One Filming

One Shoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was time to film the second part of the episode. Jong Kook stood next to Ji Hyo again, because he liked being with her, and quite honestly, standing next to Ji Hyo had always been a bit of a habit.

Like she had expected, Hyun Jung picked Jong Kook for her group's sketch, even coming out to hug him before she had finished putting on her makeup. Ji Hyo had to mentally hold herself back from pulling Hyun Jung away from her man, since that would be rather rude and basically an announcement that they were dating. At least she got to see Jong Kook make an effort to lean away from Hyun Jung's over-friendly grasp.

Because Ji Hyo also got chosen for a sketch, she had to make sure she practiced hard for her parts so the show wasn't ruined because of her. She made a bunch of mistakes here and there during the rehearsals due to her inexperience with stage acting and also her worries. It was difficult to keep Jong Kook out of her mind but she had to try and do it because of her professionalism. It wasn't helping that sometimes during the practices she was in earshot of Jong Kook's group due to the limited space.

Apparently after eavesdropping a little while re-reading through her script on her own, she heard Jong Kook complain that he didn't have any humorous lines in the comedy sketch, only kissing scenes? That made Ji Hyo's blood boil. Not only did she feel like her boyfriend was being overtly and overly romanticized just because of his looks, she also wanted every inch of her man untouched by anyone else. He belonged to her.

She tried to avoid him as much as she could in order to stay focused, resisting the urge to run into his arms and hold his hand to curb her nervousness. He was her rock that made her calm and relaxed, but at the same time he contributed to her nerves. What if Hyun Jung was a disrespectful person and actually kissed him on stage instead of faking it? Ji Hyo could barely resist her other urge to drag Jong Kook away and re-claim his lips in a dark, quiet corner.

Ji Hyo practiced her lines over and over, making sure the funny bits weren't awkward like she had made them sound the first few times she said them. But at the same time her mind was thinking about her boyfriend. Even though his group claimed that he only had a small part, was he feeling scared too? Did he know that she wasn't very confident about her group's sketch later? Would he come over to comfort her or would it be inconvenient because he was busy?

Ji Hyo multitasked, acting out her role in the show over and over while considering going over to see Jong Kook. What would make it seem not weird for her to suddenly show up? Should she say anything or just quietly watch him? Or should she just ignore him and work on her own job like she should be?

She took out her script and read it again. Her group would be one of the last to perform, so she had more time to practice and have inner freak out sessions about all the things that could go wrong.

Eventually, she took a break from blindly chanting lines to herself and walked over to Jong Kook who was almost up to go on stage. Unlike how she had imagined, no one pulled her aside to interrogate her about going to him, and it was actually funny how easy it was. So now what should she say?

"Oppa, have you seen how many people there are out there?" Jong Kook couldn't help but let a small smile etch on his face at the sight of his beloved. He wanted so badly to hug her, hold her hand, beg for a good luck kiss...

But that would basically announce that they were dating, and because the backstage was small and crowded, there was going to be no instances of him pulling her aside to a dark, quiet corner to do with her as he pleased. Her always breathtaking face was all he could have for now.

He also wanted to comfort Ji Hyo because although they hadn't said much to each other during the past few hours, he would occasionally glance at her from the corner of his eye and sense her nervousness. But he knew Song Ji Hyo was Song Ji Hyo, and she was just overthinking things. He knew she'd be able to pull it off. But he couldn't even tell her that because they were both too busy, and unfortunately not busy with each other. And he could only smile weakly as she turned and walked away to let him ready himself for the stage.

Waiting for his turn to enter the scene felt excruciating. He could barely hear his cue to enter as his heart beat filled his ears. And when he did, the entire thing felt like a blur, except when alarm bells went off in his head when Hyun Jung almost got a bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter