Chapter 8

How Lucky You Are

"You're such a fool! Not everything can be believed."

The boy was pushed against the wall. Left all alone there.

I'm not the fool.

---------

 

Donghyuck was still tired from the day before. It was not a good idea to play basketball when there was school the very next day.

 

Donghyuck got up from bed and got dressed for school after having taken a shower. He received a message showing that it was the group chat the seven boys made to speak with each other easier.

 

DREAMIES

 

Renjunnie: Let's meet up today
           at Mark's house.
           How about it Mark?

 

Markle: Um I guess you can.

 

Jisungggg: Yay! New house!!

 


'Good to know.'

 

Haechan ran out of his house, not getting any breakfast since he was running a bit late.

 

---------

 

"Hello~." Haechan whispered as he had come to class right before the bell rang.

 

"Barely made it. You sure are lucky." Mark chuckled and Renjun just shook his head.

 

"My body aches. I did too much work yesterday." Haechan complained before the teacher told them to be quiet.

 

--------   

 

All the boys met up at Jisung's place. They decided they'd gather there and later head to Mark's house.

 

"I'll come back to pick you guys up. I just need to drop something off and I'll be back." Taeyong informed while locking the doors to the van.

 

"Don't worry! Just don't take too long." Mark yelled out before walking back into the shops and up the stairs to the house.

 

"Mark! Come, did you know that Mr.Morris is actually bald!" Haechan put a video on of their teacher falling on his back. The wig fell off the teacher's head and it's obvious the teacher was panicking.

 

"He lost his hair because of always being stressed. It was expected really." Renjun laughed while hitting Jeno on the shoulder.

 

"Jisung, do you have any snacks?" Haechan asked, ending up getting shoved aside by Chenle.

 

"I've got it all under control!" Chenle opened his bag and started pouring snacks out. "We don't know if Mark has enough money to feed us. I thought I'd bring some of my own food."

 

Mark just smiled and watched as Haechan and the others fought for snacks.

 

"Mark, have some of mine. You didn't get any." Haechan pushed some doritos into Mark's chest while gathering his other snacks.

 

"Thank you." Mark wasn't hungry, he was going to have dinner later. Still, he felt happy when Haechan gave them to him even though they were actually Chenles.

 

-------

 

Taeyong picked them up and they arrived at the Lee's house.

 

It was big, bigger than Chenles. Though definitely of same status.

 

"Well, make yourselves at home. I'll make dinner for later." Taeyong said as he opened the doors to the house. Leaving the boys alone at the entryway.

 

Jeno and Jaemin walked over to the living. Chenle felt a similar feeling to his own home, so he just jumped onto the couch and pulled Jisung with him.

 

"Mark, this somehow doesn't come as a surprise to me." Renjun commented as he followed after the others.

 

Haechan stood beside Mark as he stared at the house decorations.

 

"Well, it seems you're rich. You have a lot of food then, right?" Haechan said.

 

"Do you only think about food?" Mark questioned, flicking Haechan on the forehead. Haechan whined at this action.

 

"There's nothing wrong that." Haechan pinched Mark's right arm.

 

'Yeah, nothing at all.' Mark grabbed Haechans wrist and dragged him to the living room with the others.

 

Haechan flushed at this. 'What if we held hands?' Haechan just continued to stare down at their hands.

 

Mark let go of Haechan since they had arrived to where the other five were.

 

"Mark, your house is really nice! It reminds me of mine!" Chenle exclaimed before saying "Let's play video games!!" Chenle quickly the console there and got the controllers.

"Alright, who else wants to play?" Mark asked while grabbing more controllers. All of the other boys raised their hands. "Okay, choose whichever." The boys quickly grabbed the controllers and sat in their own spots.

The boys were playing a combat game. Sometimes yelling when one of them killed the other. They played many rounds of many games.

"Why do you always go for me! Not just killing me either. You stand in my way and then I'm the first one that dies by the monsters!" Renjun fussed at Chenle who just laughed. Jisung high fived Chenle, also laughing.

The boys continued playing until they were called by Taeyong to eat. The boys paused the game and rushed over, while shoving each other, to the dinning room.

"No need to push and shove. I made enough for all of you. Now slow down and sit in your seat." Taeyong nagged them, standing in front of them for them to slow down.

The boys walked over to their seats. Jaemin lightly pushed Jeno, making him almost trip over a chair leg. Jeno jokingly glared at Jaemin before both of them laughed.

Everyone was seated at the dining table. Jeno between Jaemin and Renjun. Chenle beside Jisung who sat in front of Jeno. Donghyuck sat between Jisung and Mark. Mark had his brother to the left of him.

"Wow! I usually have burgers at my house." Jisung mused. He quickly started eating, Chenle sometimes poking him in the side.

"I'll be coming over just to eat your food, Taeyong hyung." Donghyuck teased, shoving a piece of steak into his mouth.

Mark sighed softly. He looked at his brother. He decided to just say what he wanted. "Hyung, you over did it. Steak just because they visited? Steak. As well as lobster. There's also so many side dishes." Mark shook his head, giving a strange look at the food in front of him.

"They're your friends. You haven't had any come over in a long time. I wanted this to be special. I also wanted to give them my best." Taeyong smiled before Mark spoke again.

"You just wanted to get complimented for your cooking." Taeyong lightly slapped Mark on the shoulder. Mark laughed as the others decided to compliment Taeyong. Taeyong lightly blushed and told them to stop. "Just eat the food."

The boys kept telling each other stories of school and also complained about the games they were playing. Especially Renjun who mostly complained about Chenle.

'This is nice.'

Mark softly smiled, it going unnoticed.