Today

We Broke Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Another day passes

Resting in shoulders

I was a girl with many dreams

But now I can't think of anything.""

- Today, We Broke Up OST

 

After the shoot, Seungyoon asked to be dropped off at the exact address which Dara provided. It has a private basement parking. The guard allowed them entry only because Dara has given his name. When he got out of the van, he saw the elevator. He was supposed to go the 8th floor.

“Seungyoon, you sure Dara is going to meet you here?” His manager asked, looking around warily at the basement.

“Yup. She also asked me 10x to keep this place secret. So, you have to give your word hyung.”

“Alright, alright. If it were another person I would’ve objected but since it’s Dara I can’t really say no to her.” The manager looked defeated. “Did she really say she was going to drop you home?”

“Yes, she feels like we’d loosen up more if we can spend time without chaperones haha” Seungyoon walked towards the elevator and pressed 8. The place looked deserted but he still wore a face mask just to be sure. He’s not sure why he’s acting like he’s hiding something when he’s just going to dinner with a colleague. When the elevator opened, there was a girl in a reception area.

“Good evening, Seungyoon-ssi. Booth number 4 please.” He wasn’t sure how she recognized him with his cap and facemask but followed her to booth number 4 nonetheless.

She opened the sliding door and Dara was once again, already inside with a table full of food.

“You made it! Hope you don’t mind that I already ordered. I’m starving.” Dara gestured for him to sit beside her. The table only had bench seats on one side. They were facing a glass window with the sliding door behind them.

“Noona… what is this place? How did you find this?” Seungyoon asked while looking around, amazement in his face.

“Pretty cool right? This is a members only restaurant and is built for celebrities who want privacy.” Dara was already eating and gestured him to do the same.

Seungyoon noticed that she didn’t answer his second question but he let it go and started to eat. “I thought you’d be with your manager.”

“Nope, I drive myself these days. It clears my mind. Besides, it would be weird to break the ice with someone else in the room. How else would we talk about our deepest, darkest, secrets?” Dara laughed and Seungyoon laughed along although she wasn’t sure which parts were she joking about.

They started eating and drinking just talking about themselves. They talked about their trainee days, how they were both from the same hometown, Busan.  Seungyoon talked about how he ended up in YG after SuperstarK and realized he didn’t know how Dara got in YG so he asked her.

“I auditioned. But YG thought I wasn’t YG material and offered me a career in acting instead. I was about to give up singing, or give up YG because I knew I wasn’t cool enough for it but someone told me not to give up and try again.” Dara suddenly looked sad, and Yoon wondered why the memory of her getting in YG would make her sad. He probably had too many beers because he normally wouldn’t ask something that seems so personal but he did. “Who..?”

Dara looked at him in the eyes and quietly said “Jiyong. He’s the real reason why I got in YG.” She drank a full glass of beer. As if she needed the alcohol to drown the name she just mentioned.

Seungyoon knew the rumors. He’s not totally out of the loop. It has been an old big rumor in YG that Dara and Jiyong had dated in the past but he didn’t know if it was actually true or not because Bigbang and 2ne1 are really close. Even CL had a dating rumor with GD. They seemed really close during the times he had seen them together but they were always together with a group so it’s really hard to assume anything. He wondered if Dara was subtly telling him a big secret about herself right now.

“Is there any problem with Jiyong-hyung? It’s just that, you looked really sad when you mentioned him.”

“We’re not exactly at the best terms right now.” She takes another big swig of beer.

“Noona, you don’t have to tell me these things if it’s hard for you to. I understand. We can talk about something else.” Seungyoon is close to panicking because Dara is drinking a lot.

“Well the truth is, I find that it’s very easy to talk to you. But I understand if you feel uncomfortable-”

“I’m willing to listen if it can help unburden what you’re feeling.”

Dara took a big sigh, she’s obviously tipsy and her words are a bit slurring. Seungyoon himself can feel the effects of the alcohol but his mind is still clear.

“Jiyong.. he.. wants to get back together.”

Seungyoon isn’t sure if he is shocked that she confirmed that they were together or that she assumed he already knew that they dated.

“Noona, the truth is, I didn’t even know you were together. I mean, I heard the rumors but..”

“We’ve been together since we debuted.”

Seungyoon is still lost for words so he just drank more beer. After a long while he asked, “So isn’t it a good thing that he’s trying to win you back?”

“The reason we broke up is because it’s hard to deal with a secret relationship. We ended things together but honestly, I thought we were just taking a break. But he got involved with someone else as soon as he was single.” Dara drank more beer and her face is really red now. She also looked like she’s about to cry.

 

Seungyoon knew about that. It was al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter