Preparations

When they meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone was astounded to see her in the room. They were all aware that the school was going to have a new Head Master, but it was never really announced who would replace the late head master. Much to their surprise, it was someone familiar to them.

Lee Gaeun is a well-known alumna of the University. A lot of students idolized her and even until 5 years after her graduation, her name still resonates throughout the academy. Soon after she graduated, she was given offers to perform abroad. She was successful but for personal reasons, she opted to go back in her home country. Now, through the personal request of the school owner, she now works as the school’s Headmistress.

Unlike the rest of the girls in the room, Gyuri’s focus was placed on Sihyun. It seems that the girl knew about the new head master judging from their greetings. She put a mental note that she would confront Sihyun about this later. Sihyun stood up from her seat, signaling Minju and Gyuri to take theirs. She went to the front of the room and joined Gaeun.

“I know everyone is shocked right now but the administration figured today would be a perfect time to introduce our new Head Master, or should I say Head Mistress. Lee Gaeun.” Sihyun introduced Gaeun and it was immediately followed by a round of applause.

“Thank you, Sihyun. Hello, everyone. I know it is shocking to see a young person like me assume the role of Head Mistress, but I hope I am able to meet everyone’s expectations. I will work hard and I hope that we can get along this school year.” Gaeun bowed and smiled at the girls. This gesture immediately loosened up the atmosphere as they were seen smiling with her.

“Now, shall we continue with the meeting? I’ll only be here to observe and entertain your queries.” Gaeun asked. She immediately took the seat at the other end of the room besides Sihyun’s. Sihyun gestured Minju to continue her presentation and asked her to go to the podium once again to present the budget allocations. Sihyun joined Minju and assisted her with her presentation.

The reserved and quiet girl was more nervous than before having to present to the Student Representatives and the headmistress herself. She clumsily went to the podium, almost bumping into Sihyun which earned her a soft sigh from her president. Seeing that this happened, Gyuri sent a small “Hwaiting!” cheer for Minju.

“So, uhm, our activity funds have increased to 200% to use until the end of the year. All of which will be divided evenly by the 3 departments and the student council.” Minju cleared .

“However, before the school gives your department funds, you must first submit financial reports and expense reports from last year. Only the dance department has yet to comply from these protocols.” Minju gave Eunyoung an apologetic look.

“Until when can we submit the reports?” Eunyoung shyly asked.

“As soon as possible, but I hope I’ll be able to check it this week. So that we can process your fund accounts before the Welcoming Showcase.” Minju answered.

“Also, the Music department leader, Yuri, I have matters to talk to you about. Just a few clarifications with your expense reports. Also, Eunyoung-sunbae too, please.” Minju added. She knew that the matter was too sensitive to talk about with the whole group so she requested a private meeting with Yuri.  The two of them nod in unison.

“You may start submitting budget proposals starting next week only if you’ve complied. Alright? That is all.” Minju excused herself and Sihyun took the podium.

“Well we all know that the Japanese exchange students will be arriving here after a week. So, as part of the welcoming committee, we have to prepare a performance for them and as well as a welcoming party after the opening showcase.” The girls’ ears perked up from the sound of the word party. Haeyoon raised her hand and asked Sihyun.

“For our group performance, what will we do? There’s barely enough time? Roughly 2 weeks?” Haeyoon asked.

“The performance is simple. It’s just a group dance. We’ll use a Japanese song.” Sihyun answered.

“Yup. Even I can follow the steps.” Gyuri interjected causing the room to laugh.

“Well, since we’re all busy preparing for our own department’s performance, we’d already prerecorded the choreography. Chaewon will send you the video and she’ll be the one to schedule our practice. By then please study the dance.” Sihyun instructed.

“I’ll be emailing everyone for updates of our practice schedules and if there’s any question, you can direct it to me.” Chaewon informed them. She was a relatively quiet person, yet had the presence of an angel. Every time she would be given a chance to speak she would always make the person she’s talking to smile. That’s how sweet Chaewon is. Minju and her, are both very popular with their sunbaes, despite their quiet quiet.

“I’m excited to perform with everyone, it has been a while hasn’t it?” Gyuri smiled at everyone.

“It seems like everyone’s okay with the perf, Pres.” Gyuri turned to Sihyun.

“So, for the party on the other hand, we’d give the departments their own booths at the gym. You can use it for anything, just to make the party even livelier.”

“Uhm, for everyone, please tell me if you’re gonna need funds, we still have a lot from last year and we’re given a chance to deplete them. Of course, expense reports are expected afterwards.” Minju added, always made sure that the financial matters are settled.

“Oh, since it’s a party can we bring drinks?” Eunyoung asked, forgetting that Gaeun was still in the room. Everyone was shocked at the girl’s question, and Yuri slapped Eunyoung’s leg out of impulse.

“Ahm –“ Sihyun’s answer was cut with a laugh. It was Gaeun.

“I see that the Dance Department still has a wild nature.” She said.

“Well, since it’s an opening showcase for freshmen, and most of them are still minors, heck even you guys are barely 18, so no, alcoholic drinks are prohibited probably when you’re all a bit older you can have as much as you want.” Gaeun said. The girls were even more shocked at how laid back the new head mistress was.  Gaeun looked at her phone and realized what time it was.

“Oh, well, if you girls would excuse me, I have another meeting to catch. I am expecting a fun showcase from everyone. It was nice to meet you all.” The girls bid their good bye to the young headmistress. It was followed by a buzz of murmurs from the girls.

“I believe we’ve already finished our agenda for today, are there any questions?” Sihyun asked.

 “If there’s none then I guess meeting adjourned.” Sihyun concluded their meeting and the voice department leader and vice leader was about to depart when Gyuri asked everyone to wait for a bit. Gyuri handed out slices of cake for them to enjoy and gave each one tea.

“Well, we’ve been out so early this is least we can do so please enjoy the snack.” Everyone remained at the room and happy that they had free food. A loud bang came from t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter