Girls on fire

When they meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a few hours of resting, the girls found themselves inside the Headmistress’ conference room. Gaeun and Yui were nowhere to be seen, implying that their meeting hasn’t ended yet. They were supposed to discuss a few things with their school’s student leaders. Mako was staring at Juri who was chatting with Sihyun. Ever since they’ve arrived, the girl has noticed that she’s been easily put off by the simplest things. She remembered her and Miru’s conversation earlier by the plane.  The thought immediately brought a frown to Mako’s face, which was a rare sight to the mood maker’s face. She recalls her what Juri said on their way to the airport.

For our last job, huh. Mako thought. She sighs.

“Hey, you feeling okay?” Miru nudged her.

“I’m just a little tired from the flight that’s all.” Mako replied, not even trying to look at Miru.

“You know, if you’re gonna lie to me you gotta do better than that.” Miru pinched Mako’s side. The racoon-eyed girl let out a soft yelp causing the other girls to turn their attention to the duo. Juri eyed the two and mouthed them to behave causing the two girls to bow their heads.

“Well?” Miru whispered.

“Fine. They’ll finally tell us what we’re ought to do later and then..” Mako pauses.

“then what?”

“They will probably say thanks for your hard work and tell us that our job’s done, like our whole council stuff is over. I guess.” Mako looked down and frowned. Miru held her hand and gave it a soft squeeze.

“What makes you say that?”

“I dunno, seeing Captain J and Sihyun talk like they’ve got it all covered without telling us makes it seem like we’re not needed anymore.” Mako let go of Miru’s hand.

“Hey, let’s just talk about this later with Juri-chan. Okay? For now, you gotta show your dumb smile because you might worry the kids.” Miru gave her back a soft pat. Mako replied with a smile. Juri’s conversation with Sihyun ended and went back to where the Japanese girls were seated.

“Oi. Its not polite that the two of you are murmuring something in Japanese when we’re in a room filled with Koreans.” Juri reprimanded.

“Eh. But you’re doing it just now, Juri-chan.” Miru poked her.

“No excuses, Miru. Behave okay?” Juri said.

“Mako, are you feeling okay?” Juri asked.

“Well, I’m a bit tired from the flight and all. But it’s all good.” Mako replied trying to reassure Juri.

“Mako, tell me anything you need, okay? I’ll get it for you.” Juri smiled, held her hands and looked at Mako in the eyes. Mako felt that her heart skipped a beat at the sudden contact. Although Juri does it often, it seems that the racoon-eyed girl could never get used to it. Mako felt her nerves loosen up and somehow, she felt better already. Juri had that effect on her.

“Wow, you guys really get along with each other well.” Gyuri commented. She just came back from the bathroom with Minju.

“Gyuri-san, I was waiting for you. What took you long?” Miru whined.

“Ohhh. First day in Korea and it seems like Miru has found her first victim.” Mako remarked.

“Gyuri-san, be careful of Miru. She’s a little weird.” Juri added which made the whining girl protest a little more.

“Ah seems like you warned me a little too late…” Gyuri let out an awkward laugh causing Miru to open in disbelief.

“What was that laugh for?!” Miru whined more causing the girls to laugh.

In a distant seat, Sihyun was quietly observing her girls. She is glad that Gyuri seems to be getting along with them well. Minju seems to click well with Bibian, seeing that the taller girl is engrossed with what Bibian was saying. After a few minutes, Bibian began taking various calling cards out of her wallet, making Minju looking really impressed. Beside them were Chaewon and Misaki, who appears to be exchanging small talk. Literally small talk, since the two girls’ mouths were barely moving.

A notification from her phone stopped her from observing the girls. She called for their attention and announced something.

“It seems that their meeting has ended and they’re on their way here quickly. I’m requesting everybody to be in their best behavior. Thank you.” Sihyun announced and went back to her seat. The girls immediately followed Sihyun. A few minutes later, two powerful looking women made their way to the room and sat at the end of the table. 

“Okay, girls. Since you’ve been working non-stop, we’ll make this quick.” Gaeun introduced.

“We’ve been in talks with several companies and the administration already agreed that since this year will be a bit controversial since this will be a merge of two big schools, we will be stricter than usual to everyone. We’ve laid down the new rules and regulations for the school and we expect everyone here to help us implement it.” Gaeun said.

 Gaeun called her secretary to distribute the copy of the absolute rules to follow inside the academy together with the student hand book.

“These are the absolute rules to follow at all times during your stay here in the Academy. Kindly turn to page 7 and please take your time to read and understand it completely.” Gaeun instructed them.

 

“The PD Performing Arts Academy and AKS Arts Academy firmly positions the safety and wellbeing of each student as their top priority during their stay in the school. As the top Artist producing academy in the country, the school values the students’ potential and aims to be able to mold them into better and more disciplined professionals in the future.

Upon the agreement of PD Performing Arts Academy and AKS Arts Academy the following rules and regulations are to be strictly implemented by the administration and to be religiously observed by the students. The following highlighted texts are new.

1. Dating or pursuing romantic relationships is prohibited.

2. Phones and gadgets are allowed. However, the use of social media is prohibited. Personal student accounts shall be given through the school's official website.

3. Working or having a part time job is prohibited.

4. Everyone is expected to stay at school grounds on week days. Departing school property is authorized only if the student receives a gate pass.

5. Everyone must respect the curfew. No student is allowed to roam the school grounds past 10 PM. It is expected that all students remain inside the dormitories until 4AM.

6. To be able to perform, one’s grades must be at an average of 85% with no fail

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter