One Lesson, One Confession

One Shoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was raining, and filming had finally concluded. Ji Hyo was dialing for her manager to pick her up and was trying to shield herself from the pelting cold storm with her hand. It wasn't working, and her manager was not picking up the phone.

Suddenly, the rain stopped falling in a small area above her head, and she looked up to face the concerned gaze of Jong Kook, who had shielded her with an umbrella.

"Don't bother calling, your manager isn't coming to pick you up today."

"Why not?" Ji Hyo asked with a puzzled expression. "And why would you know that?"

Jong Kook slipped a pair of sunglasses on Ji Hyo's face, then proceeded to wipe some water off her raincoat.

"Because we're going to go drink some ox-tail bone soup."

Ji Hyo decided to go along with it since no one was going to bother recognizing them in a storm like this and Jong Kook was already flagging down a cab. She texted her manager not to come, but unbeknownst to her, Jong Kook had already told his stylist to tell her stylist to tell her manager not to pick her up.

And yes, Ji Hyo's manager knew, too.

"Ooh, it's warm in here!" Ji Hyo cheered as she entered the cab, lightly rubbing heat into her fingers, then teasingly dabbing his neck to give him chills.

"Yah- hey why's your hand this cold?" Jong Kook started using his own hands to rub Ji Hyo's, making her heart race.

"Well, it's a good thing we're going to go drink some ox-tail bone soup then, Oppa."

She dozed off after a bit in the cab, and he watched with a smile as her head gently fell against his shoulder.

"Heading somewhere with the wife?" The cab driver asked, and Jong Kook nodded, hoping he did not know who they were.

When they reached the destination, Ji Hyo opened her eyes like clockwork, and felt confused seeing that they were outside Jong Kook's apartment.

"Oppa, is the ox-tail soup nearby your house?" She asked as they got out the vehicle.

"More like the ox-tail soup is at my house! Come on, follow me..."

Ji Hyo was just bewildered at this point. Why would Jong Kook offer her ox-tail soup at his house? Was he planning to start an ox-tail soup restaurant? Well, it fit his variety persona, so that didn't seem to be a bad idea.

Plus why would Ji Hyo say no to warm soup in a warm house?

"Come on in, take off your coat..." Jong Kook said as he the lights.

"You made ox-tail soup?" She said as she wandered into his house. Her clothes were dry but she needed nourishment to truly warm up.

"Yeap, just go wait at the table and I'll bring it out..."

They drank soup opposite each other, unable to talk until they had emptied their bowls. Ji Hyo even lifted the bowl and drank directly from it to make sure not a drop was wasted, before placing it down and sighing in contentment.

"Oppa, this ox-tail soup is amazing! You really made it?"

Jong Kook nodded, finishing his soup sips after Ji Hyo. He took a long gulp of water before speaking.

"Actually, there's a reason I called you over today. I wanted to ask for your advice."

"If you plan on opening an ox-tail soup restaurant I'll support it 100%..."

Jong Kook chuckled.

"It's not work or busines

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter