First day

When they meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The surroundings of the school were busy with a lot of people. Today marks the first day of classes and everyone was looking forward to meeting the new students. The school was particularly left open for press and media personnel to arrive for the first week to allow them to observe their activities, it was often referred to as the Welcome Week. After the “Welcome Week” the school is shut off from having any visitors.

A black vehicle tried to pass through the mob of people. Inside were two friends observing the view outside. They were amazed at how much people looked forward to having a glimpse of the school’s students. The two thought of how much power the school holds to have people swarm at them like this.

“I don’t think I’ll ever get used to this! Look at all these photographers and its only 6 AM!” Yena peeked from inside Yuri’s car.

“You have to get used to it. It’s what we all signed up for.” Yuri answered.

“Still, I can’t believe it’s this crowded though. The car can barely pass through.” Yena pointed outside. It was a good thing her car was heavily tinted. Else, they’d have to deal with unpleasant pictures of them.

“Probably because of the Japanese Students, damn they’re popular.” Yuri replied, taking Yena’s fingers away from the window, holding her hand. “You’re putting smudges on the window, Yena.”

“Ah I’m sorry. But Yuri, you really didn’t have to get me and my stuff you know. I can do it myself.” Yena looked at the girl and now it was her holding Yuri’s. “I mean, you don’t have to go through all the trouble when you’ve already moved in yesterday.” The girl added, letting go of Yuri’s hand and scratched her head.

“It’s fine Yena, I forgot something at home and besides, if I didn’t pick you up you’d probably be late anyways. Now, we can’t have the media see that, am I right?” Yuri answered, fixing the girl’s uniform. A cough emerged from the driver’s seat, Yuri’s driver signaled the girls that they’ve reached the Dormitories.

“Thank you, Yoo-ajhusshi. Please tell Father that I’ll be back next for Christmas Break.” Yuri instructed their driver.

“Thanks a lot, Yoo-ajhusshi!” Yena smiled and bid farewell to the old man on the wheel.

“Yes, Miss Yuri. I’ll be sure to tell Sir Jo. Take care, the both of you, Miss Yuri, Miss Yena.” Mister Yoo smiled at the two as if they were his children and drove off.

The girl was born from a well-off family just like the other students but unlike most of them Yuri was considered a child prodigy. Being born with remarkable vocal prowess and the ability to quickly master any musical instrument, everyone believed that Yuri was off to pursuing the path for the arts. However, Yuri’s parents wanted something different for her, being the only heir to their family business. Still, the talented girl managed to persuade her parents to allow her to be in a school which specialized in honing her skills, under the condition that she will inherit and run the business once she finishes college.

The two girls quickly made their way inside the dormitory, hiding their faces from the wandering media. As soon as they got inside, they were surprised to see the building as busy as the people outside. Students running from room to room, girls eating their breakfasts at the lobby, and of course unfamiliar language making their way to the two’s ears, greeted the two.

“Oh it’s busier than I thought.” Yena spoke out loud.

“Yena, language.” Yuri reprimanded her. Yena pouted her lips and began to slap it, like how a mother would scold her child. The two laughed at the gesture. She reached out her hand to get Yena’s. The two small girls made their way through the busy hallways. Yuri made sure to drop Yena at her front door before waving good bye.

“Be downstairs by 7:00 okay? We don’t wanna be late for the morning assembly. Also, don’t forget to put minimal make up, at least.” Yuri reminded Yena.

“Yes mom. See you later.” Yena made a kissy face which earned a smack on the head from Yuri. Yuri headed back to her room.

Yena was left alone in front of her room staring at her friend’s small back until it was nowhere in sight. They were always together even if they went to different schools as kids. The two shared the same passion for performing arts and was always each other’s personal critic. When Yena found out the news that she qualified as a student in PD Performing Arts Academy, the first one who knew was Yuri. Immediately, this urged the girl to apply for the school and to no one’s surprise, Yuri passed as well. Although they’re in different departments, Yuri in the Music department and Yena in the Dance department, the two has been each other’s pillar ever since and now they’re entering Junior year together.

The girl switched her attention to the door in front of her and as she was about to reach for the handle, she was greeted with brown orbs and a shout that startled the  heck out of both of them. Yena stepped back and the other girl did the same. Still couldn’t comprehend what happened, the two had a stare down. Yena cocked her head to the left which the girl inside replicated the action. Yena raised her hand and the other girl copied her. She waved her hand and the girl followed as well. It all continued until Yena got her index finger and stuck it to her nose, got it out, and proceeded to the used finger. The other girl couldn’t do it so the two stopped. The two girls laughed at their first encounter.

“That’s was gross!” The girl exclaimed.

“Well, you didn’t stop copying me. I had to do what I had to do.” Yena raised her shoulder and shook her head.

“I’m Nakanishi Chiyori. It’s nice to meet you.” The girl was about to reach out her hand for a handshake but instead, she gave the girl hand sanitizer.

“Choi Yena. I’m a Junior in Dance, and you?” Yena asked looking at the bottle the girl was giving her. She laughed at the gesture and took the bottle and poured its contents on her hands before shaking the other girl’s hand.

“I’m a Senior from the Voice department and I’m running a little late.” The two exchanged greetings and shared a soft chuckle as the other one went outside. Yena was glad to have a cheerful roommate.

The girl settled her stuff on the corner of the room and went to the lobby to meet with Yuri. The girl was surprised to see her there earlier than the expected time.

“Yuri!” Yena shouted.

“Hey! Didn’t I tell you to fix yourself?” Yuri reprimanded and Yena’s mouth could only muster a muffled I-forgot-excuse. Yuri pulled her closer to her face and got the beagle girl to sit down. She took out a pouch from her bag and got a lipstick from inside. She took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter