One Lap, One Nap

One Shoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He found her, munching on apple slices and sat on a dry platform. She smiled widely as she saw him approaching, and motioned for him to sit next to her.

"Kim Jong Kook, ah~" She held out her last apple slice, which he opened his mouth wide to receive.

"As expected, you'll eat anything that's healthy! Haha..."

He felt like arguing that he'd eat anything, provided she was the one that fed him. But he knew that that was friendship suicide, and his mouth was too full for him to utter a single word.

As he sat down next to her, Ji Hyo lay on his lap like it was a pillow. She sighed in comfort.

"Thought you said you weren't tired?" Jong Kook asked in a teasing tone as he swallowed the last of her apple.

"That was the past. Now it's the present. And in the present, I'm tired and need a nap." She remarked with her eyes still shut.

"So you waved to me to come here so you could sleep on me?" He asked in slight disbelief.

"Yup, I'm completely using you Kim Jong Kook." She replied nonchalantly, eyes still closed.

And he had nothing to say to that. Well, nothing to say out loud. Because in his mind, the corner that he pretended not to hear, was saying that he wouldn't mind her using him like this, sleeping peacefully in his lap.

He her hair and patted her back gently, like how one would put a child to sleep. Unfortunately Jong Kook didn't see Ji Hyo as a child. Maybe if he did, life would be a lot easier when she was around him.

"Don't stop..." Ji Hyo mumbled when she no longer felt his touch.

"What?"

"Don't stop touching my hair, and don't stop patting me to sleep..." She repeated with more clarity.

"Yah... Song Ji Hyo, are you a baby? Do you want me to sing a lullaby? Rock you in my arms too?" He asked in disbelief.

She shushed him, before grabbing his hand and placing it on her hair. With an exaggerated sigh, Jong Kook continued dragging his fingers through her hair and occasionally patting her on the back. It was slightly tiring, but the relaxed smile on her face was worth it.

"Wait- stop."

"What is it this time?"

"Move forward a little."

"Ok..."

Jong Kook was slightly confused, but he still inched forward. The moment the gap between his calf and the platform was large enough, Ji Hyo slipped her hand through and lay back down on his lap.

"Yah... Now you're using my calf as a bolster? Aigoo..."

But he did nothing to stop her, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter