One Shoe

One Shoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Holding her.

It was a bit of a habit.

He'd grab her waist naturally when she was next to him. She would link arms with him naturally when he was next to her.

Was there something wrong with that? Jong Kook told himself that he held her waist because he was protective; and that she was safer if he did.

After all, there was that one time where Ji Hyo slipped, but didn't fall because he had been holding her. He was just being a good brother.

Brother. Somehow that didn't feel right in Jong Kook's head. While years ago he could proudly call himself Ji Hyo's brother without flinching, the very word now irked him. Brother. That was somehow not something he wanted to be.

They were filming for Running Man. Haha had mentioned a few weeks prior that Byul was releasing a new single. His dongsaeng had went on and on about how good it sounded, how proud he was of his wife, all the while grinning from ear to ear. It was a heartwarming sight, and he secretly wished he could be like that. He still envied Haha's happiness. Byul and Haha were a sweet couple and no one could deny that. He wished for the same fortune.

"Guys! My Byul's single just got released- you all promised to help me promote right? Don't go back on your word!" Haha's finger jutted out of his fist as he threatened his co-workers jokingly. They would of course help promote his wife.

They filmed the opening and got changed into their respective athletic outfits. Jong Kook spotted Ji Hyo standing on her own, staring into what appeared to be blank space.

"Tired?" He asked as he slipped his arm around her, unconsciously smiling as she leaned into him slightly. She had been to Shanghai for over a week, and Jong Kook could only text and call her when she went overseas.

"I'm fine Oppa. I was just looking at that corridor..."

"Why?"

They heard a flash behind them, but thought nothing of it as they were too wrapped up in their small talk.

"I looks dark even in the day... And like it might get even darker at night..."

"You think there might be a ghost there?"

Ji Hyo looked away, disliking his teasing smile.

"Yah! Don't make fun of me! You know I'm afraid of them and you shouldn't be making fun of people's fears..."

He pinched her cheeks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter