One Meal

One Shoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were at a hotel buffet for breakfast after the end of another fan meeting, and Jong Kook was being weirdly caring, helping her choose food and putting it on her plate for her. Ji Hyo wondered if she should attribute this strange behavior to him being sleep deprived- she had heard about his crazy schedule recently.

"Oppa, why are you being so nice?" She questioned as they sat down on opposite sides of the table, facing each other.

"What are you talking about? I'm always nice! Plus didn't I owe you a meal?"

The cheek of him to say that! How was a buffet that was paid for them beforehand him treating her to a meal? Ji Hyo huffed in disbelief as he chuckled.

"Hyung, why do you owe Noona a meal?" Kwang Soo asked in confusion as he sat next to Jong Kook.

"Why? Because Ji Hyo bullied me into it by saying I almost caused a scandal..."

"Tsk tsk tsk... Kim Jong Kook... I really did not think you were this much of a miser..."

Jong Kook whipped out his phone and started typing something.

"Are you ignoring me?" Ji Hyo felt her phone buzz.

Jong Kook: when your schedules end for today, I'll be at table 26 waiting at my aunt's pork belly restaurant^^ (Which you said was your favorite!) So don't be late^^

"Really?" Ji Hyo's heart felt like melting. It was rather sweet and honestly felt like he was taking her on a dinner date. "My schedule ends at 6 in the evening..."

"I already checked- did you really think I'd go back on my word?" He squeezed Ji Hyo's cheeks and the affectionate gesture made her blush.

"Hmm... maybe? It's your aunt's restaurant, so you might not even have to pay! In a way, you're still a miser..." She teased, causing him to swirl his tongue around his inner cheek in annoyance.

Ji Hyo then observed that Kwang Soo had texted someone, but somehow the phones of all the other members except Jong Kook's and herself buzzed, and they unlocked it, reading a message, laughing and some typing in a response. It seemed slightly suspicious to Ji Hyo, but she ignored it, too happy about dinner later.

Jong Kook sat at the table waiting for Ji Hyo's arrival, tapping his foot on the ceramic tiles impatiently. He was dressed in semi-casual attire, not trying to look like he'd put in too much effort to look good. This isn't a date, he kept telling himself, but somehow he felt so nervous.

Gosh and if her entrance didn't make things worse. Ji Hyo waved and flashed a smile. He was stunned. Ji Hyo had on some makeup, probably because of her previous schedule, and a simple dress that was cut above her knees. She was breathtaking.

And Jong Kook had no idea what to do. Should he get up, be a gentleman and pull her chair out for her? Or would that seem weird? He knew that whenever Ji Hyo got dolled up even a little he couldn't speak or meet eyes with her, and once he just looked away and laughed in disbelief.

But all his suspicious reactions were easily covered up by the other members' reactions, and he realized how much he needed them right then.

"Am I on time? I barely had time to get home, so I just threw on the first dress I saw..."

What was he supposed to say?

"Your dress-"

"Are you going to say it's too short again? I had no time, dresses are faster to wear than you think- it's effortless fashion! Plus, I can't possibly wear rags to your aunt's restaurant!"

"No it's a nice dress. You look pretty..."

"Ah? Is that- thank you..."

Ji Hyo blushed. Jong Kook had this effect on her, somehow. His compliments could make her heart pump harder. There was this slightly awkward, slightly tense silence, but the waiter walked over and they both snapped out of it to order some food.

They were both excited for the food to arrive due to their hunger, and Ji Hyo was trying to engage him in small talk while waiting.

"Oppa, heard your schedule finally calmed down today. Did you get some rest?" Ji Hyo was worried about the man. He was so busy the past few days she wondered how he had time to sleep.

Jong Kook didn't take a nap. He would never admit it, but he spent hours getting ready and looking through his wardrobe even though this was not a date. He shook his head.

"I got some rest at the hotel before we left after the fan meet..."

That was good enough for Ji Hyo. She started to talk a little more about her day in between bites of food once it arrived, but Jong Kook could not contribute to the conversation that effectively. In all honesty, he was exhausted. It didn't help that his brain kept harping on how splendid Ji Hyo looked.

"Oppa, are you ok?"

"You look- pretty..." Wait what? He shook his head. He was going mad.

"Oppa, I think you need more sleep..." Ji Hyo giggled awkwardly, and recalled a fact in the back of her mind that said people tended to tell the truth when tired, but brushed it aside. He needed to get to bed.

They ate rather quickly after that, but Jong Kook insisted on seeing her home. They took a cab to Ji Hyo's apartment, and Jong Kook sent her all the way up to her front door.

"Thanks for the-" Ji Hyo was suddenly cut off by a Jong Kook who had passed out. Thankfully, she caught him before he fell on any hard surfaces that could injure him. Not so thankfully, his weight was a bit too much for her.

"Easy there! Oh how much do you really weigh?" She got him to her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter