CHAPTER 3 : “I don’t really mind.”

WE COULD BE IN LOVE

Kyunghaa University has so many club and organization. And the most famous club there is Production House Kyungha, under the leader Choi Seungcheol and the ace Lee jihoon, they manage a good job and still being on top since forever, everyone that join them will be graduate with so much experience on an entertainment industry. That club are so exclusive, only someone that has a recommendation and go through test that can accept there.

 

Seungkwan are scout by Jihoon, thank to his beautiful voice. Lee Jihoon watch him on a musical audition and fall in love with his voice, he want Seungkwan’s voice on every demo song he made.

 

Kyunghaa is a big University, more than a thousand people inside. And between that thousand people, There is 2 person that meet again and again even they are on different Major and study at different Building.

 

“Why are you here?” Seungkwan look at Vernon when he enter his Club room an find him sitting on chair beside Jihoon work table.

 

Vernon can’t believe his eyes, he blink it often but the person is real.  “I am joining this club.” he said and Seungkwan widened his eyes. With that answer he Laugh, very loud. Then stop when someone come and shush him.

 

“You are too loud.” a cute man show up and then look at Vernon. “So, you are the one that Jisoo recommend?” he asked and Vernon nodded. He look at Vernon then look at Seungkwan. “You know him?” he asked and Seungkwan nodded.

 

“So. Are you the leader?” Vernon asked.

 

“No.” the cute man and Seungkwan answer at the same time. Make Vernon confused why they answer it together.

 

“You know nothing about this club?” Seungkwan wonder.

 

“No i don’t.” he said and Seungkwan gasped. He take a sit and face Vernon.

 

“Then why are you at Kyunghaa?” Seungkwan asked.

 

“Because of Mr Gordon.” he said and Seungkwan want to asked another question but Jihoon cut him.

 

“Its okay, he will learn it later. I heard you are an Ace in English debate club, could you manage to be here also?” Jihoon asked him.

 

“I am Mr Gordon’s assistant, join debate club, and join this club for helping Joshua hyung, also i have 3 part time job.” he explain then think. “Its okay, i can manage all.” he said, Seungkwan and Jihoon gape with his explanation. “So, if you are not the leader, what in charge are you here?” Vernon asking Jihoon, Seungkwan immediately panic when see Jihoon uncomfortable with the question, he hate being underestimate, and yes Vernon ask it with that vibe.

 

“Jihoon Hyung is an Ace on this Club, he produce, plan the activity and make a report. All will be on his hand before reach Seungcheol hyung, the Leader.” Seungkwan explain and Vernon nodded understand

 

The man called Jihoon sitting in front of Vernon and give him a paper, told him to filled the paper. “This is your form also your contract, and the schedule, you need to fill the form, read the contract and follow the schedule. What we doing here is a big, and your job is help Jisoo to translate the English to Korean, whatever i gave later, and be a copywriter too.” Jihoon explain then Vernon finish all and give the paper to Jihoon. After that he read it and smile. “Welcome to the Club.” Jihoon said. “And because you are Seungkwan’s friend, i will let him explain more to you, i have work to do.” the man said and sit back on his work table, Seungkwan sign him to sit on the meeting table.

 

Seungkwan take a place beside Vernon. Open his laptop and show him a picture. “Here, our member, the leader is Seungcheol hyung. There is 2 kind of member, permanently and temporary.” he said and Vernon nodded understand from his contract. “The permanent member need to include in all our activity, we can’t escape with any reason except military service.”

 

“What if the permanent member couldn’t attend?” Vernon said, then seungkwan widened his eyes, he feel terrifying just with imagine it.

 

“Don’t even dare, Seungcheol will doing something you couldn’t imagine before.” he said and Vernon frowned.

 

“Example.” vernon asked then seungkwan tremble imagine it.

 

“The latest one is happen last week, someone didn’t attend the meeting because of oversleep, the day after, even he apologize, he being tied on tree with a board write ‘i didn’t attend the meeting’ in the middle of campus park.” Seungkwan said.

 

“Mental attack?” vernon asked and seungkwan nodded, then vernon tremble imagine it.

 

“Well we have other people join us too, but permanent member are need to be there when we have activities. Just make sure to synchronize the schedule with Jihoon hyung, he will adjust until all the member could join. But because you are not permanent, it's okay to skip it, just make sure that you attend the first one for introducing yourself.” he said and Vernon nodded understand, after that he stare at seungkwan. “Any other question?”

 

“Well, yeah, so, is this club related why are you so good at remember girl group?” Vernon asked, he wonder after these time he know and become closer with seungkwan.

 

“Nope, it's my speciality. And will not answer that question.” he said.

 

“Fine.” Vernon said, give up with the answer

 

“So, because you join this club we meet so often then, at class, at campus, at club, at home and at your part time job.” he said then vernon realize it, they meet so often for these past few days.

 

“I don’t really mind.” he said.

 

It's just simple answer for Vernon but for Seungkwan its mean so much, he was not sure if he like Vernon or not but he sure that he is happy seeing him, and want to seeing him as often as he can.

-

 

“Oppa.” a tall woman with a pretty face show up in front of Vernon. He smile and let her sitting beside him. “This is what you need.” she said, Vernon show his gummy smile.

 

“Thank you Kim Nayoung, you are my saver.” he said

 

The woman eyes bright when he see cake and beverage on the table. “Is this all for me? Whoa you are true gentleman.” she said and enjoy the beverage “oppa, did you know Boo Seungkwan?” she asked and Vernon surprised with the question.

 

“Hm, we are pretty close, ah, so close, we are best friends.” he said with a cheerful tone, make the woman show shocked face. “Oppa, why are you so happy when i mention his name?” she asked and Vernon frowned.

 

“No i am not.”

 

“Yes you are.”

 

Vernon sigh. “Well maybe because i like him as a friends that was why i am excited, but why are you asking him? How do you know him?” he asked.

 

“Aaah, yeah about that… Well, our faculty fuss because of our Idol, Choi Hansol Vernon suddenly stick with a man. Cute man and they are everywhere together.” she said. “And beside it, i heard a rumour about him.” she said, while she enjoy the cake and Vernon checking the paper.

 

“What kind of rumour?” he asked, he interest, but kind of act not. He stop his work and look at the woman.

 

“Well, my friends from other faculty is going on the same High school as Seungkwan. She said that he being bullied at high school.”

 

“Then? Did she told you why and what happen?” Vernon asked and the woman nodded.

 

“Because he is Gay. well, you know it was not really big deal, but yeah you know, its high school after all. Someone see him kissed a boy, then after that from the second grade until graduate, he become a bullied target, he mentally hurt. The day of graduated ceremony, he nowhere to be seen, Bam! Gone like he never exist. Some people said that he was hospitalized for year.”

 

“Then?” Vernon asked when Nayoung paused for sip her drink.

 

“When he show up, he and his family move to Seoul, except one of his sister.” she said, Vernon frowned.

 

“You look like Someone that looking and investigate it instead of heard from rumour. You know too much from only a rumour.” he said.

 

“Well, you know i am a good informant, a source too.” she proudly said and Vernon smile he know that very well, Kim Nayoung is a good spy and detective if only her dream are being one. But she do it just for fun.

 

He know her since little, and they on same high school, also Kim Nayoung is his cousin, they grow up together. She pretty badass on the high school and Vernon one of it too, she good at talk and Vernon good with fist. They are a combo badas at high school until Vernon Drop out and then they meet again at college.

 

“But, Oppa, i heard other rumour too.”

 

Vernon frown. “What?”

 

“He protect someone at high school, he become a target to protect that person.” she said.

 

Vernon stare at her. “Ya! You liar, you are look for it right? You are not just heard ‘it’.” he asked. Nayoung smirk, know that she just get caught.

 

“What for? For my sake? you are true my soulmate.” he said.

 

The woman laugh. “You said something disgusting right now. Right! i am looking for it, for you. Keep it, half of it  is true, half of it maybe not.” she said and Vernon smile.

 

“I am so touched with your care, but i am fine, we only friend, and i am not gay.” Vernon said.

 

“I know you are, we are like...grow up together, i know how you love some idol and drooling over them, and talk to me how hot their are.” she said and Vernon widened his eyes.

 

“Shut up. Its a normal.”

 

“Yeah, tell yourself that it’s normal for a boy who always choose the ‘finest ’ member on every boy band that just debut.”  Nayoung mocking him with a low voice, he know that what he just said is little bit in appropriate.

 

“Shut up.” Vernon said and they laugh. Well Vernon just realize that he has that kind of feeling toward Man, like a desire to hold them in a different way, but he not sure about it yet.