Meetings and Meetings

When they meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She took her usual route to school making sure she stops by the church first. She prayed that everything will go well and that all the people she would meet would be kind to her and her sister. While they may not have the best sibling relationship, she still cared for her deeply. She recalled the time when their family both went to the amusement park. It was just the three of them, Wonyoung and their Father. When Wonyoung asked their dad to ride the Rollercoaster he refused her, but she knew Wonyoung had a thing for exciting things so she decided to ride it together with her. She was 12 years old that time. She was so scared of heights she was practically trembling while they were queuing.

“Gyul-unnie, are you scared?” Wonyoung asked.

“No. I am not Wonyoungie.” Her voice was shaking.

“hmmm. You look like you are. Ahahaha!” She was laughing at her sister. In their four years of knowing each other, this was the first time Gyuri saw Wonyoung laugh like that. At home, Wonyoung would always pick a fight with her.

“Oh. Gyul-unnie, looks like were next. Get ready!” The both of them were assisted to their seats. Wonyoung insisted that they sit at the front. Gyuri was practically silent at this point. Their seat belts were placed and the ride was ready to go. Wonyoung noticed that her sister hasn’t said anything up to this point.

“Gyul-unnie.” She reached out her hand. “Don’t be scared, its just a ride. Thanks for joining me. Let’s enjoy this unnieeeeeeeeeee” and the ride took off. The two girls were holding hands throughout the ride. They were a mess after it. Wonyoung was laughing crazily as her older sister was desperately looking for the nearest trash bin to puke on. It was probably the few times the both of them got along and had fun.  

A soft sigh escaped her lips and there she found herself present in the company of someone familiar.

“Hey, it’s pretty early to let out sighs, Gyul.” It was her bestfriend, Eunyoung.

“Oh, what brings you here, Eunyoung?”

“Nothing. I saw you leave the station. I followed you here. Aren’t we supposed to head to school?”

“Yea, but I figured to stop by the church. You know, to pray. And Isn’t it illegal to stalk people, you of all people should know that!” Gyuri clasped her hands and showed her Gaejooki smile.

“Hey. I know you. You go here when you have problems. Come on, whats up?”

“I don’t have any particular reason to pray. I just do. Don’t worry about me. Now, if Miss Bae Eunyoung, we have a meeting to catch. You shouldn’t keep Yireon waiting.”

“It’s still early though, Gyul. Also, we can’t be late else, you’d face the President’s wrath.” She was scaring Gyuri.

“Hey! Don’t speak about Sihyun like that. She’s actually quite nice if you got to know her.”

“Well, Yireon says otherwise. That girl is strict!” The two girls were walking outside of the church only to be met by two familiar figures.

“Speak of the devil.” Gyuri whispered to Eunyoung only to be slapped by her in the arm just because they were both inside the church.

“Hey. It’s quite unusual to see the both of you here. What’s up?” Yireon asked the two. Eunyoung, although she gets to see her all the time, always gets starstruck whenever Yireon talks to her. Despite being the Vice Leader for the Dance Department, she would always fumble upon seeing the exchange student. She didn’t have any roles to play in the school but she’s been under Sihyun’s care ever since she and Wang Ke came here. Yireon proclaims that she’s Sihyun’s personal assistant. Of course, Sihyun denies to having such but she allows Yireon to help her.

“Good morning, Gyuri, Eunyoung. I figure Chaeyeon isn’t going to attend?” Sihyun always looked calm and collected. It was as if the girl never lost her composure in front of others. However, she did not like it when it seems that people aren’t doing their work. No one ever saw her get angry though but the words she speaks are as sharp as she looks.

“Ah, Chaeyeon still hasn’t come back from the province, Pres. It seems she still has a lot of family business to do there. She says she’s sorry and will make up for it once classes begin.” Eunyoung bowed her head and averted her gaze from Sihyun.

“Hmmmm. I guess. She’s been out of it lately. Quite worrying.” She placed her finger under her chin and began to ponder. “Well, we can’t do anything about it now. I figure, I’ll see you both later then.”

“Sihyun, it’s early and you’re scaring Eunyoung.” Gyuri caught Yireon send a wink to Eunyoung. She saw her friend ease up. Relieved, she looked to her left and saw Sihyun staring at her. Slowly, Sihyun started walking towards Gyuri until an inch’s space was between them. Gyuri felt her heart beat grow gradually faster each step.

“Gyuri. Your necktie is loose.” Sihyun immediately placed her hands on Gyuri’s uniform, fixing her necktie for her. Gyuri had moments time to examine her face. She was very pretty. In fact, she was too pretty that Gyuri was in awe. At the entrance church, she was convinced she saw an angel. Her admiration was cut when she heard a cough from a panicked Eunyoung.

“There. Gyuri, you should be more careful about your appearance. You’re the school’s Vice President, remember.” The butterflies she felt were replaced with embarrassment. Sure, she was aware of how sloppy she was and she didn’t give much attention to appearances but Sihyun’s words had impact. Suddenly, she felt self-conscious.

“Ah. I’m sorry, Sihyun. It won’t happen again. Well, me and Eunyoung has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter