Sudden Truth

Agma (악마)

“And I’m glad my dad told me everything yesterday. In.. including…”  Kangin stuttered at the end. He remember back to what his dad told him last night.

Flashback to last night

Once Kangin arrive at his father’s house, he was greeted by his father personal assistant. Following the assistant, he found his dad weakly laying on his bed. “Appa. It’s Youngwoon.” said Kangin. 

The old man looking pale and thin. His disease took a great toll on his body since few years ago, knowing his time were short, he gather his courage to spill all the secret he been kept for years. 

“Son. Come here. I have so much to confess.” said him, gesturing for Kangin to sit at the side of his bed after that he ask to be alone with his ‘son’.         “ Son… I was so sinful towards you. You love me son?” ask him, his voice sounds to sad in Kangin ear.

“Yes dad, of course I love you. What do you mean sinful?” ask Kangin, he didn’t whether his dead become crazy due to his sickness or he really does something wrong. 

“Youngwoon-ah… you.. you are not my son… I stole you from your family due to hatred.” said his dad ,tears gathered in his eyes as he saw Kangin look confuse but no hint of angry in his face.

Kangin were too shocked to even say something. He was grow up believing his the heir of this family and now his so called dad gonna say he just a stranger? 

“Listen carefully. You still the family of King Agustus. The blood the run in your body is the royal blood. It’s just you are not my son. You actually belong to Woojun family. My own brother’s son.”

Too much. There’s too much to take in. He can feel his chest getting tighter. “Uncle Woojun? Heechul-hyung’s dad? So he’s my brother. All this time I were fighting my own brother? What… why?” tears streaking down his face. He can’t feel the angry he should be feeling now. The old man in front of him took a great care of him since he was a child. Never once he got harsh treatment from this family.

“i… I know I was a monster who rip you from your family. But please …let me explain. Youngwoon-ah…” said him once he realize the tears and the avoidance of look. Kangin keep his silence longer, not believing himself to break down, not to worry the sick old man.

“Your moth-- I mean my wife and your real mother got into labor at the same hours. But due to some complication, she can’t keep her baby that she’s been keep for months. Our baby… die due to heart problem and die only few hours after the birth. I was lost. Not wanting to make my wife mourning over our baby, I do the worst thing a person could ever do. I switch you with the baby. The doctor were against it but I do what I can thinking that the other family already had a heir, I bribed the doctor. Yes, they were mourning over my baby while there I am, happy with my ‘first’ heir. I never had any bad intention towards you and your family but I was so lost. We’ve been trying for years to get a child and your presence in our life were the greatest gift I ever ask. Please don’t hate your mo-- auntie. She didn’t know it till now. Please forgive me, Youngwoon-ah..” Kangin didn’t realize the old man already in sitting position and were holding his hand tight. 

Kangin felt the warmness and sincere in his ‘dad’ voice. He look at their hand, clench it tight and bring the old man in his embrace. It was minutes of silence, only sobbing and sniffles can be heard. He forgive the old man. He can’t get angry for the man who raise him just like their own child. He smiles. He relief that his old man willing to be sincere with him even with his stubborn head.

“You know.. I never been into the inheritance. I was glad with everything I had. And now I had to face a diva as a real hyung.” said Kangin with a cuhckled. His dad can be more relief for his Youngwoon acceptance. 

“Wait! Now I have a dongseng too right?” said Kangin, letting go the embrace. The old man look at him confusedly until it’s hit him. The kidnapped heir is his brother. His dad chuckled and shaking his head as no.

“What? But I know he’s still alive so he is my dongseng right?” again the old man only chuckled.   “ Yes you have another sibling but he is older than you. Now that’s another thing I want to tell you about.”

With that, they were on about the elders and his new profound hyung.


Back to present.

“Including what?” ask Hangkyung who saw the paused and frown at the leader.

“Nothing. Oh, the kind elder name is Park Jinhee. As for the children of those two elders is Lee Sungmin and Park Jungsoo.” finish Kangin.

Both Leeteuk and Jongwoon immediately sitting straight in their sits. They look at each other, Knowing well their new position and condition. Sweat drop keep coming out from both, not knowing whether to come out or not. Leeteuk who heard his father’s name in the early trying to ignore the coincidence but once his own name emerged, he know something was off. “Jongwoon-ah… follow me okay.” Leeteuk stand up from his sit, making all eyes on them. 

“Kangin-ssi, please excuse us for awhile, we need to discuss about something.” said Leeteuk while walking towards the exit, followed by his dongseng. All of them can sense something wrong with both of them,including with the sudden pale Jongwoon. 

They keep walking until Leeteuk heard a wheezing from his back. When he turn around, he can see Jongwoon already lean on a wall and panting hard. “Jongwoonie! . Let me carried you. Please!” 

Leeteuk ignoring the squirming and keep forcing Jongwoon on his shoulder. He ran towards Jongwoon’s room, once he set Jongwoon on the bed, he search for the inhaler. 

“Slowly… I know you are in shock. Me too. I didn’t know we were involved in this matter….”  said Leeteuk while helping the younger take his dose. He can feel the younger shaking, not knowing what to do, he keep patting Jongwoon’s back till the younger were no longer shaking.

“Hyu..hyung… if I were the heir… why can’t I remember anything? Why I can think of any childhood memory even with you? I’m not ‘him’ right? I know I was adopted but why your name and dad’s name were there? Hyung….” mutter Jongwoon in timid voice. To say he shock is to little of a reaction. His soul even manage to leave his body for few second. 

“i.. I don’t know Jongwoon-ah. I don’t know what is happening… “ Leeteuk himself didn’t know how his father, whom all the time with him were able to be in such a matter. Sadly the old man can no longer answer their confusing even if they have so much to ask. 

Their reverie were broken by a sudden door opened harshly. Heechul storming inside the room with fuming face “ You!” Swish punch right on Leeteuk’s face, sending him directly on the floor. After punching the poor guy, he went to Jongwoon and look at him intensely. 

Heechul pulled Jongwoon into a hug. Jongwoon were way too shocked to response, still clouded by the last event. “Jonghoon-ah… my baby…I know it is you…”. the hug become tighter, the man in embrace become weaker without Heechul notice.

Leeteuk who manage to stand up again widen eyes at the diva hugging his brother out. “Yah! Don’t hug him like!!! Let go off my brother!” shouts Leeteuk while trying to pry off the suffocate Jongwoon from the Diva. “Yah! He is my baby! Get off your hand!” the two keep bickering even with Jongwoon who slowly drift off, possibly pass out due to shock and the sudden affection. 

The viewer who arrived together with the mafia leader only can watch them bickering over the poor assassin. Kangin who just accept the fact that everything happen to fast shaking his head towards the two. ‘How come everything is too coincidence. I guess god want us to end this fast.’. Waiting for a couples of minute for the two to stop bickering, which they don’t, Kangin had enough and dashed towards them. The aura in the room suddenly went dark, leaving the viewers scare. 

“Enough! He’s pass out already! You gonna hurt my brother!” and he said that while pulling away the unconscious Jongwoon into his arm . He know he had to say it faster and this is the only way. 

“Brother what!” shouts almost all the people that invading the room. 


*****************************************************

 

Few hours had past since he woken up to three scary looking guy who keep looking at him intensely. They were now in a small garden house, only the four of them to settle their family matter. Kangin had the hardest time explaining everything about his birth to Heechul who can’t accept the reality. ‘It’s happen too fast’ said Heechul once he knows everything which Kangin only replied to ‘I know’.

Jongwoon keep seeping on his tea which already gone low. The other three still looking at him making him dizzy with the attention. Leeteuk saw his dongseng’s cup already empty. “Jongwoon-ah… are you thirsty? Want hyung to pour more tea?”

“He is Jonghoon!” said Heechul sternly. “Jonghoon-ah, eat your lunch. You pass out too long just now.” said him with a soft voice, making few people who peeping from the house gagged including Kangin. 

“He is jongwoon! It wasn’t approved yet!” said Leeteuk. Few hours into Jongwoon pass out, they decide to do a dna test and call out a doctor to their mansion. Without the consent of the pass out assassin, they send a blood test to the doctor.

“Emm… Heechul-ssi… I might not be your brother. Please stop acting like this.” said Jongwoon, still fighting the stares from the three. While Kangin keep calling the doctor to fasten their job. 

“Lift your shirt.” said Heechul with a straight face. Jongwoon turn pale at the sudden order. “No. What do you want?” said him with a shaky voice. 

“I just want to check for the symbol.” said Heechul, gesturing Kangin to help him, although Kangin didn’t want to scare the smaller knowing his condition from Leeteuk, he’s too curious about it. 
With kangin holing his hand softy, Heechul turn him around in his seat and lift his shirt from the back. Heechul gasped at the hideous scar. He still search the symbol even though he sure it’s should located right at the scar. 

“How. How did you get this… it’s should be right at here. Those guys really need to be dead once I found them!” shouts Heechul while Kangin letting Jongwoon hand down. 

Feeling too embarrassed with his exposed body, Jongwoon quickly pulled down his shirt, he’s face turn as red as he can. “I don’t know. Teukie-hyung said I already got this went I was adopted into his family. Dad said I got into a fire incident. I told you I’m not Jonghoon. It just coincidence, right Teukie-hyung?” said Jongwoon with hopeful eye towards Leeteuk. He’s not used to too much affection thrown by anyone other than Leeteuk himself. Being around the two make him suffocate, not just because of his stupid disease but he were raise in a little too less affection family, only Leeteuk will spoiled him once in a while.

To say that Heechul feel sad was the right feeling he had now. He was so sure of Jongwoon being his real younger brother with all the evidence. Jongwoon saw the sadness glistering in Heechul’s face, he feel bad but he can’t put more hope in the older guy. When Heechul all of sudden stand up and leaving the three of them, Jongwoon can’t help to run towards him but only by then stopped by kangin. 

“Let him cold his head first. I can’t believe he’s my older brother too. Everything happened once we ask you to help us. Don’t you feel something off, Jongwoon-hyung? With the attack that happen at this mansion. No one, I mean literally a sane human would attack this mafia group, only those who ready to suicide would come. And to top it off, the cops are the one who send them but you’re brother didn’t know about it. Means you two were watched over by someone or might be the elders.” said Kangin. 

Inside the mansion, Heechul are making his way too the kitchen, didn’t even realize a group of peeping tom who hidden behind the door who snickering at the diva who rejected by Jongwoon. ‘This time, I will prove that you are my brother. Only one thing you can’t refuse from me!’ thought him with a smirk while storm off to search his chef. 

The group of peeping tom continue listening to the conversation. Siwon who saw only guy who left out by the assassin and his hyung who only keeping his silence from the moment everything happen. Approaching the said guy, he tap the guy shoulder.

“Hey, Kangta-ssi right? Why don’t you join them? I thought you on Leeteuk’s side.” said Siwon. 

“Ah it’s okay. I didn’t know what happen in their family. I’m only Leeteuk’s partner in cop. Thought I am close to them since Jongwoon small but I don’t know a thing that happen. Oh and if you didn’t mind, don’t tell them that I went back for a while. Leeteuk might have quit the cop but I didn’t yet, I still have cases tomorrow. Just don’t tell them I already gone. They need their family time. See ya!” said Kangta while making his was to the main door. Siwon wave at the guy and join the rest in eaves dropping.

Back to the trio, they were discussing more of the possibility. “I forgot… Lee Sungmin. Gosh I forgot that guy!” said Leeteuk. Kangin remember the name from his dad story and the meeting just now. “Who is he to you guys? And you still call this coincidence with so many name mention were in your circle, Jongwoon-hyung?” 

Jongwoon shaking his head. No, he didn’t know this Sungmin guy. He keep thinking the name, ignoring Kangin question just now. “That guy, remember when I told about why Jongwoon had to take over our dad’s work? We only receive mission from them. There’s another two who always with Lee Sungmin. I hate that guy! He’s always mess up with us with hard missions. Do you think he had something to do?
What if he just the same as me who don’t know anything about all this thing?” said Leeteuk with a frown. He’s brow furrowed more as he saw Jongwoon holding his head, scrunching his face in pain. “Jongwoon?”

‘Sungmin… min.. Minnie? Wha…’ imagery keep flooding in his head, making him hard to realize the shaking from his hyung. A minute pass, he manage to calm his mind and look up to see Leeteuk and Kangin with worry in each faces. 

“Min..minnie..” said him in small voice, the headache were still there but as he was about to tell Leeteuk about what he saw or remember, the door to the garden house open up, revealing an old man with a dessert. Behind the old man, Heechul were all smiling while walking towards them.

“what with that smile. You so creepy,hyung.” said Kangin with a disgusted face. Heechul smack the back of his head and went towards Jongwoon. “Jonghoon! I bring you a pavlova. Min ahjussi make it for you.” said Heechul happily while placing the sweet desert in front of him. Leeteuk angrily fix him, “Jongwooon”.

‘I literally had to go buy this because that desert will take too long to be prepared.’ thought heechul when the head chef said that the thing will take hours an he will ran out of time. But he still bring the chef forward to make Jongwoon recognize the old man who been working with his family since he weren’t even born. But for some reason, Jongwoon didn’t even react a bit.

“But I don’t eat sweet…” said Jongwoon, he lied. He always like sweet but due to his dad strictly banned sweet when he’s a kid, he stop eating them, including this favorite desert of him. Tempted by Heechul who keep showing off the plate of desert in front him, he almost whine when Heechul pull it from his plate. 

Heechul smirk at the pout and decide to . “I guess you don’t want it. Poor Min Ahjussi. He make it right away when I ask Jonghoon’s favorite desert. Throw it away, ahjussi.”

Jongwoon immediately got up from his seat, surprised from his own action, he blushed and walk towards the head chef. “You can---cannot waste food. Give me…” stuttered him. Heechul smile widely knowing he win the younger heart with the desert.

Once he ate it, everything become a lighter to him. He felt much less burden with the memory that keep flooding inside his head, clouded by the sweet taste of the desert. 

They decide to finish up their lunch and went inside the house to rest. Heechul wouldn’t stop pestering Jongwoon after that, always by his side and trying to pamper the usually stoic assassin. Much to Leeteuk displeased, he let the diva have their time together while he went with Kangin to discuss more about the cops involvement.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: uh oh they know!!! What will happen later? Comment down below how does you feel so far~~~