Morning News

When they meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a peaceful morning a week before school officially starts. Yena was just munching on her breakfast when she saw the news. She immediately called her good friend Yuri about it.

“Hey! What’s this news I’ve been hearing about? Why are there Japanese Students transferring to our school?”

“Wow, where were you last night? How come you don’t know about it?” Yuri asked.

“I was at work last night and I went home pretty late. Come on, tell me the details?”

“You didn’t really read the entire article huh. Even if I sent it to you on our group chat?” Yena could imagine Yuri rolling her eyes over the phone.

“Yes please juseyooo?” Yena begged using her aegyo. Yuri’s fingers were crawling.

“Fine. It seems like the students from AKS Academy will be studying here for a year under full scholarship with free lodging because their school is a total wreck right now because of the Typhoon. Since its our sister school, our academy is helping them accommodate their students until their campus can operate again.” Yuri explained.

“WHAT? FULL SCHOLARSHIP? Man, I wish I was Japanese. I wouldn’t have to work my off just to go to this school. I do feel bad though, their school was ruined.” Yena whined. She was a bit envious that these girls got the privilege of going to their school for free. Yena wasn’t born in a well-off family so she had to balance work and studies.

“Hey. Cheer up. There are lots of opportunities out there to help you get to school. Also, look at the bright side, we’ll get to meet new people! New friends! New Japanese friends!” Yuri tried to cheer her up.

“Yea. I guess that’s something to look forward to. By the way, so they will stay here at the school dorms? Was that the reason why we had to switch rooms so suddenly?” Yena asked.

“I think so. I thought it was weird since everything was short notice but now I guess that makes sense.” Yuri replied.

“Wah, do you think we’d get roomed with them? Japanese people often like to walk I heard.” Yena sounded excited at the thought.

“I hope not. That’s scary. What if you turned out to be like them?” Yuri sounded horrified at the thought of Yena roaming around . Although she hoped she’d still be room mates with her.

“Hey, weren’t you looking forward to meeting and being friends with them, why all of the sudden are you horrified?” Yena chuckled. The tables have turned and she knew Yuri was shying away from the thought. Yuri was quite introverted after all.

“Alrighty, Yuri. I have to go now. It’s my last week at work and I haven’t enrolled myself yet.” Yena said.

“Yena. You should really stop working. The school doesn’t allow part-time jobs you know. It’ll be really bad if they found out.” Yuri was worried about Yena. They’ve been best friends since they were kids. She knew she didn’t have a choice, their family was struggling and this was the least Yena could do to help her family get by.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ve been working since I’ve been admitted and not once was I caught! Sorry Yuri. Gotta go. I’ll be late. My morning shifts will end once school starts!” Yena hung up.

Yuri let out a long sigh. She always wanted to help her best friend financially but Yena always refused so she helps Yena in the simplest ways she can.

Drop by my house later for dinner after work. We’ll be having your favorite. She texted. She loved sharing what was hers and giving Yena whatever she could give as long as it would help her. Yena at first refused her kind gestures but that didn’t stop Yuri from giving her half of her world. Eventual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter