DKDK

When they meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sihyun always arrived very early whenever she had appointments. She always made sure she does everything well. At the moment, she has the office to herself. She takes a good look at the room, pleased that it was tidy. She thought of thanking Chaewon for keeping it that way. She decided to leave a piece of candy on her table. Usually, Yireon would be here to accompany her but today was different. She had important matters to do today which was why she couldn’t have Yireon here to disturb her.

She took her cup from the pantry and started to make tea. She wonders why she feels a little different today. She feels a little off. She played classical music, danced to it a little, ate candy, and drank tea, yet nothing seems to shrug the bothersome feeling. Of course, she didn’t lack any preparations for their meeting either. She wanted to leave a good impression so she made herself a little more presentable, wore perfume, and even prepared a little gift for them. Even if Yireon said it was not necessary, she did a little background check on the Japanese students. It was a good thing that it wasn’t hard to find information online.

Just a few days ago, she watched a documentary about AKS Academy and a particular girl caught her eye. She stumbled upon a video of her playing the drums. How can someone so small and beautiful as her play the drums that well? She must admit, she doesn’t fancy percussionists but there was something about the girl that made her think otherwise. She was amazed with the aura she emitted. She saw her play with so much freedom and admired her every move. Something inside her stirred up. Sure, the girl has seen better performances but there was something so special about the drummer girl that intrigued the tall beauty. She wonders if that’s the reason why she feels a little restless today.

It was a little over 9 am when a soft knock startled the girl. Gyuri opened the door and greeted Sihyun.

“You’re early as usual, Pres. Good morning.” Gyuri placed her bag on the desk.

“Good morning, Gyuri. Did you finish your work?” Sihyun asked.

“Yup. Room assignments are finished. I’ve already emailed you the document. I also notified the landlady to get the place ready today, so we’re good.” Gyuri reported.

“Ah. Thank you, Gyuri. Hmm. Do you want some tea?” Sihyun offered. Normally, Gyuri would decline since she prefers drinking soda but she wouldn’t want to say no to her President.

“Sure thanks.” Gyuri accepted the offer. The room was silent with Sihyun preparing tea and Gyuri sitting at her desk doing nothing. It was not often that these two individuals spend time alone. For Gyuri, the atmosphere was a little awkward so she tried liven up the mood.

“Pres. Is there anything I can do?” Gyuri asked.

“Hmmmmm.” Sihyun was lost in her tea preparation that her hums followed nothing. Gyuri wondered why she wasn’t responsive. Usually, she would just answer yes or no. Sihyun was in deep thought, pondering if she should make the request. Eventually, she gave in.

“Ah. There is one thing. Can I check who my roommate is?” Sihyun asked. The both of them checked the document and Sihyun was a bit disappointed that her roommate was not her. Gyuri saw the look in her eyes, she immediately knew she didn’t like the she’s with. 

“Do you want a different room? I can do that.” Gyuri offered. Along silence followed her question. Sihyun was lost in again in her thoughts, again, thinking of a good alibi to change her roommate.

“Hmm. Can you room me with Juri. Takahashi Juri.” Sihyun softly answered, it was almost inaudible but it was barely a whisper. Gyuri thought of why would Sihyun have a weird request. She didn’t want to pry but she couldn’t help herself. The president was acting a bit weird anyways, she thought.

“Okay. I got you. But why her?” Gyuri asked.

“Hmmm. It’d be easier for me to get the Japanese Students together if I were close to their leader. Don’t you think?” Sihyun thanks herself that she did research on the students. Yireon would call it “stalking” but Sihyun denies that. Gyuri immediately got on her laptop and started to type.

 “Hmm. Alright. Well, I’ve updated the document and the land lady has been notified.” Gyuri wasn’t fully convinced with her reasoning but she stopped prying.

The two enjoy the tea when Minju and Chaewon rushed to the room.

“Looks like they’re here.” Minju raises her phone for them to see the latest news.

“Wow, fansites are quick. Why are you both drenched in sweat?” Gyuri asked.

“Well, you guys weren’t answering your phones and we had to rush because in a few minutes they’ll be here.” Chaewon replied.

“Hmm. They’re earlier than expected. Go fix yourselves up then. We can’t welcome them in that state.” Sihyun said. The two girls immediately followed their instructions. Gyuri helped the two sophomores with cleaning up. The three officers proceeded to the comfort room while Sihyun was busy on her phone, as if trying to contact someone.

“Hmm. Gyul-sunbae. What’s up with the president?” Chaewon asked. The girl was pretty observant. A lot of people believe that she’s just a relatively quiet person but underneath her angelic looks, she gets pretty judgmental, as Minju would describe her.

“She’s been out of it for the past week. I mean lately she’s always on her phone and she responds very slowly. Plus, she’s been keeping a lot of things from us.” Minju added.  Gyuri was a bit surprised at their observations.  

“I’m not really sure how to answer it. Why don’t you ask her yourself?” Gyuri suggested. The two girls shook their heads in unison, as if it were choreographed.

“No, Gyul-sunbae. She’s never going to admit it.” Chaewon said.

“She’s good at everything but we don’t know what’s going on in that mind of hers.” Minju replied.

“Yah. The both of you needs to stop talking about Sihyun like that and it’s not like it’s affecting her work either.” Gyuri scolded the both of them. The two sophomores freshened up while Gyuri waited for them to finish. Finally, Gyuri was alone with her thoughts. She realizes that she wasn’t the only one being attentive of Sihyun.

The moment the girls left, Sihyun was back to her initial state. Restless. She kept on wondering why hasn’t the headmistress call her yet. She kept on looking at her phone waiting for a message. She continued to drink her tea. She reviewed the way she acted earlier. She was quite surprised that she requested to change roommates. It felt as if she acted out of character there. However, her curiosity got the best of her, she needed answers to understand why she felt like this. She couldn’t understand why and it scared her but at the same time excited the girl.

As soon as she finished her second cup of tea, the girls arrived at the office and were now complete. Her phone rang and she answered immediately, as if she didn’t let any second go to waste. She led the girls to the Headmistress’ office and decided to wait for her there. Clutched in her hands were paper bags with the school’s insignia and inside were a notebook and a pen with their initials engraved on it. Gyuri thought to herself how Sihyun was so prepared for this day.

“Miss Gaeun told me to meet them here.” Sihyun told them.

“Pres. Are you okay?” Gyuri asked.

“I am fine. What makes you think I’m not?” She asked back.

“I just feel you’re a little restless today.” Gyuri answered.

“Thank you for your concern but I’m perfectly fine, Gyuri.” A small smile formed her lips as if she was trying to reassure the girl she was.

“Sihyun-sunbae, Minju and I got them the school handbook and their uniforms will be delivered today.” Chaewon reported.

 “I’m quite surprised, they’re getting everything for free.” Minju commented.

“It’s because they’re scholars. Everything is supposed to be free.” Chaewon answered.

“I know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter