Really Really

We Broke Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please, just once more
If I could see you again
I don’t care if I lose my everything
I wish I could meet you in my dreams
And love you again
Just like this

It might be easier to die
Than to receive your forgiveness
I’m singing this song
But I don’t know if my true feelings will reach you

I hope you’ll be happy
I couldn’t even say those common lies
I’m only praying that you’ll come back, I’m sorry

At this point, Dara was shaking uncontrollably. The dam broke from all the days that she stopped herself from crying. Seungyoon sat beside her and placed his arm around her shoulder murmurring soothing words. It's going to be ok.

Now it’s over, it’s the last time
I can’t believe it
I can’t let go
Cause you never know
Someone like you for me, someone like me for you
There won’t ever be a love like that again
Nobody knows
We always know

After this time passes
And I only I can forget everything
Those memories, those happy memories
Or in the next life
I hope I can meet you and love you again
Just like before

The song ended and the only thing that can be heard in the studio is Dara's sobbing. Now that she started, she couldn't stop. Seungyoon comforting her just makes her cry even more. He should hate her that Jiyong's voice can still wreck her like this.

Seungyoon doesn't have to ask her anymore. She has been wearing a mask since the disbandment, maybe even before when they had that first dinner. But right now, her walls are finally down and Seungyoon can finally see where he truly stands with her. It hurts really bad but at the same time, there is relief in finally getting an answer after months of guessing.  

"I'm... I'm so sorry." Dara whispers in between sobs.

Seungyoon doesn't know how long he hugged her until she calmed down.

Break-ups , Seungyoon thinks while lying in his bed. It has been weeks since they called it off but there are still days when it hits him that they're no longer together. During those days, he just feels lethargic so he stays in bed most of the day. It wasn't a bad break-up. They both knew that they started off wrong. Both of them were at the lowest points of their lives and they avoided talking about all their issues. Dara was not fully healed from her past relationship, her group got disbanded. Seungyoon is carrying the weight of Winner's responsibilities on his shoulders. Cliche as it may sound but they both needed to get better first on their own before they enter a relationship.

He scrolls through his phone and looks at the gallery. He has deleted all the photos they have together for days like this when he knows he's just going to look at them and he'll feel more sorry for himself. Annoyed that he deleted everything, he remembers that he didn't delete their messages. With his heart beating faster, he scrolled through his inbox and looked for her name. Thousands of messages appeared and surprisingly, he found himself smiling to himself at their exchanges.

 

Seungyoon: Where are you? Home?

Dara: Of course! Why? ^^

Seungyoon: If you're not busy come out.

Seungyoon: I'm in front of your house.

Dara: Whaaaaat!!! It's 2 in the morning!

Dara: But waittt I'll be right there :3

 

Dara: Let’s choose our pet names

Seungyoon: Honey or baby or darling?

Dara: Baby :3

Seungyoon: Ok! Why Baby though? 

Dara: Because you are literally a cute big baby. Aigooo does this baby want his yakult?

Seungyoon: I'm not cute >:(

 

Seungyoon: hey :)

Dara: Hi ^^

Seungyoon: Did you know that...

Dara: What is it this time -_-

Seungyoon: If my feelings for you were money...

Dara: .....

Seungyoon:  I'd be a billonaire

Dara: I had goosebumps from the cheesiness

Seungyoon: you still like me though 

Dara: yeah, I like you :)

 

Reading these exchanges now reminded him that they had a lot of happy moments. Their relationhip was mostly heart-fluttering and giddy, it's just that they both weren't ready yet. He sighed and thought about how things could've been if they got together when they were at better places in their lives. He realized that he wanted to immortalize this feeling so he started typing lyrics on his phone. The words just effortlessly flowed out of him.

He was able to finish the song in just 4 hours.

 

They're on their way back to the company from winning their 4th music show trophy. The song Seungyoon composed led to Winner's most successful comeback. He remembered crying with s when they first found out that they were topping the charts and they're so happy to be back performing in front of their fans. Their recent success only fuels Seungyoon to work harder which is why he went straight to his studio as soon as they got back.

He was about to turn his laptop on when his phone buzzed with a message from Mino.

Mino: Hey Yoon, can you come down in the practice room for a bit?

Yoon: Right now? Why..?

Mino: There's something I need to show you and it's really important and urgent so can you please PLEASE PLEASE JUST COME DOWN

Yoon: if this is a prank Song Mino I swear to god...

Mino: COME DOWN NOW

Yoon: Alright, alright. I'll be right there.

Seungyoon can never really say no to Mino so even though he's 99% sure that it's a prank, he goes down in the practice room anyway. It seems deserted when he peeked in through the glass doors and he is almost sure that Mino is up to no good.

"Song Mino, if you don't come out this instant-" He said while opening the door until he noticed someone sitting at one of the benches by the wall. Not just someone, it's Dara.

"Oh hi..." Seungyoon doesn't really know if he should go back to calling her Noona but it's also weird to call her by her name when they haven't talked for months.

Dara smiled at him. "Hi."

Seungyoon's eyes were wide with confusion on why Dara is at their practice room. He walked to sit beside her waiting for her to say anything but she didn't really give any explanation.

"The blonde really suits you." Dara said while looking at his hair.

Seungyoon blushed at the sudden compliment. "Thanks. The bleaching process was terrible. It felt like the stylist was burning my scalp."

"Tell me about it. Have you forgotten all the hairstyles I tried for 2NE1?" Dara laughed.

At the mention of 2NE1, Seungyoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter