Day by Day

We Broke Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Don’t look back and leave
Don’t find me again and just live on
Because I have no regrets from loving you, so only take the good memories
I can bear it in some way
I can stand it in some way
You should be happy if you are like this
Day by day it fades away

- Haru Haru

 

"I'm so nervous, I haven't been on stage for the longest time." Dara said after peeking from the backstage. A lot of people came to the victory concert and she can see a lot of 2ne1 and Winner lightsticks in the crowd.

"That's just excitement you're feeling. You'll be at ease once you stand on the stage." Seungyoon assured her. He never really gets nervous on stage but he's somehow jittery knowing he'll be singing with Dara. Should they do fan service? Will they notice that there's something going on between them? 

Their first song was their duet. True enough, Dara was able to loosen up once she saw how the crowd recieved the both of them. She even did adlibs and tried to play with Seungyoon on stage. Seungyoon went along with her even though he somehow can't look her in the eye. He realizes now that he's somewhat shy performing with the girl he likes in front of his fans even though they didn't know. Nevertheless, he enjoyed the stage and was glad to see Dara having fun.

During their break Seungyoon saw s on the backstage.

"The man of the hour!" Seunghoon clapped his back.

"Congrats Yoon, it's a full house out there." Jinwoo handed him flowers.

"Thanks hyung, I'm glad you guys made it. I'm not used to performing without you." Seungyoon pouted and instantly turned to maknae mode in front of his hyungs.

"Of course, we came. Even though no one bothered to go to any of my SMTM performances." Mino crosses his arms and shakes his head.

"Yah, you said you didn't want us there!" Yoon playfully elbowed him while Hoon and Jinwoo both remind Mino that he clearly said he didn't want the members to see "that side of him".

Dara was watching them from the other side of the room with a smile on her face. She misses her members and even though they all sent her text messages and she understands why they couldn't be there, she still felt a pang of jealousy. Just then, her manager arrives carrying a big bouquet of flowers.

"Wow, who sent this?" She asked before her manager gave her a knowing look and then left.

She read the note and instantly knew who it was from. She can recognize his handwriting from anywhere. 

I've always known you'd do great even on your own. Congratulations.

Dara felt a tightening in her chest. She remembered how Jiyong really was the first to believe in her. His faith in her is the only reason that she even got a shot to be a star in Korea. He never gave up on her even if everyone else doubted her abilities. 

"Hey, what are you doing here all alone?" She didn't notice Seungyoon was in front of her.

She hastily pocketed the note. "Nothing, just trying to save my voice. Oh, Winner is here! I should go say hi." She smiled at Seungyoon then went to where the rest of his team is.

Seungyoon sees the bouquet of flowers and without even having to look at the note, he knows who it was from.

They were at the after-party and a lot of people were having fun and getting drunk. Dara opted not to drink again and was refilling her coke at the drinks section when she felt someone stand unnecessarily close to her. 

"Jiyong, what are you doing here?" She asked as she leads him to the balcony since it was too noisy inside.

"They invited the whole YG family."

"Yeah, I just didn't think you'd come." Dara sips from her glass. It seemed like Jiyong went there on his own with no other Bigbang members in sight. He was also dressed down. Probably so he won't steal too much attention. "Thanks for the flowers by the way."

"You did great earlier."

"You were there?"

"I watched from the tech booth." Jiyong was leaning on the railing and he had a weird expression on his face. Like he was proud of her but was also sad. "I don't think I've ever heard you sing that way. It almost felt like you were singing the songs just to me. I wish it wasn't a break up song though." He laughed bitterly.

"Seungyoon wrote those songs, not me." Dara said as she watched Winner goof around inside through the window. The hyungs were making fun of Seungyoon again making her smile despite herself.

Jiyong saw her smile from the corner of his eye and turned around to watch Winner as well. "He has a lot of potential, that kid."

"I'm not sure why the chairman is keeping him in the dungeon, he deserves so much more. He works so hard." 

Jiyong looks at her. "You really do care about him."

Dara averted his gaze from Seungyoon and turns around to face the cityview from the balcony. "Don't you agree that they're a good group though? But then again. 2ne1 did great and he's still disbanding us." 

Jiyong sighed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter