Chapter 9

How Lucky You Are

The boy sat in the dark room filled with books. A person that was older stared at the boy. No one spoke or made any movement.

"They said we were supposed to go to the lake. I waited, no one was there, hyung."

The older angrily walked out and slammed the door. The boy fiddled with his fingers.

Always feeling too much.

 

----------

 

 

Taeyong cleaned up as everyone had finished eating. Renjun offered to help wash the dishes, yet Taeyong rejected the offer and said he would do it all himself. Telling Renjun to just go play with the other boys.

Everyone, other than Taeyong, followed Mark to his room. Jeno tried tripping Renjun who glared at the boy. Pushing Jeno into the wall. Jeno rubbed his arm, acting as if he were in pain. Chenle and Jisung were joking with one another. Sometimes reminding each other of an embarrassing memory. Jaemin followed close after Mark. He spoke with the latter as they all made their way to his room. Mark nodded his head as Jaemin spoke, sometimes adding his own opinions to show he was listening.

Donghyuck who was at the end of the group, spoke up as he had to use the restroom. Causing the whole group of friends to stop walking.

"Hey, Mark! Where is your bathroom? I need to go." Mark and Jaemin's conversation was cut off by Donghyuck. Mark smiled at him. "Just head back and to the left, it's the first door on the right. Hurry though. We're going to play." Mark informed as he faced Jaemin to start speaking with him again.

Donghyuck followed the directions he was told and found the restroom. He quickly used it, not wanting to be left out of any fun they would have. Donghyuck stared at himself in the mirror on the wall. He fixed his hair a bit before walking out and closing the door behind him.

Donghyuck walked out from the hallway, walking into another. He stopped in his steps as he noticed something.

"Where's Mark's room anyways?" Regretting not asking the older, he looked around as he tried remembering where he walked through.

Donghyuck started walking, searching for something familiar. He decided to just walk and see if he'll end up with the others.

----------

 

The six boys were playing some board games, saying random things while they waited for Donghyuck.

Chenle hit the table the board game was on with his knee. Jisung opened his mouth and shut it back closed. He just stared at the fallen game pieces. Jaemin complained to the younger for cheating.

Renjun and Jeno just spoke with one another. Renjun shook his head as Jeno attempted to make some jokes.

Mark had stopped playing as he noticed Donghyuck was still gone even though ten minutes had already passed.

"Hey guys, I'm going to get Donghyuck. He probably got lost." Mark stood up from his spot, his bed. He made his way to his door as he carried his phone in his hand.

"Hey! Don't take too long. We want to go outside once he's here!" Renjun shouted to Mark before the latter left and closed the door shut.

Mark unlocked his phone. Quickly, he called Donghyuck. Clicking on his contact and on the phone icon, the phone started to ring. The line was picked up.

 

"Hey, Donghyuck, where are you?"

----------

 

 

Donghyuck continued walking through the halls, not noticing anything familiar. He groaned while bringing his hands up to his hair and pulling on it.

"Ugghhh! I'm never going to find them! I bet they haven't even noticed I've been gone. I should've just gone to the restroom after reaching the room." Donghyuck was tired of walking around. He had no clue where he was. He felt a little lost.

Even though it was just a house. He didn't think it'd be as big as to lose him. The house didn't seem to have this many hallways either. Anyway he turned, he would end up in a hallway. Hallway after another. He was sick of the house.

As he walked around, he noticed a door that was pink. It was definitely different from all the white walls and doors that he had been seeing. The door piqued his curiosity.

Donghyuck was walked towards the door. He turned the knob slowly. The door creaked open a bit. Donghyuck continued to slowly open the door. The door was slightly open. When Donghyuck was going to open the door open wide, his phone rang.

*Man in the mirror¡*

Donghyuck quickly snatched his phone out from his pocket. He noticed that ringtone as Mark. Donghyuck answered the call, turning away from the door.

"Hey, Donghyuck, where are you?"

Mark asked sounding rushed. Donghyuck rolled his eyes, pushing out his right hip as he held his phone in his right hand to his ear.

"Well, hello Mark. You know, I actually don't know where I am. I walked out from the restroom, just to find a billion hallways. Which didn't take me to where I needed." Donghyuck was frustrated with his situation. He couldn't find the room no matter where he went. He couldn't even find the staircase or living room!

He could hear Mark sigh before saying "Okay, just tell me what you see around you." Well, this was easy for Donghyuck to explain. Especially since there was a pink door right behind him. Everything else was white.

"From what I can see, it's white." Donghyuck decided to joke around. Though He could feel Mark roll his eyes.

"I mean, is there anything that is unique about your hall?" Mark questioned. He still sounded rushed, now a bit worried. For what?

Donghyuck giggled as he spoke. "Well, there is something unique. There's a pink door. Though, why a pink door?" Donghyuck snorted after asking.

Mark responded quite fast. "Don't open the door! Stay where you are and don't open the door! I'll got to get you." Mark was almost yelling. Donghyuck was annoyed and huffed as he just did as he was told. He waited for Mark.

Donghyuck ended the call. Even though he was told not to open the door, he really wanted to. It's not like Mark would know. Donghyuck was about to push open the door, though a hand grabbed onto his wrist.

He looked up to see who stopped him and noticed the owner of the hand as Taeyong. Taeyong pulled Donghyuck away from the door. He pulled it shut and stood in front of it. It looked like a protective stance.

Taeyong had his eye brows furrowed as he stared at Donghyuck. Donghyuck was a bit surprised. Taeyong had let go of Donghyuck's hand. He still stood, blocking the door.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with Mark?" Taeyong questioned Donghyuck. His voice sounded calm, his expression still somewhat cautious.

Donghyuck felt like yelling. He was lost in the house and Mark had still not found him. Now, he's starting to feel like a bad guy because of Taeyong glaring at him.

"Umm... I went to the restroom and got lost. Mark is searching for me right now." Donghyuck nervously laughed. He didn't feel too comfortable with Mark's brother at the moment.

Taeyong still stared at Donghyuck suspiciously. Donghyuck tensed up at how Taeyong just kept staring at him. Before he could speak again, he was interrupted. "Donghyuck! There you are. I was worried. Ten minutes had passed and yet you still weren't there. Let's get go- um Taeyong? What's wrong?"

Mark had finally found Donghyuck. He looked between his friend and his brother. Brows furrowed by confusion. Donghyuck was relieved that Mark was finally here. He was feeling slightly intimidated by the older's brother.

"Mark. I saw your friend here and came to ask him of something was wrong. I noticed he was here alone. I thought you were going to stay together." Taeyong spoke in a soft and sweet tone. Donghyuck noticed and turned his head to face Taeyong. Taeyong's expression had changed to one that was caring.

Bipolar much.

Mark nodded his head. He explained how Donghyuck got lost and then dismissed themselves.

Mark gripped onto Donghyuck's hand with his own. He dragged the latter to his room. Donghyuck noticed he had walked through some of those halls. He glanced at their hands.

So warm. So soft.

Donghyuck continued to stare at their hands. His heart started to flutter. Softly yet still fluttering. They had finally reached the room and the friends greeted each other.

"Donghyuck! Finally you're here! Let's get going outside. We saw you had a basketball court." Jaemin exclaimed as he and Jeno quickly packed their things, rushing out of the room. "We were so bored while you were gone." Renjun stated as he walked out to catch up with Jeno and Jaemin.

"He's here now. So let's go. Come on Chenle and Jisung." Mark called the youngest two as he had let go Donghyuck's hand.

He got ahead of his other friends and lead the way to his court.

 

The friends spent their time playing around. They sometimes used a mini trampoline to jump over eachother.

Donghyuck laughed along with his friends. He forgot about having gotten lost, and just played with his friends. He stared at Mark at times. Mark was so handsome and beautiful.

 

Why is my heart beating like this?