One Drink, One Call

One Shoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What would one do if one were to find themselves in love with someone, yet was sure that that someone didn't?

For Ji Hyo, her solution was to drink, brood about it alone at home, and hopefully find answers at the ends of the bottles.

Or, until she forgot the questions.

She downed a shot of soju. It burned at the back of . Bitter, like how she felt knowing he didn't like her like she liked him. Warm, like Jong Kook's embrace.

His embrace. Be it across the back of her shoulders, around her waist, tapping the top of her head- what was that all for? Platonic affection for a friend? Or more?

Sure, Sober Ji Hyo had less confidence in potential feelings Jong Kook might harbor for her, because she was somehow convinced he saw her as nothing more than a sister.

Slightly-Drunk Ji Hyo was more hopeful about things. Hey, what if Jong Kook did like her but was too afraid to say a thing? And maybe, just maybe, Jong Kook was just as much of a coward as her- too afraid to tell the truth for fear of losing the other for good.

Wait a minute, that's not very hopeful. Slightly-Drunk Ji Hyo takes another shot of soju. Could it be that Jong Kook liked her but she was too insecure to see it? Sure, Sober Ji Hyo started drinking because she was upset that Jong Kook freaked out at her house about the others thinking they were a couple, and that made her think that it was a sign that he didn't like her.

But it could be because he liked her and was too afraid she'd know right? Or maybe not. Maybe Ji Hyo didn't even like Jong Kook. Maybe she was only angry because her pride was hurt. Maybe she was tricked into thinking she liked him because he kept treating her well and being so amazing. And cute.

Okay maybe Slightly-Drunk Ji Hyo was wrong about her not liking Jong Kook. But hey, it was worth a try to convince herself she didn't actually like him to prevent herself from getting hurt.

She took a swig from the bottle itself, too lazy to pace herself shot by shot like Jong Kook had once recommended to minimize her alcohol intake. Wait a minute- screw listening to Kim Jong Kook! Why should she take his advice on drinking smaller amounts when he was the reason she was drinking in the first place?

She took another swig and now became Moderately-Drunk Ji Hyo. While Slightly-Drunk Ji Hyo was passive and tried to make things better, Moderately-Drunk Ji Hyo was more active and pretty pissed at Jong Kook.

How dare he? With those stupid brown locks, that never turned back to black after the day she admitted she disliked black hair, ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter