CHAPTER 2 : “Do you want a cup of coffee?”

WE COULD BE IN LOVE

 

“I am Home!” Seungkwan enter his house, he lazily walking to the fridge and take a bottle of water. But before he take it out, he freeze on his place. He feel like someone are sitting on his dining room, but he sure that it was not his Noona or his Mom. Slowly he turns around and yes he so right, someone sitting there and he widened his eyes when see a familiar face sitting there. He freezes on his place, expressionless, he don’t know how to react and act for this situation.

 

“Oh Kwanie, you are home.” his sister out from her room. “What are you doing there? Come here, i will introduce you with Vernon, he will be your English tutor and Vernon this is…”

 

“Boo Seungkwan right? I know him Noona, we are on the same class.” he said

 

“Wow, really? Why you didn’t tell me? It's good then, you two will get along fine.” she said, while Boo Seungkwan still freezes in front of fridge. “Kwanie, get your here, you need to start the lecture.” she said.

 

“Ne.” Seungkwan said and his sister frowned, it’s unusual for his brother being that polite to her.

 

“I need to go, bye guys. Have fun.” she said and in hurry leaves the house.

 

Seungkwan look at the man that stares at him.

 

“So, we have 2 hours today, we start now or i need wait you to be ready?” the man said and Seungkwan look around, tried to catch the situation he was in right now.

 

“Ah!” he scream make the man in front of him blinked. “Ah, sorry, i will change my clothes, just in a minute.” he slams the fridge door and run to his room without bother waiting Vernon answer.

 

The men that watching his panic faces and witness how he runs to his room just smile and mumbles “cute.”

--

 

Vernon give Seungkwan a test to know the level of his English skill. And now he hold the paper and checking it, the result just make Vernon sigh, every time he open another page and check it, he sigh. He put down the paper and stares at Seungkwan.

 

“Did you really a University student? You take the test right?” he asked, and Seungkwan nodded. “We are on the same university, that mean we have the same standard right? Then how could you accepted with this level of English?” he wonder.

 

“Is that Bad?” Seungkwan finally speak. “Well, Music student didn’t really need a good score at English, so I have enough score for the university.” he explains.

 

“ah… right, you are on music major. Then why you take an English class? You don’t really need it right?” he asked.

 

“I need it. My dream is being in an international choir.” He said.

 

Vernon wants to scold him, but the way he explain and the way he confesses his dream, Vernon just can smile and understand. “Okay, i think i will do my best then, i will give you some recommendation English book, you need to read it and discuss it on the next meeting, for today are enough for a test.” he said while write down the book Seungkwan need to read. The other man is bit disappointed with the end of the lecture.

 

“Do you want a cup of coffee?” Seungkwan asked to make him stay longer.

 

“Thank for the offer, but unfortunately i have another part time job after this.” he said and Seungkwan just pouting. Vernon saw it, and immediately feels guilty.

 

“If you really want a coffee that much, you could go with me, i am working on the coffee shop near here. Bring some book with you, you can study and enjoy your coffee there.” he said.

 

Seungkwan face change, his eyes sparkling. “Ok, i will change my clothes.” he said and run to his room.

 

“He must be love coffee so much.” Vernon mumbles because of Seungkwan’s happy face.

 

Seungkwan out from his room after change his pants into jeans, he sign Vernon to going. He didn’t bring any book because he just wants drink a coffee and go. They walk down to the street together.

 

“I heard from my sister that you need more money for college.” Seungkwan said and Vernon stare at him. “Ah sorry, it’s none of my business, right?” he said and the other man just smile.

 

“You are so straightforward and cheerful, but its Ok, I like It.” he said. And the dark can hide Seungkwan’s blush. “Well, yeah, i need money for my college tuition.” Vernon said.

 

Then after that there is not really much to talk about. Usually Seungkwan has so many things to said, but this time he being so careful with what he said. He hates it, hate to be trap in awkward situation, he need to do something, then in the middle of the street they heard Twice song playing.

 

Seungkwan walking while his hands dancing and jump here and there, Vernon chuckles and laugh aloud.

 

He paused while looking at Vernon. “am I embarrass you?” Seungkwan asked.

 

“no. are you not embarrassed?” Vernon asked, but keep laughing and enjoying the man show.

 

“Nope, because i am good at dancing.” he said confidence. Then continue dancing, then he finally stops because of tired, take a breath and walking. Vernon laugh louder watching the man tired face.

 

“Okay, you are so good. That was so fun.” he said and Seungkwan grin so wide. Vernon walks past him. He is trying to catch him.

 

“You know what more fun?” he asked after walking side by side with Vernon. The handsome man just frowned and shook his head.

 

“I know the entire girl group dance, and i know new group debut, member even their birthday.” he said proud.

 

“You should use that good memory for remember some words in English instead.” he said. The other man sulking when heard that.

 

“You ain’t no fun.” he said and the other man just smile, there is a flash thought on Vernon’s mind that he need to make this man angry more, because he was so cute when he angry.

 

In no time they reach the coffee shop. Vernon take his order, he get home once his order come. Then Vernon back to work.

 

--

 

Seungkwan walking down to corridor, then someone called him.

 

“Ya! You need to collect your assignment.” the man said.

 

“What are you doing here?” he see Vernon on his faculty. “And what with that ‘Ya’? Hey! i am older.” he said to the man.

 

“I have some work here, i know that you are Older, But i am your sunbae and your lecture, do i need to make you call me Sunbae or Sir?” he asked and the cute man widened his eyes.

 

“Okay you win Vernon. And nope, i will stick with Vernon or Hansol.” he said and the other man smile. “Where will you going? Have some snack with me?” he asking him and the other man biting his lips.

 

“I am sorry, i can’t, i have class. Please treat me later” he said and walking away.

 

“Hey, i just asking, i never said to treat you.” Seungkwan said, a little bit scream because the distance.

 

“You will, but not now, i am late.” Vernon said and leave Seungkwan.

 

“Yeah, i will if only you agreed right now.” Seungkwan mumble while look at Vernon whose disappear from his sight.

 

Seungkwan sigh and look at his wrist watch, he has 2 hours before the other class start, didn’t have place to go, so he decide to going the park and sitting down under his favorite tree, take out his headset and start a music. He looks far, suddenly Vernon through his mind.

Its been 3 weeks, since the tutoring start, he sometimes going to Vernon’s part time job, they talk often, they are getting closer.

 

He look at the english assignment. Vernon voice lingering on his ears, he don’t know what it called, is he like him? Like? Is that a correct name of his happy face and ears when he seen and heard Vernon.

 

Like? Or Love? He smile and feel stupid. It's too early for called it love, he believe that it was not love.

 

“Seungkwan!” a man take off his headset and called his name straight to his ears, make him jump in surprise.

 

Seungkwan look at the man. “Ah why? You are surprised me.” he said.

 

“I called you like a thousand times. Why are you here by yourself?” he asked. It was Jisoo or Joshua as his American name, his Sunbae on high school and now at colleges too. Different major, but take same club at University. “And what with that grinning?” he wonder

 

“Nothing. I have a free time for next 2 hours.” he said and Jisoo take his place beside Seungkwan, he have a freetime too. “ah hyung, you know Mr Gordon’s assistant?” he asked.

 

“Whose? Hansol?” he asked and Seungkwan nodded. “Yes i know him, we are from America so we know each other.” he said then look at Seungkwan. “Hey, i told you before about him.” he said and Seungkwan frowned. “I told you that when i first enter the English debates club, i greet someone and talk in english but then that person answer me in really good Korean, better than mine, that’s him.” he said and Seungkwan widened his eyes.

 

“Is that person is Hansol?” he asked and the man nodded.

 

“Choi Hansol Vernon. He is an ace on English debates club, drop out high school, Mr Gordon’s assistant since last year, you are the same age as him but he was in his 2nd year. I told you about him before” he reminder Seungkwan.

 

“Jisoo Hyung, you didn’t mention his Korean name.” he said.

 

“Ah, right, i forgot about that. Well, maybe because we call each other with our foreign name at club. Then, why are you asked about him?” he asked and Seungkwan avoiding his eyes.

 

“Nothing.” he said. Honestly Jisoo bothered with it but he has another important to do with Seungkwan. So he changes the topic.

 

“Its weird but fine, now i need to talk with you about club.” he said and they discuss so much thing until the time come, and they are going to their class.

 

While walking on the class. Seungkwan remember why Vernon is a familiar name to him, his closest sunbae mention him a lot and he sometimes didn’t care. Now, whatever its about Vernon, he will care.