Different

We Broke Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No matter how much you say you understand me
I see you holding back your tears and smiling
I know
I can’t do anything about my heart
I know this is how you and I will be forever
I just want to be next to you
I’m selfish

-Different

They are nearing the end of filming and Seungyoon has finished composing the songs for the OST. The only thing that's left is recording their duet and Dara's solo song. He texted Dara if she wanted to meet him at his studio so he can walk her through the songs and she said she'd drop by. 

Seungyoon looked around his small studio. There are empty bottles and crumpled paper everywhere from his last all nighter. He realized that he's never had a girl in his studio before and panickly tried his best to tidy up. He was spraying air freshener around when he heard a knock.

He almost tripped while getting the door.

"Hi! Sorry, I'm a bit late. I came from the gym." Dara was wearing a shirt 3x her size, denim shorts, sneakers,a cap and for the nth time, Seungyoon questions how can this tiny girl be 10 years older than him. 

 Seungyoon led her inside. "It's fine, I usually start working really late so this is still early." It was 11pm.

They sat down on the sofa. Shoulders and legs touching each other even though the sofa can accomodate 4 guys. This has been how their relationship has been for the past weeks. The skinship just came naturally. Although they have never kissed off cam, they sometimes find themselves briefly holding hands, always sitting together everywhere, talking to each other before going to bed. They never talked about whatever this was.

Seungyoon gave the lyric sheet to Dara. She noticed how impressive it was that he suddenly turned into Winner leader mode.

"The title of your solo song is Today. It's about how Woori lost herself after the breakup. She was so used to being Wonyoung's Woori that when they broke up, she didn't know who she was anymore and now she wants to find herself." Seungyoon grabbed his guitar and started singing the song. Occassionally, he would stop to point out which parts needed to be emphasized and Dara would note it on the paper. He walked her through it until she got the melody. By 1am Dara was able to sing the song and Seungyoon was satisfied.

The tomorrow I had in my dreams

Wasn't so difficult like today

This isn't right

The tomorrow I looked forward to

Wasn't like the today I lost myself

I want to find myself today

"I'm really happy with this, the song suits your voice so much." The producer in Seungyoon is excited to record the song.

"The song is really nice Seungyoonie, the lyrics you wrote..it's crazy. This was exactly how I was feeling just a few months ago. It's like you plucked the words from my mind." Dara got a bit emotional singing the song. She really related to Woori at that moment. "If 2ne1 disbands, I have no idea who I'd be aside from being 2ne1's Dara." Dara looked at Seungyoon, worry in her eyes. 

Seungyoon placed the guitar down and reached for her hand. "If it happens, I have no doubt in mind that you'd be able to find yourself. You can go solo, I can confidently say that now after hearing you sing my song." Seungyoon said proudly.

Dara smiled at that. He appreciates that Seungyoon isn't like the others who sugar coats the facts. Seungyoon is telling her that it can happen. 2ne1 can really disband. But at the same time, he tells her that it's not the end even if it does. It's comforting hearing it from someone who's going through the same ordeal. She really feels that she's not alone. She couldn't help herself, Dara slowly leaned in and kissed Seungyoon. Just a short peck on the lips to show him how grateful she is for Seungyoon. Seungyoon was unable to move. She was about to pull away when Seungyoon gently held the back of her neck and kissed her.

It wasn't a peck this time. And they weren't acting. This time, Dara can kiss him back. It had a slow build.  First they were just feeling, and tasting. Until it was open mouths and tongue and roaming hands. Seungyoon was a great kisser, Dara thought. She can easily get lost in this kiss without ever having to think about the worries in her life. It was getting too intense that Seungyoon had to pull back. His eyes were closed and their foreheads were pressed together.

"What are we doing?" He asked, sounding breathless.

"I..I don't know." She wished he wouldn't ask her but she knows how confusing this might be for him. It was not too long ago that she was confiding to him about Jiyong.

"Do you really want this?"

"I attacked you first didn't I?" Dara said with a small laugh.

Seungyoon had a million questions in his mind. Where is this going? Aren't you still in love with your ex? Am I just a distraction, a rebound? Is this just a one time thing?

He looked in Dara's eyes and saw that there was also confusion in her mind. He knows she's not a bad person and she would't intentionally use him. He knows that to a certain extent, she really does like him. He feels it whenever they are together but is she in love with him? He doesn't think so. Is he in love with her? Not yet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter