The Two of Us

We Broke Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Since you're next to me

Since you came by my side

Nothing scares me"

- The Two of Us, We Broke Up OST

 

This year has been a hard year for Seungyoon because after the overwhelming success of their debut album, he seemed to have hit a wall. He just could not write any new music. None which has passed his standards anyway. Their boss is currently disappointed in what he has shown so far and advised the whole team to go on a hiatus to focus on individual activities first. Seungyoon knew that it’s normal for groups to go on hiatuses and do solo activities but he felt that it was too soon for them. As much as he wants a solo album, he would’ve liked to make sure that Winner’s status in the industry is stable first before even thinking about his own career. As the leader, he’s also very worried about s during this hiatus. Mino is in talks of joining the next season of Show Me The Money but the hyungs Jinwoo and Seunghoon would be left in the dorm doing god knows what. Seungyoon's calendar on the other hand is full. The company has been taking good care of him ever since he picked them out of all the offers he got after SuperstarK. That is why he is currently in the car going to the script reading of his first lead role on a web drama along side none other than his sunbae and YG’s legendary visual, Sandara Park.

 

Seungyoon has worked with Dara before when they appeared as cameos in The Producers but this is the first time that they are the lead stars. Seungyoon was really surprised when he was told this because he never thought of himself to be at her level. She used to judge them on the survival program WIN (where she voted for Team B). He’s also a bit worried if they can work well as a couple because Dara might think of him as a kid because although they might look good together, they actually have a 10-year . Seungyoon cast these worried aside and went inside the building where they will be having their script reading. He was surprised to see Dara already there.

 

“Oh, hi noona. You’re early.” Seungyoon greeted her.

“Hi Seungyoonie. Yeah my manager got the time wrong so we’re here 30 minutes early”. Sandara replied with a smile.

“I see..” Seungyoon noticed that the chairs have their names on it so he sits on the chair beside Dara where his name is. It was a bit weird sitting together in an almost empty room and he suddenly feels awkward.

 

Dara breaks the silence with the usual question people throw at him these days. “How is Winner’s comeback coming along?”

“Chairman wants us to focus on individual activities this year so…” Seungyoon said trailing off since he doesn’t really know what else to say.

”Ahh..we all know a group is in trouble when Chairman says the members are doing individual activities. It’s almost a code to ‘I’m trying to see whose solo careers would survive if I disband this group’.” Dara said while looking dazed staring at a distance.

Seungyoon looked at her, surprised at what she just said. Had another person said it, he would’ve thought that that person was being rude. But he only realized now that 2ne1 is in the same predicament as Winner now. They have been on a hiatus since last year and what’s worse is that one of their members got involved in a scandal. Dara was known to the public to be a very bubbly person but at that moment, her seriousness took Seungyoon off guard.

“I guess we know now why we are paired for this drama.” Seungyoon laughed, trying to lighten the mood. To his relief, Dara actually laughed with him.

“That’s right, when I first found out we were paired together as a couple, I thought about how random it was that both of us were chosen. I even told them you might complain that you were paired off with an ajhumma.” Dara was her usual self now, laughing like she wasn’t talking about disbandment a few minutes ago.

“Not at all! If anything I think you look younger as years pass by. I remember when I promoted with you during my solo debut. You actually look the same.” Seungyoon said honestly.

“Seungyoon-ah, I think we’ll get a long very well for this drama

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter