CHAPTER 1 : Do I need to come to you?

WE COULD BE IN LOVE

“Boo Seungkwan! You need to get your here or i will throw the water to your face!” The man with a pale skin grunted when he his Noona yelled at him. He drags his body to the dining room.

 

“Don’t give me that face! Get your breakfast and go! This is a new semester you need to pump your energy, more spirit. Enjoy your college day.” she said and the Man just rolled his eyes.

 

“Where is Mom?” he asked.

 

“She leave early.” she said and see her brother pouted again. “Hey! Come on, you need move faster if you don’t want to miss your bus.” Then the boy lazily gets some bread and move to the door. “Hey! Where is the smile?” his Noona persistent to see her brother leave the house with a smile, and a good energy.

 

“Oh come on Noona, my first class is English, how am i supposed to happy with that?” he grunts.

 

Today is the new semester. Seungkwan is not hate English class, he just not really good at it that was why he didn’t really like it, maybe it will be different if he good at it, maybe. Ah, and fyi, this semester he need to take that class AGAIN due to he failed on the last semester.

 

Seungkwan wear his shoes slowly, make his Noona frustrated and pity him at the same time. “I really hope this semester you have a crush on that English class so you could be happy and energetic every Monday, it's pretty annoying watching you this sad, especially on Monday. Kind make me sad too.” his Noona said make him glared at her.

 

“I am going Noona.” he said and with a hard step leaves the house to going to his university.

 

--

 

Seungkwan sigh when he reaches the class, just a few student come when he enters the room, he look at his wrist watch. 15 minutes before the class start. He has nowhere to go, his other friends didn’t has the class until lunch, so he decide to enter the class and waiting there. Take middle row, because back is too far, front is too close. Simply like that.

 

He lazily lays his and takes his phone out. “Why am i here again? i hope it end soon.” He was talking to himself and sighs. His eyes keep looking at the door, hope can escape, then the fact that he need to be there every Monday for 6 month make him can only grunted. “Well, let's get a good mark and leave this class.” he encouraging himself. He need to back to the cheerful Seungkwan, this is the first class of this semester, if he can’t go through this one, this semester will be going like hell, and he didn’t want hate his college time, its supposed to be fun.

 

Well, even he said that, he can’t let his eyes from the door, he really wants to escape. After a few minutes, one by one student come, some face he know and some he didn’t know. Then, a foreigner face that he didn’t know enters the class, that face catches his eyes. In one glance everyone can guess that the man which just enter the room are half, he has an Asian vibe.

 

For the first time, since the Man enter the class, Seungkwan leave his eyes from the door , his eyes followed him.

 

“Hansol, did you take this class?” someone asked him in Korean, louder enough to make Seungkwan heard, and from that man, Seungkwan know that his name is Hansol.

 

The man called Hansol standing in front class just smile at him. He put down his bag and then takes some paper, walking to the lecture desk. He tried the microphone, look around when he sure the microphone work fine.

 

“Wow, you all come 5 minutes before class start, this is good, Mr Gordon will love It.” he said in really good English. “Well, good Morning Class, i am Choi Hansol, i am assistant of Mr Gordon for this class, and as you could see when i am standing here then today he can’t come, so, i will give you a paperwork and you have a week to finish it.” he said in very fluent English.

 

Some of class happy listen it and some of it grunt because these classes are early in the morning and the next class will be on 10, they have nothing until 10, and morning time at College is not a good time.

 

“Please come down and take the paper, and i will mark your attended, then you can leave this class.” he said this time on Korean, Seungkwan look at him, amaze with the fluent Korean, he thought that he can’t speak Korean. One by one student come to him and told him their name. He works very diligent.

 

Seungkwan should be happy that this class is canceled today, but he doesn’t know why he a bit disappointed. He feel like a waste to not spend more time to see the man called Hansol with his amazing English and Korean speak (don’t know which one his main language). “Oh my, what am i think?” he immediately shook his head, throw away that kind of thought.

 

“Boo Seungkwan?” the man called his name, Seungkwan look at him, wonder how he know his name.

 

“Yes i am.” he said and then Hansol frowned.

 

“You don’t want to leave this class? If yes, at least take the paper.” he said, Seungkwan look around, he just realize that all of the student already leave the class, his name must be the only one that not yet mark on the attendance paper, that was why he know his name.

“Do i need to come to you? With the paper?” he asked again because Seungkwan keep look at him but didn’t move his body.

 

“Oh, no, no, i will come, sorry.” he said then he come down, approach the handsome man. Seungkwan take the paper and see the assignment. His face changes immediately, because the assignment is hard for him.

 

Hansol seems like see his change expression. “So, you are Boo Seungkwan? Music major right?” he asked and Seungkwan nodded. “Mr Gordon said to me that he has 1 student transferred from Mr Sam’s class.” he said while tidying up his thing. “What you get from Mr Sam class? C? C minus?” he asked and Sungkwan’s face red with the question.

 

“It’s D.” he said and the handsome man widened his eyes. Didn’t believe that someone can have D on Mr Sam class, he knows that Mr Sam English class is hard but he always nice especially about mark, he kind enough to always give a good mark on his student. He tried to make all the student at least got C minus, they could pass with that mark. Never know someone got D on his class. And now he is meeting that one.

 

“Oh my God.” he said and Seungkwan just look down, hidden his shy face. Glad that only them on the class. “Sorry, didn’t mean to insult you.” he said, feeling guilty with his comment, it could be hurt him.

 

“Its okay, other Sunbae said so.” Seungkwan being a generous, hide his embarrassment.

 

“Well, if you need help, i could help, Mr Gordon hate someone didn’t pass his class, so am i, i could help you.” he smile, the very sweet smile that can make everyone melting.

 

Seungkwan in doubt, he need help, really, but if this man know how stupid he was, what should he do? He can’t bear the embarrassed. He thinking it hard for it whiles the other wait.

 

“Well, if you really need help, you could looking me at English department, or at library, I am going there often.” he said and Seungkwan nodded. The man smile and leave him. Seungkwan see his back and feel his face become hot.

 

--

 

Seungkwan finished all his classes today and going home, his Mom and his sister prepared the dinner. After shower, he sits at dining room. Being a man alone at home was good for him, sometimes it’s hard but 75% of it is good. The woman are spoiler him so much. Like today, he could help them to prepare dinner but they just tell him to sitting down and wait.

 

“How was class today?” His mom asked.

 

“Well, it's good, all are fine. I have a good day. He said and his sister frowned, freeze on his place with chopstick on her hand. Seungkwan look at her. “What is it Noona?” He asked when he sees her Noona face.

 

“Omma, it’s weird, he has an English class today. and I need to yelled this morning to make him going to the campus on time” She ignore Seungkwan’s question and talking to her Mom.

 

“Hm, usually he will pouty all day, then complaint that today was so hard.” his mom said and his Noona nodded in agreement.

 

“Is there something good happen? Did you have a crush on that class?” his Noona said, a bit excited, and stares at Seungkwan, hope that it was true, but the man widened his eyes and laughing.

 

“The class canceled today, don’t hope to high Noona. Just eat.” he said and the two woman little bit disappointed, they will listen to Seungkwan grunted again now every Monday. They hope that he got a crush, so no more complaint. And the dining will be full of how great his crush is, but looks like it will not happen soon.

 

Seungkwan pretend that there is nothing happen, but inside, his heart is racing like crazy, he didn't want anyone know, well, it was not really crush but before he sure he will keep it for himself.

--

 

“Seungkwan-ah, i have friends. Her friends need money, that person teach English for first year college, do you need an English tutor?” his noona enter his room and talking without even know that his brother is in the middle of doing his paper. Seungkwan stop typing and look at her, frowned.

 

“Why so sudden?” he asked

 

“Well.” his sister sitting on his bed and face him. “My friends said that person need money for college, i just want to help.” she pleads.

 

“Is Mom agreeing with that? She will be the one who paid right?” Seungkwan ask.

 

“I am talking to Mom before and she agree as long as you are ok and didn’t slack off like the other lecture before.” she said. Seungkwan frowned. “It helps him, someone need help here. And its help you, no one get hurt here.” she said begging to his brother.

 

“Is it ‘him’? Are you sure? We didn’t really know that person?” he said.

 

“It’s okay, i know him really well, his name is Vernon he help me with my assignment when he still on high school.” She said excited

 

“Vernon?” he frowned, he seems familiar with that name, but can’t remember. “Is he a foreigner?” Seungkwan ask, didn’t really sure if he can agreed or reject it, if he reject it at least he need a strong reason.

 

“Yeah, well, not really.” his sister doubt said make Seungkwan frowned more. “Mom said that we can do trial for a month, if no change then we cut him.” she said, she waiting Seungkwan to agree.

 

Seungkwan look at his sister, she already set a pity face, her puppy eyes and pouty lips, Seungkwan can’t handle it. Honestly, Seungkwan didn’t want it, he has a plan asking Hansol for help tomorrow, so he has a reason to meet him and he’s been thinking it for 3 days, but now his sister just ruins it. It impossible for him to have 2 English tutor right? He was not rich and he has not extra money.

 

“Well, I am not sure, but let's try it.” Seungkwan said and his sister jump in joy, peck his cheek and grab her phone. “Well, i could meet him every Monday, and will asking him next month.” Seungkwan mumble when his sister leaves his room. Then he back on his laptop and do his homework.