Chapter 6

How Lucky You Are

"They don't understand. We're here for you."

Lies over more lies.

------

 

"Mark, what are you doing?" Lucas asked the boy, bringing him out of a daze.

 

"How great it would be if I could say what I want to say." Mark responded, fiddling with his fingers.

 

'Round and round and round. Up, down, reverse.' Mark was concentrated on his fingers, so he didn't see Lucas stand up.

 

Lucas pushed Mark off the dining chair, hard.

 

"You're such a nuisance. You're so fake." Stepping over Mark's hand, Lucas said with annoyance.
"They won't be your friends for long you know."

 

Lucas kneeled down and grabbed Mark hair, pushing his head back a bit.

 

"You're so stupid. Stop spacing out so much! Jaehyun got mad because you didn't arrive when you were supposed to." Mark started to think back to how they were heading over to Jaehyun's place before they met up with Donghyuck.

 

'They wouldn't think I'm stupid would they?...'

 

"Don't do this Lucas. I don't like feeling the beating of my heart. You know I hate pain." Mark grabbed Lucas' wrist and started twisting it. Lucas let go of Mark's hair and tried pulling his hand out of Marks grip.

 

"Let go! This is why you're so fake!" Mark let go of Lucas' wrist not before giving one more tight squeeze on it.

 

'He deserves it.'

 

"So kind now aren't you?" Lucas was obviously using sarcasm.

 

Lucas walked away, feeling he spoke enough.

 

'I don't want to see Jaehyun.' Mark walked to his room shutting the door. He brought his hands to his chest as he shut his eyes. "That's not true..."

 

Sighing, Mark walked over to his bed, falling down onto it.

 

'What a terrible way to end a day.'

 

With those thoughts, he tells asleep. Knowing he'll wake up dreamless.

 

----

 

The seven friends were together, playing video games at Jaemin's and Renjun's house.

 

"What are you doing! You were supposed to shoot him! Not me, your teammate!" Jaemin yelled at Jeno after slapping him on the arm.

 

"At least he didn't surround you with mines." Jisung rolled his eyes while Chenle laughed at how Jisung couldn't leave the small circle he was in.

 

"You guys are so bad at these games." Shaking his head, Renjun got up to get some drinks. "Who wants soda?"

 

Most boys yelled at what type they wanted, while Mark asked for water.

 

"Wow, how plain Mark." Haechan teased while wrapping his left arm around Marks right.

 

"Soda won't quench my thirst." Mark said, makingHaechan, Chenle, and Jaemin laugh, while Haechan said it sounded like something from poetry.

 

"Let's go outside for a bit. We need to get some sun on our skin. Well, maybe not Haechan." Jeno said, standing up.

 

"Well thank you for pointing out my beautiful skin." Haechan said while wiping his arms over his arms.


Everyone laughed, enjoying the time they spent together.

---------

It was finally Monday, meaning that they needed to head to school.

So what was Haechan doing?
Why, of course heading to school.

Though worrying a bit since he hadn't finished his homework. Keyword 'a bit'. Since he could just finish it in one of his classes.

Haechan and Renjun walked into class, noticing Mark made it there before them. He was on his phone.

"Mark! Didn't expect you to be here before us." Renjun called out to him.

Mark faced them, he smiled before speaking more with renjun.

Haechan stopped in his steps. He had been wanting to say this for a while now.

"Mark, you have a cute smile." Haechan blurted out, his two friends stopping the conversation from surprise.

"Ummm.." Mark seemed a bit flustered by this, as he didn't say anything.

"Haechan, your gay is showing." Renjun commented while laughing. Mark chuckled a bit. Nervously.

"No homo." Haechan tried defending himself while putting his hand up.

"That just came as a surprise." Mark said, smiling up to Haechan. "Thank you though."

Haechan stared at Mark. The smile wasn't just cute now. It seemed beautiful, sincere.

"What the-" Haechan shook his whole body before sitting down.

'Why did my heart beat at that?'

Renjun started teasing Haechan about a dance move that he was reminded about by how Haechan shook his body.

Mark just laughed at them. The boys played around a bit more until the teacher came to start class.