Memories

Agma (악마)


It’s okay. Ahjussi just want to help you. Now if ahjussi pull the cloth, you won’t scream right?” 

‘Did I scream? What happen? Who is this ahjussi?’

It was vague, everything become to blurry for his eyes to focus. He can make out two figure but he can’t seem to focus on the two faces. His world become more distorted again and he was in another scene, this time he can see it clear. He was in a small place that no human should be.

‘what… why I’m in a cage? Wait, this is too small… is this… my memory?’

All of sudden a big hand drag him out from the cage, he can feel his body shivered and his chest feel tighter than usual. He was thrown on a bed where he was laying on his stomach and his mouth were covered with a cloth. He can feel a scorching hot on his back but for some reason he can’t hear himself screaming.

‘did I give up at some point? What is this?’

His world wrapped again and this time, he felt the warmness that he’s been missing his whole life. He was on a bed but no scorching hot tortured or any stranger that was dragging him around anymore, he knows where he is.

‘my room…’

The door to his room were open up, revealing a small boy running towards him with tears in his eyes. The boy keep clinging on his small hand, and that time he realize he was smaller than he was, he in his childhood memory.

He can feel the breathing mask that were put around his mouth and a tube attach right on his hand. He tried to pry it off but his hand swatted by the boy.

Don’t! you need it! Mom said you fainted again!”

‘Mom? I had a mom?’

He was about to ask but his mouth move by itself. “Where’s eomma?”. He was surprised by his own voice, it sound so hoarse and timidly small.

“Mom had to send off the doctor, want Chullie-hyung call her?”

‘Chullie? Heechul hyung?’

He was about to ask but he know it was useless. It was useless to ask something when all were a piece of memory. He felt his body shaking and a hand caressing his face in a loving manner.

“Jongwoon-hyung. Wake up.”

His world is too dark, he can’t make out anything, his body refuse to listen to his brain. It’s takes him few minute to gain his own conscious and once he manage to open his eyes, Eunhyuk’s face come to his view. He look around and heard nothing aside from Eunhyuk trying to talk to him.

“Did I dozed off?” asked him, remembering how Sehun had ask him to not fall asleep but his head were too clouded and spinning.

“Only for few minutes. Dreaming again?” ask Sehun, carefully lifting the older to sit against a tree. He had left the older for a few minute to help duo and came back to the older sleeping again.

Jongwoon look around and found a body laying near them. He tried to look at the body but Donghae come right in front of him, blocking his view.

“Hyung, are you okay? We finished here so we will go back now, okay? I’ll carry you since Sehun look way too tired already.” said Donghae, he lift the older and letting the older rest on his back. Jongwoon taking his chance to look at the two body that seem lifeless at the moment.

“Are they dead?” ask him curiously. Eunhyuk heard him and shake his head. “Why you guys don’t kill them?”

“Well Heechul-hyung said left them here alive so next time when he run into them he can kill them himself. We pretty much beat them to the pulp so I don’t know if they can be save but we have no intention to carry them to the base camp now. Not after they torture you.” said Eunhyuk, eerily with cheerful voice.

Jongwoon smiles at the younger but let his head rest on Donghae’s shoulder, letting the younger carry his weight as he himself weren’t really that strong to even life his hand.

They start walking back using the hint left behind by the duo. To Sehun surprise, their location wasn’t that far from the route he was using before he come to save Jongwoon.

*****************************************************

Gunfire still can be heard near the old house, a stray bullet manage to scrap Heechul’s shoulder. Hangeng who worried about the leader quickly pull him off the battle field and hid behind a tree.

“Are you okay?” ask him while checking on the wound.

“it’s okay, just a scratch. Go, I’ll handle myself.” said Heechul, Hangkyung swatted the older hand off and check on the wound. Once he sure the older were alright, he went back to his post and continue fight the enemy.

‘Damn, where did he get all this people. I hope Jongwoon is okay now.’ thought Heechul, he about to round the field but a bunch of people start circling around him. A guy was about to sneak attack him from behind when a bullet when right into the guy head and defeating him right away. Heechul look at his saviour who turn out to be Leeteuk.

“Focus, Diva.” said Leeteuk,smirking. The said diva shot right past Leeteuk head, shocking the other.

“Your are wide open at your back too.” Heechul smiling, satisfied at Leeteuk reaction.

Both side were fighting till only a few left on the enemy side, leaving behind only those who were fighting alongside the leaders. Leeteuk realize there’s only a few people left that came from the spy group. He saw Kangin laying one of the fallen comrade, guilt rushed in his head.

He walked toward the younger kneel beside the body. “I’m sorry.”. Kangin look at the older and smile. “It’s okay. He was one of my best man but he never in a battle before. He insist in fighting alongside with me even though he wasn’t supposed to be here…”. Leeteuk pat the younger back in pity.

*************************************************

Their walk finally come to an end when the duo quickly bring them to a van that were parked quite hidden from the views, where the med team consist of Shindong,Kyuhyun and Ryeowook who join them, waiting inside it.

Donghae bring Jongwon to Shindong to check on his fever. After giving the older an IV drip due to his exhaustion, they leave the older to get his rest inside the van. Carefully closing the door, Shindong gather them right in front of the van to discuss the next move.

“Should we tell the leader now? It’s quite chaos now near that house.” said Shindong. 

“I don’t know. I doubt if we calling them now it’s useless because they won’t pick up the phone. We send someone then.” said Kyuhyun, looking for a suitable candidate. Then he saw Henry who keep talking with the people who were with the person who saving Jongwoon. 

“Sehun!!! you okay, maknae???” shouts Xiumin, hugging the younger dearly then Chen who follow the older joining the hug. Henry keep talking with Kyungsoo and saw how Kyuhyun looking at him suspiciously.

“Henry” Kyuhyun said in singing tone, showing off his hidden talent at the other. Henry who shivering at the creepy vibe Kyuhyun gives off had hid himself behind Ryeowook.

Ryeowook knows what Kyuhyun about to suggest as he cut the younger off. “Not him. Let me go.”

“Go where? Let me follow!” said Henry,not knowing where the older suggesting at. Ryeowook ignoring the younger and prepare his stuff.

“Okay then. He will be going to the battle field to tell the hyung that we found Yesungie. Are you sure you wanna go with him?” he felt a swift on his head, Shindong has hit him following his rude calling for the older. “What? He let me call him that.”

Shindong rolled his eyes knowing the assassin might not even agreeing the younger one bit. “Go now Ryeowook. Let’s end this early. Sehun told me that Jongwoon didn’t even eat for 24 hours now. We have to get him to home now.”

Ryeowook nod at the older begin walking out to the leader. Henry who hesitated to follow been pulled by Shindong. The older shaking his head, not letting the younger to go knowing the younger lack of skills in fighting.

During their discussion that took about 20 minute, Jongwoon already gaining his conscious back and where listening to them clearly despite the closed door of the van. He look around and found a rifle that belong to Shindong who prepare it as an emergency. He check around the van and saw an open window, not wanting to alarm the other, he jump out silently and follow right behind Ryeowook with limping feet .

‘I can’t just keep sleeping and not helping. I need to end this.’. 

*****************************************************

It was the moment when Kangta facing off Kangin, being a man themselves, they decide to fight arm to arm. The fight around them already stop once the leader start their fight.

Leeteuk when around to help those who injured and pull them far from the fight. He went to check on Heechul who looking all pale and tired, furrowing his brows at the diva and realize the other keep holding his side.

“You been shot.” said Leeteuk once he went to Heechul side. Heechul only smirk off the other and not reply a thing.

“Stubborn head. Jongwoon gonna cry if he saw you like this.” said Leeteuk, learning the bloody shirt that clad on the diva’s body.

“Nah, he don’t even remember me. And don’t say something as if I'm gonna die. It’s not a shot wound, just a scratch by knife. They sure an idiot to show off like that.” said Heechul, indicating his word at Kangta and Kangin fight.

They conversation broke off when Ryeowook come running towards them. They were surprised by the younger at first but then proceed in asking the younger.

“Jongwoon-hyung is safe now. We need to go. His condition is not that good.” said Ryeowook. Leeteuk begin to help Heechul up, much to the diva displeasing face when the other helping him.

Kangta who listen to Ryeowook keep closing his space with Kangin, his intention was so clear to Kangin who didn’t have time to avoid it. He pulled one of his hidden knife and about to stab the opponent when a bullet hit his knee, send him right on the floor from at the pain.

Shocked by a sharp shooting, he throw a glance around to search for the sniper seeing that no one around holding a gun towards him. Kangin who too surprised by that taking his step back from the older, afraid in another shooting.

Then Kangta saw the shooter who hidden behind a bushes not far from him. He laugh out loud shocking everyone there.

“Come out Jongwoon-ah. It’s nice of you to save your brother here.” said Kangta loudly intending to catch all attention. Right after he said that, Jongwon came out from his hiding and pointing his rifle toward the older. 

“Jongwoon! Get out from here!” shouts Leeteuk angrily once he saw the pale Jongwoon.

Jongwoon ignoring the older keep walking towards Kangta. Leeteuk was about to shouts another nagging but he stop when he saw how angry the look Jongwoon throw at the older.

“Where’s your dad now?” ask Jongwoon, shocking both Kangta and Heechul. Kangta furrow his brows and the realization hit him once he saw the look in the younger face. He smirking at the younger,irking the younger more.

“Ahh, you remember everything now? How? We waiting for 17 years for you to remember something and only now you remember it?” said Kangta playfully.

Jonwoon become more angry and load his rifle quickly. “Where is he! Where that old hag!” shouts him, become more impatient with the older riddling around.

Kangta chuckled at the younger words, he look in the younger eyes and saw the hatred towards his father. “He’s dead. Ten years ago. No use in looking for him just to get your revenge. Unless you still want to bit him up, I can give you the graveyard address.” he was about to continue when Jongwoon shots just to scratch off his face.

“You just the same as him. I might feel better if I kill you.” said Jongwoon emotionless now. He felt his surrounding begin to distort, Kangin saw him staggering on his feet and quickly catch him.

“Let’s go home. Let Leeteuk-hyung deal with him.” said Kangin, he pulled Jongwoon into his arm and carry him away. Leeteuk walk pass by Kangin who carrying Jongwoon to Heechul and kneel down at Kangta.

He look coldly at the older watching how the older smirk at him despite his all wounded.

“Stop this. Even no matter how you forcing Jongwoon to told you everything, he won’t give it. Even you beat him down, he won’t listen to you. You betray us, I thought you sincerely care for him but I guess greed more important. I can’t kill you. No matter what you still done a lot for us.” said Leeteuk, he walk away from the older, leaving the older t manically laugh by himself.

Siwon helping Heechul who close to lost his conscious from the blood loss. Heechul only look at Jongwoon who been carry by Kangin and smile warmly at the both of them.

‘My family is complete. And I got more than I ask for…’ thought him then slowly his eyes closing and his mind swift to darkness.