The Past

Agma (악마)

 

 

 

It was one big mess at the mafia’s mansion. People are running around to calm the two older brother from making more mess which mainly cause by the diva himself. Leeteuk once in a while daze and lost in his thought.

“Fxck! Now what we gonna do! That guy is useless!” shouts Heechul pointing to the oldest of them all. Kangta were brought home after Hangkyung and Heechul found him unconscious with bloody head from the impact of his car that being crush from the side, sending him far and hit a tree. As Leeteuk told them, he lost his conscious after losing too much blood. After being treated, he were brought home few hours later.

“I’m so sorry…I.. sorry..” muttered Kangta, not daring to look at the wrath diva who now gazing in furious to the older.

“That’s all you can said? What about bring him back? Damn you useless thing!” shouts Heechul again, Shindong tried his hard to calm the older as he been always the one who can sooth the older down. After listening to Shindong, Heechul take a deep breathe and took a sit far from the oldest in that living room.

“Hyung? Are you okay? We will find him okay?” said Kangin, Leeteuk become more unresponsive from the moment he receive the phone call from Kangta before. Kangin hug the older tight to help the guy shivering.

By now all members from the two teams gathered at the mansion except Ryeowook. Siwon who were busying with his phone from the moment they retrieve Kangta from the scene broke the silent.

“Kangta-hyung, you saw the kidnapper face right?” ask him while walking and took the sit in front of the older. Kangta nodded weakly, his head feel so heavy but he refuse to look weak at the moment.

“It was the junior from other team in a local prescient. Yes they are cop and they are the one who Leeteuk told, that Lee Sungmin guy. I saw him there, they drug Jongwoon right in front of me and left me there after beat me up. I tried to catch up to them after they got on their ride but I got hit from the left of the car that send me to hit the tree. I feel like there’s more….”

Siwon pull something from his pocket and show it to the people in the room. “This been planted on your car,hyung. Maybe they know you closed to Jongwoon that’s why you been targeted too. And out of my suspicion, I check all car and found the same thing.” said Siwon and pull more of the small devices on the table. All were surprised because they never realize they will be fooled by the cops.

“Wait. But how they know you gonna be with Yesungie today?” said Kyuhyun, he one of the calmest person there,not even left his psp even at time like this but deep in his thought he worried for the older.

“That’s how I wanna know. Are they planted a hidden camera too?” said Eunhyuk,scratching his not itchy chin. Donghae put his arm around his partner and smile. “Idiot it will take time to slip in this mansion and plant a complicated stuff like. Beside,if something like that were planted, I will know by know.” said Donghae, he was part of technical team in the mafia as long as he can remember.

“So does this mean… we got rat out by someone?” said Henry. But then he realize, he missing someone. “Where’s Ryeowook?”

“i tried to contact him but it’s seem like he turn off his phone. Do you think he’s the one who--” Hangkyung speech were cut off by the angry looking Henry. “Okay maybe not him but someone had to be the betrayer” pulling his hand up so Henry know he just point out something but not fully blame the guy.

-Drrtt-

“i got to take this, excuse me” said Hangkyung while walking off outside of the living room.

“Hello Chanyeol-ah?”

“Hyung! Thank God you pick up.”

“What is it?”

“Hyung, Yesung-hyung is not in their house but someone else were here!”

“Someone else? Wait.. Here? Are you there now?”

“Yes, you ask me to visit him right? But when me and Baekhyun arrived here, there’s a beaten up guy got tied up on a chair. We found him unconscious and now Baekhyun is take care of him. Can you come here?”

“Oh gosh. Okay, stay where you are but hyung are so far from there so I will arrive there late. Just don’t open the door for anyone. If you not eaten yet, take everything you want in there, Leeteuk-hyung let you do it.”

“How do you know he will.. okay! I’m hungry too. Bye!”

“Bye”

-Bip-

Hangkyung ran into the room looking frantic. “Guys! There’s a guy in Leeteuk apartment but my worker are taking care of him now. I don’t who is he but I need to go there to make sure they save. I think that guy involve or something.”

Hangkyung were about to go when Leeteuk stop him. “I’ll go. That’s my house. Heechul, wanna go?” said Leeteuk, Heechul quickly getting up and followed them.

“You guys take care Kangta.” said Heechul without using any formality due his irritating feels toward the older guy.

“No, we all leave. I have another mansion near the town so we can do the investigation easier. This mansion is too far from communication. Let’s pack up. Let Heechul-hyung, Hangkyung-hyung and Leeteuk-hyung go first.” said Kangin, ordering the rest to get ready.

**************************************************

‘Clank!’

Baekhyun who caring for the sick guy were shock by the noise. He went up to the living room to check on the other guy.

“Yeol! Don’t barge into someone’s kitchen!”

“No I don’t, Baek. Hangkyung-hyung said we can eat if we hungry and Leeteuk-hyung let us use his kitchen. I’m gonna cook dinner and porridge for that guy.”

“Okay. I’m kinda hungry because we just finish our shift without dinner. What else hyung said?”

“He said he on his way but it will take hours so he said ‘help ourselves’ here.”

“Okay. I’m gonna check on the guy.”

Baekhyun took his sit right beside the bed. He look around the room and realize that it’s Jongwoon room. He were about to roaming around when he heard a groan. Startled by it, he grab anything he can as a self defense. The guy slowly open his eyes, try to shift his vision at the blurry figure in front of him.

“Who.. who’s there?” said the guy.

“Who you! What you doing in Yesung-hyung’s house?” Baekhyun hiding himself behind the chair.

“Yesung?…. Jonghoon-hyung!!” the guy sitting too fast and sending him shivering at the pain that strike everywhere on his body. “Awww…” whine him

“Who are you? I’m gonna call a police if you didn’t say anything!” said Baekhyun, pointing the baseball bat which he grab from nowhere to the guy.

“I am the police. Lee Sungmin. Who are you? Are Jo-- Yesung-hyung friend?” said Sungmin.

“Oh. So you Leeteuk-hyung’s friend then, he’s a police too. I’m Baekhyun. I’m Yesung-hyung co-worker at cafe. There’s another one in the kitchen named Chanyeol, his fixing us a dinner so lay down first. I just wrap you wound. Why you all beaten up and here?” Baekhyun helping the older to lay and tuck him.

‘How do I explain to this kids?” Sungmin thought. Baekhyun look at the guy and pout when the other didn’t repy.

“it’s okay if you not gonna talk but just rest first. Chanyeol gonna finish soon.” Sungmin only small but winced when the bruise on his face acted up. ‘Damn, even beat me up after I lost conscious, puny. I’m gonna repay this but I didn’t saw that guy face…’  

Chanyeol arrive to the room after a few minute with a bowl of porridge in his hand for Sungmin. He even forced the older to eat a medicine that send him dozed off after he finish eating.

“You said it’s a painkiller, why he dozed off easily?” ask Baekhyun, they went to the living room to wait for their boss who will be arriving in an hour.

“It’s a sleeping pill but only in small dose. I don’t know Yesung-hyung had a sleeping trouble, it’s prescript for him. We need him to stay so I just give it. I don’t know if he gonna run or something.”

Baekhyun nod at his friend, it will be hassle for them if the guys suddenly acted up since they were those people who lack of self defense or martial art.

After an hour, the door to the apartment were heard open. Both of them tensed up and about to attack whoever barge in. 

“Hyung!” shouts both of them and run to hug the older. 

“Wow. Are you guys okay? Where’s that guy?” ask Hangkyung. Leeteuk who show from behind Hangkyung smiles at the younger.

“Leeteuk-hyung! Emm… where’s Yesung-hyung?” ask Chanyeol who looking behind Leeteuk only to find the other guy.

“Pretty hyung? Wait how you come here with Hangkyung-hyung?” said Chanyeol curiously.

“we are friend. Yesungie is not here. May I see the guy?” said Leeteuk, still not letting his smile falter.

Baekhyun show the older the room that he use. Leeteuk gasped when he saw the sleeping guy and almost tackled the guy if it weren’t for Hangkyung who held him.

“Sungmin! Wake up you bastard!” shouts Leeteuk that send sleeping guy to woke up from the shouts.

“Hyu..hyung? How?” said Sungmin, startled from the presence of three new people. He art his eyes to Chanyeol and sighed. But he perk up more when he saw the diva walking towards him fast.

“Wow, calmed down. What’s happen?” said Chanyeol who manage to stand in front of Sungmin to avoid Heechul from attacking the sick guy.

Hnagkyung sighing at the two. “Okay, let’s gather at the living room first. Lee Sungmin-ssi right? You can walk?”

Sungmin nod and follow them slowly to avoid the two creepy loking hyung who ready to eat him alive.

“You two can go home, it must be tough for you two.” said Hangkyung to the younger. 

“No. We wanna know what happen. We feel like there’s something happen with yesung-hyung. Wasn’t it? Please let me hear too.” Chanyeol pleading to older with his puppy eyes. Hangkyung know well his worker can be persistent. 

“Well. You already saw this. Don’t get shocked or something okay. Don’t interrupt or this two hyung gonna gobble you two up.” Heechul send a death glare at the three.

“Now speak, you have one minute.” said Heechul. Sungmin widen eyes from the nonsense time.

“Hyung!” Shouts Hangkyung.

“Alright. Tssk. Take your time but don’t lie or this bullet gonna be buried in your skull right away.” said Heechul, tehy didn’t even realize when Heechul have pull out his revolver. The younger of them only gulping at the sight of the gun.

“Okay. Just listen. I’m on your side okay…. Listen first!” shouts Sungmin in horror when Heechul look disbelief with his word. “I might be helping them all this time but that’s because I did it for Jonghoon-hyung. Leeteuk-hyung, you might don’t remember the first time we actually meet but we meet on the day when Jonghoon-hyung were transferred into your family. You might have known everything about Jonghoon-hyung past life,right?” ask Sungmin but only saw a frown on Leeteuk’s face.

“I still didn’t know. Our dad die before he got to explained.” said Leeteuk timidly.

“Oh. Well. You gonna know now. 20 years ago after the war broke off, Jonghoon-hyung come into my life. At first my dad said that he gonna be my older brother so I was excited of having a hyung who can play with me but he’s so weak. He often got into hospital, he rarely said anything to me. He always look frightened whenever I went into his room. I don’t get it at first why he acted like that… until one night…”

Flashback

A small boy were walking in a corridor, pacing back and forth in front of his own room. ‘I wanna meet hyung… but dad won’t let me.. urghhhh I’m gonna go to his room! Sungmin fighting!’ thought the three years old Sungmin.

He was about to knock when he realize the door weren’t locked. He peek through the crack of the door and widen his eyes at the horror he saw. 

Jonghoon were laying weakly on his stomach while right besife him there's 3 older men where talking. One of them keep scrapping something on his back that keep gives off smokes. Jonghoon screams were muffled by a cloth that keep him from shouting while his hand were tied beneath him. His eyes already streaking with tears that make his eyes swollen and puffy.

“How long it gonna take off the symbol huh?” said one of the old man who appear to be Sungmin’s dad. He casually smokes his cigar although he know well the small heir condition. One of them grab the cigar and stomp on it.

The guy who stomp the cigar down look at Sungmin’s dad with intimidating eyes that send the guy shivered. “You know well he have asthma. You wanna kill him?”

“No Ahn-hyung. I’m sorry.” said Sungmin’s dad, Lee Junjae. The guy who keep trying to get the symbol off from Jonghoon back using a burning tool sigh. “Won’t this kill him too? This guy too small. You think he know how too read the cryptic?” said him.

“I’m sure they already teach. All heir were told to learn it once they can start speaking, Yoo-ssi. Now you two get out. I’ll do my work.” said Ahn. Both of them nod and walk to the door. 

Sungmin saw them walking close so he quickly ran off with his small feet, trying his hard to not make any sounds. 

Flasback off

“After that day, they keep doing the same thing until his back clean off from the symbol but… his back were full of scars.” said Sungmin, remembering everything sending him to tears.

Heechul already cried from the moment he heard his baby were tortured just so they can hide the only symbol that prove that Jonghoon came from the royal aside from his royal blood.

“Then how… how he can’t remember it?” said Leeteuk, his face pale listening to the pain his brother been into at such a young age. Chanyeol and Baekhyun already a crying mess even though they didn’t understand why Jongwoon been tortured.

“It was.. it’s from my dad…” Heechul perk up and almost attack the younger when he been slap by Leeteuk. 

“Thanks” said Heechul slowly. He know the younger weren’t at fault and thanks to Leeteuk to slap some sense in him.

“Thank you hyung. It happened when my dad tried to forced Jonghoon-hyung to read the cryptic. But he too scared by my dad, my dad turn furious and keep slap him… I can’t do anything because… when I tried to help him, dad lock me in a cage that he prepare for Jonghoon-hyung if he tried to ran off. I was shouting to let him go but dad keep slapping him until.. his asthma got the worst turn. He fall on the floor and gasping for air. Dad only shouts him to stand up, stupid him, Jonghoon-hyung start to turn blue for lacking of oxygen. That’s when your dad come, Leeteuk-hyung. He save him and took him to hospital”

“Dad? He really wasn’t one of them?” said Leeteuk confused.

Sungmin nod at the older with a small smile. “After getting the treatment, your dad, Park Ahjussi plead to Ahn Ahjussi to let him the one that getting the code translated. At first Ahn ahjussi didn’t let him because your dad is one of the elder who loyal to the king. Even after convincing Ahn ahjussi, he still won’t let your dad take him but one day, after Jonghoon-hyung who went into comatose woke up, he lost all his memory. Frustrated by my dad, he let your dad take over with a promise that to make him remember everything again . Doctor said it’s because of the oxygen didn’t reach the part of the brain that hold the memory and sending him to almost die. After a few years I saw that Jonghoon-hyung still not remember it so they keep him just because he’s a royal blood. I think i understand why your dad make him an assassin. It’s so that he can fight for himself and convincing the elders to believe that he will not come back to the royal. It’s not because of his ocd that make him afraid of touch, hyung. It’s my dad…. I’m so sorry… I'm always look for him from far away so that my dad won’t touch him. That old sag still alive now, I really wanna kill him off now.” said Sungmin, rubbing his eyes hard enough, frustrated by his inability of saving his Jonghoon for the second time.         

“And where’s that Ahn ahjussi now? He’s the leader right because he’s not in our list. It’s seems like he keep himself hidden well.” said Heechul after he calmed down with the help of Hangkyung who keep patting him while they listening to the sad memory.

“i heard he died because of a disease but I think he should have a son. We never saw him. I never trust that old man at all. I think he even fooled my dad to keep everything to himself.” said Sungmin.

“So are you guys like.. kings?” said Chanyeol, thinking that it’s the right time for him to speak after they all went silence for few second.

“Not anymore. Just our great-granfather. We just become noble man instead of resuming the tradition. This Sungmin guy is from the elder blood.” Said Heechul, surprising Leeteuk and Hangkyung who didn’t believe that the diva just told a stranger their personal privacy.

“Don’t look at me like that, Jonghoon told me that they are the closest friends he had so I trust them. Are you guys okay with keeping this secret?” ask Heechul nicely.

The duo smiles and nod. “Wait… why you told this story? Where’s Yesung--.. wait why he had so many name.” ask Chanyeol.

“His name after he lost his memory is Jongwoon, Jonghoon is his real name. Yesung is his stage name that he use in daily life. Only me that call him Jongwoon. He now..” said Leeteuk, glancing at Heechul, wondering to tell them the truth or not. Heechul sighed and choose to tell them instead.

“He got kidnapped. It must be that Old Lee guy the one who instruct those guys right?” said Heechul, Sungmin nod with guilty.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun gaped at the news. “What! We have to save him! Hyung!” shouts Baekhyun that send everyone cringing at his high note.

“Calmed down Baekhyun-ah. Hyung already tried to. That’s why we need Sungmin. But you guys won’t get involved. It’s too dangerous so leave this to us and go home okay? Once we found him we told you guys. Okay?” said Hangkyung patting the younger head lovingly. The younger only pout and nod in agreement.

“I think they know I will betray them that’s why they knock me off then beat me up so I won’t go for them.” said Sungmin in sighing.

Hangkyung checking his phone that keep vibrating from the message he got. “Okay, hyung send you guys home first. Heechul-hyung, you take Leeteuk-hyung and Sungmin-ssi to the location that Kangin send you, check your phone. Siwon is at the parking lot already so I’ll go with him. Let’s go kiddos.”

“Huh… why that Beijing guy keep ordering me around. I’m Heechul the lord! Come guys.” said Heechul but still following the younger order. Leeteuk and Sungmin giggle at the diva antic.

“Can you walk? Thank you for keeping him safe all the time… I’m so thankful to you for standing up for him even thought you know he won’t remember you, right?” said Leeteuk while helping the younger walking. Sungmin only smile and nod.

“Me too.” said Heechul, not turning his back for the two, afraid to let them saw him blushing from thanking the younger.

“Wait. My phone.” said Sungmin. With Leeteuk help he went back to pick his phone, he frowned at the amount of miss called and messages.

“Hah! Ryeowook!” shouts Sungmin, he forgot about his spy.

“You know Ryeowook?!” shouts Leeteuk and Heechul at the same time. Sungmin closed his mouth after he accidentally slip out.

“Oh you have guts to not tell us everything.” said Heechul, cracking his finger. Sungmin turn pale at the diva turning demon slowly.

“I forgot about him but he’s not bad…. let me explain,hyung…” said Sungmin stepping away from Heechul.

“Tell that later in the car. We need to reunite with the other.” said Leeteuk pulling the younger to help him walk again.

“Hey” shout Heechul furiously.

“I will but only to you two. Because Ryeowook believe there’s a betrayer inside your family.” said Sungmin, earning a confused look in the two older faces.

 

 

 

 

 

A/n: why with the long chapter?  Because i have to explain Yesungie past lol. Poor baby, glad this is only fiction. Say no to violence!  Haha. Thanks to my reader that keep encouraging me!!! I become more passionate in writing now~~~