Good To You

We Broke Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cause I’m so good to you yeah
You love her but her kiss is a lie
Cause I’m so good to you yeah
you kiss her but your love is a lie

- Good To You

 

Mino had a rough week. He doesn't let it show but the competition is taking its toll on him. He's having a hard time keeping appearances so whenever he doesn't have a schedule, he locks himself in his room with Johnny. He hasn't seen Seungyoon lately and that's a good thing he thinks. He knows his charade won't work on Seungyoon. For some reason, he feels that if Seungyoon would know how much he is suffering these days, he'd console him and Mino would break down and his wall would shatter. It's a weakness that he can't afford especially now that he's in the middle of the competition.

It was past 3am and Mino was just drawing and listening to music in his room when he heard the front door open. He knows it's Seungyoon because he's the only one aside from him who goes home this late. What he didn't expect was for Seungyoon to go straight to his room instead of his own.

"What's up?" Mino didnt bother looking up from his drawing. He was hoping Seungyoon would just say hi and leave. He's not really in the mood to act happy when he starts telling him all about what he and Dara does these days.

Seungyoon doesn't answer. Instead, Mino hears him flop himself to Mino's bed. He finally turns around and sees seungyoon in his bed staring at the ceiling in his room and he knew then that something was wrong.

He went to his bed and laid down beside him. He smells alcohol on him which proves that something is really wrong. He doesn't normally drink on a whim. 

"What's wrong?"

Seungyoon turns his head to the side to look at him. "Can't I hang out here just for a few minutes? We haven't seen each other in ages." 

Seungyoon's cheeks are red because of the alcohol, amplifying the redness of his lips. It's ridiculous how he finds drunk Seungyoon pretty. He can't remember the last time he got to properly look at Suengyoon this close.

Mino looks away and decided to just stare at the ceiling. "Well we've both been busy."

"Mino?" Seungyoon turned his entire body to face Mino, his hands used as a pillow for his face.

"What?"

"I heard about what happened. The lyrics. The backlash."  

Mino was surprised. He didn't expect Seungyoon to still be monitoring what goes on in the competition with everything on his plate. But he guesses it's just him doing his duty as their leader. Nevertheless, Mino found himself slowly confiding in Seungyoon.

"When I realized I made a mistake, I almost wanted to quit. I haven't had that much bad comments thrown at me since... ever."

"You apologized for it. You did the right thing, people make mistakes."

"This competition is harder than what I expected but I really want to prove to everyone that I can win." 

"When this competition ends, win or lose, everybody will see how great Song Mino is... I'm sure of it" 

Mino's heart swelled at what Seungyoon said. He turned his head to Seungyoon, and saw that his eyes were closed. He went there, reeking of alcohol, and obviously troubled but still managed to make Mino feel better.  

Mino turns his whole body so they are now facingg each other on the bed. "Seungyoon-ah, what really happened tonight?"

"Mino...is..the best rapper... comeback...soon.." Mino smiled at Seungyoon who is blabbering nonsense because he is falling asleep. He never really had any tolerance for alcohol. A few seconds later, his breathing deepened and he is sleeping soundly with his bangs slightly covering his eyes, and his lips slightly parted. He looked like a little kid sleeping like this. Mino didn't bother waking him up because he sleeps like the dead especially when he had alcohol.

Mino feels like he can live like this, just being with Seungyoon as a friend, a teammate. He'll take whatever position Seungyoon needs him to be if it means he can be this close to him. He looked at his sleeping face until his own thoughts dragged him to sleep.

 

 

Seungyoon and the other members are in the company to present new songs to their boss with the hopes of finally being granted a comeback. To be honest, Seungyoon isn't too confident with the songs that they currently have. He gets a certain feeling whenever he writes a new song, he almost always knows when it will be a hit or not and he feels none of it with what they currently have.

True enough, none of the songs passed.

Seungyoon-ah, maybe you should just stop writing songs. Just sing. The words of their boss kept replaying in Seungyoon's mind as they leave the office. Seungyoon is quiet the whole elevator ride going down and the members are exchanging worried glances with each other. Mino puts an arm around his shoulder, quietly telling him it's alright. There are no words to be said that they haven't told each other since the first, second, or third time that their songs got rejected. Seungyoon will apologize and the others will tel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter