Heavy Rotation

When they meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was Friday, the day of the Opening Showcase. Gyuri got up earlier than usual and started to prepare for the long day. She looked at the clock, it read 5:30 AM. To her right, she saw her roommate sleeping soundly. It was during times like these when the room was quiet and at peace. She was glad that she has a very lively roommate, but sometimes, she just gets a little too enthusiastic and loud that causes the neighbors to complain. Gyuri hoped that her roommate would soon get a little calmer, she’s being patient since its only the first week. Gyuri took her phone and made a call.

After the phone call, she stretched, a part of her morning routine that she couldn’t miss. Usually, she’d only shower for 10 minutes, but since she had time, she could spare half an hour for bathing. She’s glad that classes are cancelled today to make way for the Opening Showcase Preparations. Once she finished bathing, the girl went to the mirror and stared at herself. She noticed she’s gotten thinner again. She lets out a sigh. She thought it must have been the work they’ve been doing. She was fairly new to the whole Student Council business, but she didn’t expect it would affect her this way. Still, she believes she can handle more than what Sihyun gives her. She wiped her entire body and got dressed. A soft knock was heard from the door which woke the girl’s sleeping roommate. Gyuri answered the door and paid the delivery guy. When she finished her transaction, her eyes met with a yawning girl.

“Hnng. Gyuri-chan, why are you up early?” The young girl was still brushing the sleep off of her eyes.

“Oh, Noe-chan, I got delivery for breakfast. I’ll leave yours on your table.” Gyuri answered, slightly amused since the girl looked like she needed sleep.

“WAH! You didn’t have to but thanks!” Noe jumped out of her bed out of excitement. The two girls fall down on the floor, causing a loud crash. Gyuri put her finger in front of , asking her to keep it down. The younger girl immediately followed and went back to sit on her bed.

“Gyuri-chan, why are you up so early? We don’t have classes today.” Noe asked.

“I have council work, Noe-chan. You should catch some Zs. It’s still too early for you to be up.” Gyuri squatted to meet the girl at eye level and patted her head.

“I was planning to. Don’t over work yourself today, Gyuri-chan. I’ll see you later.” Noe answered. Noe was usually lively during mornings but she wouldn’t miss this opportunity to rest a bit longer so she was off to dreamland the moment Gyuri left the room.

Gyuri carefully closed the door, trying to keep it down seeing as the rooms were all quiet. Coincidentally, she found someone exciting her room the same time as her.

“Good Morning, Mako. I didn’t know you were an early riser.” Gyuri greeted her.

“I’m actually not.” Mako yawned. “Juri told me we’d have breakfast so I had to wake up early.” Mako added, Gyuri thought it was cute that she was trying hard not to smile but her dimples give her away.

“You guys really get along well. I’m jealous.” Gyuri pouted. Mako approached her and put an arm on her shoulder.

“Yo, I’ve only been here for more than a week but damn, you are really loved by the people here. You get along with everyone else perfectly. The talented and nicest sunbae, Jang Gyuri!” Mako faced her and flashed a grin, almost mocking but Gyuri knows Mako means well.

“Yah. Mako stop it. Anyway, how is school treating you so far?” Gyuri pinched her cheek and she let out a soft yelp.

“Hmm. Dance is harder here than I thought… Plus, the teachers are scary.” Mako recalls the memory of her getting scolded by Yoon Jung-sensei.

“You should transfer to the Music Department. Juri’s there plus the people are really chill.” Gyuri tempted her.

“Then I’d have to go back to freshmen year? No thanks.” Mako declined. “I’ve been meaning to ask, I know all of you are busy and all that, when do we work in your office?” Mako asked.

“I’ve heard from Sihyun, you guys start after this week. You all gotta enjoy the Welcome Week first.” Gyuri answered.

“Hmmm. If that’s the case, then why is Juri always with Sihyun? She doesn’t even hang out with me anymore.” Mako sulked. Gyuri found the racoon-eyed girl too cute that she let out a soft laugh.

“Hey, stop laughing at me!” Mako puffed her cheeks, causing Gyuri to pinch it. “Oww!” Mako yelped which earned her a hush from Gyuri.

“Mako, you’re too cute. Maybe Sihyun’s just showing the ropes to Juri. And Juri probably noticed that she’s not having MJ time because of it so she’s gonna make it up to you by having breakfast together!” Gyuri answered. The sulking girl beamed at the thought. She was looking forward to having her MJ time as well.

“OH.” Mako was silent for a good 3 seconds. “Well what about you? What are you doing up so early?” Mako asked.

“I’m gonna have breakfast with someone today and meet up with Sihyun for the Opening Showcase Preparations.” Gyuri raised her paper bag filled with food and gave a puppy smile.

“Wow, Miss Jang Gyuri. So, who’s the lucky soul you’d spend your morning with?” Mako squinted her eyes and started to tease Gyuri.

“It’s my sister.” Gyuri answered and immediately shut down a teasing racoon.

“Awe, and I thought it was with someone juicy. But I’m surprised, you have a sister here?” Mako asked.

“Yes. She’s a freshman and it’s only today that I have free time for her.” Gyuri answered which awed Mako. The Japanese girl thought how nice it would have been to have Gyuri as an older sister. She seemed so capable and nice.

“What an unnie you are.” Mako clapped. Gyuri knew Mako was teasing her so she laughed and told her to stop.

“I swear I’ll make my meeting with Sihyun quick just so our president ruins your MJ time.” Gyuri threatened. Immediately Mako stopped and Gyuri laughed at the girl for complying. The two have been surprisingly good friends in such a short amount of time. Mako always asked help from her neighbor and sometimes the two would hang out in her room.

The two vice presidents made their way to the elevator. Mako went inside and Gyuri motioned that she’d be going to the left wing on the floor. The puppy eyed girl made her way to her sister and Miru’s room. She wanted to surprise her sister since they haven’t gotten the chance to talk properly since she moved in. Gyuri was a little nervous, she was always rejected by her sister due to her rebellious nature, but that didn’t stop her from trying. Well, somehow, she tried less when they grew older.

When she was about to knock on the door, it opened and was greeted by a flushed Wonyoung. The two exchange curious stares as to why the both of them are in front of each other. Miru was inside the room awake, not trying to give a damn about the two siblings who are having a silent stare down by the door. From her position, she was sipping her coffee, while scrolling through her phone.

Gyuri decides to break off the silence. “Ah, Wonyoung, where are you going?” Gyuri asked.

“I wanted to go to the gym. I’m meeting some of my friends there.” Wonyoung nonchalantly answered, yet the flushed girl was trying to avoid her sister’s eyes.

“Perhaps, you want to have breakfast with me? I brought pancakes and sausages with egg.” Gyuri raised her bag filled with food. The atmosphere was a little awkward for the two siblings but Gyuri still tried to talk despite of the heavy mood.

“I didn’t have time a few days ago but now I do, so I decided to see you here.” Gyuri smiled. Wonyoung remained silent contemplating if she would accept her sister’s offer. She found it strange that Gyuri did these things once in a while. What was she trying to pull?

“Sorry, unnie. I can’t. I made plans with Yujin and Gahyeon to work out today. You should’ve informed me earlier if you wanted breakfast.” Wonyoung firmly answered her older sister. If their father found out how she’s been treating Gyuri at school, she would be in so much trouble. Luckily their father seemed oblivious about the silent war that has been going on between the two of them.

“The things inside the paper bag are all calories, Gyuri-unnie. It’s bad for the body.” Wonyoung added. She could notice that her sister’s expression was slowly turning glum. She couldn’t stand the atmosphere between the two of them so she bid goodbye.

“I have to go now. I’m running late. Enjoy breakfast.” She left and closed the door on her older sister. Gyuri was used to Wonyoung’s cold treatment yet she couldn’t help but feel sad over it. She blamed herself for a poorly planned breakfast with her and should’ve asked her if she had morning plans today. From the dormitory’s hallway, she looked at her sister’s back until it disappeared as it made a turn towards the elevator. She immediately let out a sigh.

“Hey. I think I’m craving for Pancakes and Sausages.” The door opened and she was greeted by a smiling Miru.

“Oh. You heard? I’m sorry about that.” Gyuri bowed her head.

“It was as bitter as my morning coffee.” Miru gestured the girl to enter the room, “Come inside, Gyul.”

The two sat down on the table. Gyuri takes out the food she had from the bag and Miru was busy preparing Gyuri a cup of coffee.

“If you don’t mind me asking, we’re you two always like that?” Miru asked.

“Since we’ve met.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter