Untitled, 2014

We Broke Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as the door slammed after Seungyoon left, Seunghoon went out of his room.

“What happened? I heard shouting?” He looked alert even though he was obviously sleeping minutes ago.

“He left.” Was all Mino managed to say. His heart was hammering from his chest and he had a strong urge to shout or kick something.

“Who?” His eyes travelled to the open door of Yoon’s bedroom then widened in disbelief. “Seungyoon left? Where on earth would he go at this hour? Why’d you let him leave?” Mino understands how confusing this must be for him and he honestly doesn’t know how to explain everything. He walks to the couch and sits with his face on his hands. Sensing that something is terribly wrong, Seunghoon immediately sat beside him with a hand at Mino’s back.

“I tried to stop him, I wanted him to stay so bad but I said some bad things and I...” Mino only realized that he started crying when his voice cracked. Seunghoon’s hand kept rubbing his back.

“Shh. Whatever it is that you said, I’m sure Yoon knows you didn’t mean it.”

“You should’ve seen the look he gave me. I went too far. I don’t even know why I said those things.”

Seunghoon was quiet for a long time, calculating the situation and trying to understand the snippets of what happened that Mino is giving him. He has been noticing the unusual closeness of Mino and Seungyoon for the past year but he never commented on it, he was never the prying type.

“I think.. you couldn’t say what you really wanted to say which is why you ended up saying those words instead.”

Seunghoon tried to peer at Mino's reaction. It was his first time talking to him about it. If Mino was surprised that Seunghoon had an inkling of what Mino was truly feeling, he didn’t show it. At that moment, he seemed to just be glad to be opening up to someone because he looked like he was close to imploding.

“I can never say it hyung. I know that if I do, we can never go back to what we are. Just now, we had our biggest fight ever because of my stupid feelings.”

It was all the confirmation that Seunghoon needed. It’s a more messed-up situation than what he originally thought it was since the feelings are apparently one-sided. “Won’t you regret not ever saying it?”

Mino sighed. “The only regret I’d have is if I ruin our friendship. I would never risk our team for this.” 

Seungyoon took a cab to the company. His hands were shaking the whole ride and he’s not sure if it’s because of his fever or because of his fight with Mino. Never in their whole relationship did they fight like that and it left Seungyoon feeling like he should go back and make things right between them despite the harsh words Mino had said. He told himself he’ll talk to Mino as soon as he’s sure Dara is okay. He practically ran as fast as a sick person can towards the elevator as soon as he got out of the cab. He sent a text saying he was on his way but he didn’t get a reply. As he walked nearer, he can hear the faint 2NE1 music coming out of the practice room. He was about to push the door open when the door opened on its own.

Mino was right, I really am here to make a fool out of myself. Seungyoon thinks as Jiyong pulls the door, a look of faint surprise in his face. Jiyong looked like he was about to say something but decided otherwise so he just nodded at Seungyoon and walked away.

Seungyoon slowly walked inside and kneeled in front of Dara who was still sitting on the floor. He instantly felt bad for feeling jealous of Jiyong being there when he saw her face. She wasn’t crying anymore but Seungyoon can tell that she did for hours from her swollen eyes.

“I’m sorry, I’m late.” 

Dara lifted her eyes from the floor to look at him. She knew he must’ve seen Jiyong on his way out. He doesn’t say anything about it and for some reason, it just makes her feel guiltier that she seeked comfort from Jiyong even though she has to admit that talking to him helped her accept what happened. He looks at Seungyoon’s eyes and sees nothing but concern. It’s a bit strange having Seungyoon in their practice room with early 2NE1 songs playing in the background. She hasn’t been in this practice room since their hiatus so for the past few hours, she let herself pretend like she was back in time when 2NE1 was intact, that Jiyong was just there to watch them practice like he usually does. Seungyoon’s presence there seemed to have pulled her into the present, reminding her that it's time to move on. She seriously wonders for the first time if a future with him is indeed possible. She tries to smile at him and takes his hand.

“You’re here now.”

It was past 3am when Seungyoon got back to their apartment. Dara insisted that he went home immediately when she found out that he’s sick. Even though he wanted to stay, he can feel his fever getting worse and if he wants to be there for her for the next couple of days, he has to get better. He was about to walk to his room when he noticed Mino sitting in the dark living room. Was he waiting there for him all this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter