CHAPTER 5 : “Seungkwan-ah, thank you.”

WE COULD BE IN LOVE

“Vernon-ah, come in.” Sojung Noona let him in. Vernon walking to the kitchen, the place where he see Seungkwan standing and preparing some snacks.

 

Seungkwan smile when he see Vernon. “Do you need help?” Vernon offer, then Sungkwan just shook his head. “Noona, do you need help?” he ask Sojung that prepared the matrass.

 

“Nope.” she said.

Every friday night, Boo’s family will held a movie night. They will stay at home, watch movie, talking, and sleep together in the living room. Vernon become the first person ever that being invited to their routine. And yes today is not the first time, since Vernon become so close with Seungkwan and literally Sojung’s friends too, he become an exclusive member on this family.

 

“Mom, your phone keep ringing.” Sojung tell her Mom and she immediately grab her phone. She take the call, talking and look like the conversation is so serious.

 

“Guys.” Seungkwan’s Mom call them while hold her phone. “We need to skip the movie night tonight. I have an emergency work. Sojung, i need you to come with me.” She said and Sojung immediately leave the TV and going to her room. “Pack some clothes Sojung-ah, i think we will stay out all night.” she said and Seungkwan sigh.  It's rare to see his Mom suddenly has a work, but when its happen and she take his Noona, its must be really emergency.

 

“What happened Mom?” Seungkwan asked.

 

“Its okay Darling, just some error and we are on the deadline for quality checking, so we need to finish it tonight.” her Mom said. Seungkwan’s Mom is a herbalist and Sojung also take the same path as her. That was why Sojung sometimes help her Mom, she learn and work at the same times.

 

Before they go, Seungkwan’s Mom look at Vernon. “I am so sorry Vernon, its really emergency.” she said and Vernon smile, an understanding smile.

 

“Its okay Mom, i understand.” he said.

 

“Thank you, you two please go ahead with the Movie night, and Vernon, if you can, please stay and sleep over, Seungkwan never been at home alone before.” Vernon nodded then she hug her Son and leave house. Leave the two young man alone at home.

 

Seungkwan look at Vernon with popcorn on his hand. “What should we do?” he asked Vernon

 

The Man just shrugged his Shoulder. “Let’s watch the movie. The mattress, snack, and all already done prepared, it will be waste if we just sleep, and beside its early.” he said and Seungkwan nodded.

 

“Are you really will sleep over? Usually you will go home after the movie end.” Seungkwan asked. He not sure if its good or bad if Vernon sleepover here. But he won’t be home alone.

 

“I can’t leave you alone after your Mom said that you never Home Alone. I don’t mind. Why? Are you mind it?” he asked back to Seungkwan.

 

Seungkwan face show that he feel relieved with the answer. “I am so glad that i am not home alone.” he said and Vernon smirk, he mocking Seungkwan, like how come a man like him scared to be home alone. “Don’t mock me, the last time i am home alone on high school, i didn’t sleep at all.” he said and Vernon show his gummy smile, a warm feel creep on Seungkwan heart when he see that gummy smile.

 

“Let’s start the Movie.” Vernon sitting on the mattress and slip his foot under the blanket. “What will we watch tonight?” he asked.

 

“Its old Romantic Movie, When Harry Met Sally.” Seungkwan said.

 

Vernon widened his eyes. “I love that movie.” he said

 

“Really?” Seungkwan doubt the excitement, but Vernon nodded his head. “but you said you was not really good with non action movie.”

 

“Well, I might be fall asleep. Lets just watch it, i watched that movie before and i like it.” he said.

 

“Well, let's enjoy this then.” Seungkwan join Vernon that comfortable sitting on mattress with a blanket on his foot. “How’s your day?” Seungkwan asking before the movie start.

 

“Pretty tired, i have 2 class, Mr Gordon’s class, an assignment, help Joshua, i am pretty busy, but so glad that i am off from cafe today.” he talking while his eyes stuck on TV, he didn’t realize that the man beside him keep staring at him.

 

“It must be hard.” Seungkwan empathy.

 

“It is always hell friday for me, but you know what healing me from all that tired?” Vernon turn his head and meet Seungkwan’s eyes. Seungkwan that had been stared at him tried to look as ‘normal’ as possible and shook his head. “Boo’s family movie night.” he said and Seungkwan smile, happy with what he heard. “I know that sometimes i could be so quiet, but its not because i am tired, i just happy being invited on this family so i am enjoying every moment.” he said and Seungkwan can feel how lonely this man from what he said.  

 

“Just sleep if you really tired.” Seungkwan said and Vernon choose to lay down when Seungkwan choose to sitting while his back lean on the sofa, they keep talking for first 15 minutes.

 

Just then, after 30 minutes without talking. Seungkwan look at Vernon, he found him fall asleep, he chuckles and lower the volume, hope it can make the man beside him sleep tight. He turn his head and look at Vernon, make sure if Vernon deep in asleep and yes he is.

 

Seungkwan stare at him, he look closely the man that these days he has crush on. The perfect jawline, lips, nose and when he look closer, Seungkwan could see that the man has a very pretty eyelashes. He sigh, wonder how could someone look so perfect even he sleep. Without he realize his hands already on Vernon face. He touch and caress his cheek slowly, like he afraid that face could break only with a soft touch.

 

“I must be crazy.” he mumble when caress Vernon’s face.

 

Seungkwan stop caress him, he lower his body, lay down beside him, so he could see his face closer and more clear like a HD picture. He smile and somehow feel shy with the closeness. Seungkwan also feel weirdly happy every time see that face, and at the same time feel sad too, he think anytime could be the last time he look at that face, and this time, he don’t know what to do if this is the last time, he already used look at that face, he hope that time could be stop now.

 

Seungkwan change his position, look at the ceiling and take a deep breath “Damn” he cursed, then glance at the man, and feel relieved the man didn’t budge from his sleep. “Why so hard to hold this feeling?” this time he look straight to the ceiling above him, didn’t dare to look at the man.  

 

His eyes keep moves, see every corner of the ceiling. “I promise myself to not fall in love with someone that i know won’t love me back, i am scared being abandoned, hate it more than broken heart.” he said suddenly. “Then i just ing break my own promise.” Seungkwan paused, he talk to Vernon like he heard it but Seungkwan know that he was not, because he sleep. Seungkwan take a deep breath then continue. “For the first time i don’t care if i am hurt as long as you are around, i am so stupid.” he chuckles then sigh again.

 

“I like you so much until i don’t care if i get hurt later. But, i am also afraid. Call me coward because i am so glad you didn’t heard this stupid confession.” Seungkwan bit his lips, tried to be calm. He feel like in no time his tears will be flowing and he will end up cried loud. He don’t know since when his feeling become deeper to Vernon. He didn’t know since when he fall in love with him, maybe on the day they first meet, or the second or the third, he didn’t know. When he realize, he like Vernon so much, and he can’t bear without seeing him everyday.

 

“I hope you never know it.” he said. And that was the last words he said that night, in the mattress when their body covered on the same blanket. Vernon and Seungkwan fall asleep.   

 

The Morning After.

 

“Just a simple breakfast, My Mom and Noona is not yet back.” Seungkwan give Vernon a morning coffee and some toast. “Did you sleep well?” he asked.

 

“I got a really good sleep.” he said then he sips his coffee. Vernon stare at Seungkwan, and smile when seungkwan look at him.

 

“What?” seungkwan frowned, feel weird with his stare.

 

“Nothing, just realize this is the first time i see your morning face, kinda cute.” he said, and Seungkwan feel his face become hot. “Seungkwan-ah, thank you.” he said suddenly.

 

“What for?” he wonder, confuse with the man weird talk this morning.

 

“A good sleep and a fresh breakfast.” Vernon said.

 

“Aah… you are welcome.” he said, smile and think that Vernon is weirdly sweet in the morning, this first morning together is not bad at all. They got smiley, laugh and a good conversation during the breakfast.

 

--

 

Seungkwan sitting in the corner of coffee shop where Vernon working. “Here.” Vernon said and sitting in front of him. Not so many customer today so he could join seungkwan.

Vernon stares at him, Seungkwan can see and feel it, he stare back but the man keep staring at him.

 

“What?” he asked. “You stare too much these days, am i weird?” he asked and Vernon chuckles.

 

“Just wonder.” Vernon said. “Are we weird?” he asked and Seungkwan frowned, didn’t understand with what he mean.

 

“Weird like what?” he asked.

 

“Well, sometimes, euh... everytime i am going out alone people keep asking about you, where are you, why we are not together, why weren’t you with me. Weird like that.” Vernon explain.

 

“Aren’t we friends?” Seungkwan asked.

 

“Yeah of course we are, and maybe you are the only boy friends i have.” Vernon said. Seungkwan look at him and smile. He should be happy with that proclamation but why he don’t? “I just afraid that people will make you uncomfortable because we are too close.” Vernon said.

 

Seungkwan stare at Vernon, he could see that the man is anxious now. That time what seungkwan think just vernon was not afraid he uncomfortable, he is the one that uncomfortable. He sipping his coffee and nodded. “Arasso.” he said, vernon frowned with arasso he mean but before he could asked more, some customer come. So he left seungkwan alone.

 

Seungkwan look a Vernon, it's more like staring. He smile slightly and adore Vernon again and again, but then sigh. He just realize lately, he is so close with him, and because of that he didn’t have so many chance to stare at him like now. He think if only they was not close he could satisfying his thirst of vernon’s look. Everytime he look at him, he feel like a refreshing breeze blow on his heart.

 

Seungkwan decide to go home. He take his coffee and walking, when he left he see Vernon look at him, he smile and left.