" Jihyun asked curiously.

Mino shrugged his shoulders and lets his mind wander back to when he laid eyes on Jennie once again. It was unexpected. He wasn't sure if she'll come to school today, though he was a bit hoping she would. The second he saw her, he wanted to just run and wrap his arms around her. He wanted to say sorry, once, twice, a thousand times if that's what it takes for her to forgive him. He couldn't do that of course. Not in front of students and professors who wouldn't understand. And so he fought so hard to resist himself. As they walk near each other, he could feel his heart beating fast in his chest. Greet me. Smile at me like you were happy to see me. Go back to the girl you were before we've dated. The girl who always wanted to see me, to talk to me... Please. But he didn't got any emotion from her. She was looking anywhere but him and as he opens his mouth to say something, the female professor beat him at it.

"Good morning ladies." Jihyun greeted the girls with a smile and they all bowed their heads a bit and greeted her back. They also acknowledge his presence but Jennie kept her eyes down, obviously avoiding eye contact with him.

"Excuse us." There. Finally. Mino felt his heart skipped a beat after hearing Jennie's soft and quiet voice. He wanted to hear her voice so bad that hearing it now, it sounds music in his ears.

"Yah! Song Mino!"

Mino came back to reality after his mind was clouded with thoughts from earlier's encounter with Jennie. "Huh? What is it?"

"You've been acting so weird this morning. I'm going to my first period now and you should too or else you're gonna be late." Jihyun her heels, walking towards her designated classroom.

Mino exhaled deeply and stood up, gathering his stuff to go to his respected class as well. His mind is filled with memories of Jennie and he tried to shrug it off and push it away but she just wouldn't leave him alone. I need to talk to her.

 

 

 

"Jennie."

The younger female looked towards her left side and sees the older female smiling as if reassuring her. She knew what that smile really meant. "Yep?" Jennie tried acting as if she didn't know what's on Jisoo's mind.

"I am your best friend and you can tell me anything." Jisoo said, her voice sincere and she hold on to Jennie's hands. "What happened with your feelings toward Mr. Song? Yesterday, you said he looked good with Ms. Jun and you looked as if you weren't excited to see him this morning. Did something... Happened?"

Damn. Jennie looked away as tears automatically build up in her eyes. Don't you dare cry, Kim Jennie! Don't you dare! The voice inside her mind shouted but her eyes instantly betrayed her.  Tears start rolling down from her eyes, her lips quivering and she didn't know what to say.

"Hey. You'll be okay. I'm here, we're here." Jisoo said softly and patted the younger female's back.

"I'm sorry." Jennie wiped her cheeks, hoping no one in the classroom would notice her crying. She composed herself as fast as she can and looked at Jisoo again, her eyes red. "I'm not yet ready to tell you what happened, unnie." Jennie softly whispered, her lips formed a small sad smile. "But I'm not okay." She shook her head lightly. "I'm not okay."

"Alright. I won't force you to open up. But if you need someone to talk to, someone you can vent out, I'm here. The girls are here." Jisoo firmly said, her hand squeezed the younger's hand.

Jennie lets out a deep sigh and she smiles, drying her cheeks with the back of her palms. "I know I could always count on you. It's just that... I don't have the strength to tell you what really happened the past weekend."

"It's okay. I understand. Talk when you're ready, okay?" Jisoo smiled and pulled Jennie to a hug.

 

 

 

"You do know that these are too much, right?" Rose asked, amazed by the dishes Jennie prepared for them.

"Aish, you're very much welcome." Jennie replied with a small pout and starts serving her plate.

Lisa leaned towards her, whispering that Mino just entered the cafeteria. "Unnie, aren't you going to give Mr. Song some of that?"

"No." Jennie replied quickly, stuffing pasta in and kept her eyes from searching the man who broke her heart. As much as she didn't want to, she remembered him telling her how he loved the food and treats she made for him. Was that a part of his act? Why would you want to know? It was all an act, Jennie. Stop dreaming and move on!

"You know, I'm really glad that you're finally getting back to your senses, unnie." Rose admitted, a small sad smile up on her lips. "It'll be hard at first and I know it to go through that phase but you'll be okay. I've been there, I've moved on and now look at me. I'm happy." 

Jennie didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter