Chapter 10

How Lucky You Are

"They keep bothering me."

The older walked away from the boy. He went to make a call.

I'm not the one at fault.

----------

 

Donghyuck glanced up at Mark. Mark was smiling as everyone spoke at lunch. They were at school, class had already ended.

'His smile is so cute...'

Donghyuck shook his head, getting rid of such a thought. He didn't like how he was feeling around Mark these days. His heart would beat fast, and he wanted to continue staring at him. Mark was beautiful.

Donghyuck quickly stood up, grabbing his tray and throwing his food away. His friends looked at him, watching as he just walked out of the cafeteria.

"What's up with him? He didn't even say bye." Renjun slightly frowned, watching the doors close behind his friend.

"Maybe he just had to use the bathroom. He might just have stomach problems." Jeno was punched on the shoulder by Renjun. "Gross" Renjun went back to his food.

The group of friends continued their previous conversation. Mark stared at the cafeteria doors and then at the spot Donghyuck had been sitting in.

'Why did he leave?'

Donghyuck continued passing through Marks mind throughout the rest of lunch. Donghyuck hadn't come back to lunch since he left. Even as Mark listened to the other friends, he kept on thinking about Donghyuck.

He missed him. Mark didn't understand why he felt this way, but he missed Donghyuck. No matter if it were for just a few minutes, he would miss the boy.

The small group of friends continued their conversation as lunch had still hadn't ended.

----------

Donghyuck sat on the schools rooftop. No student was allowed up there. He didn't care though. He wanted to clear his mind from a certain someone. He groaned as he couldn't accomplish his goal of forgetting the male that ran through his mind.

'Why does he have to be so handsome?'

Donghyuck let out a sigh. He stared up at the sky, he started to think about the previous day. He had gotten lost in Mark's house.

He let out a small chuckle. "A pink door. Why were they so defensive over the door?" He raised an eyebrow as he thought about the two brothers. The older one actually intimidated Donghyuck. He was sending quite a glare to him that day.

Donghyuck was actually glad that Mark had arrived at the time he did. Yet, Donghyuck couldn't stop his curiosity.

'Why were they so dramatic? Well, really just Taeyong.'

Donghyuck stood up from his spot, dusting off his behind. He walked to the entrance of the rooftop. He felt it was around the time to head to class, and he didn't want to get there late.

----------

 

Mark had just gotten home, taking off his bag and throwing it on the floor as he jumped onto the living room couch.

"How was school today?" His brother Taeyong greeted, walking over to the younger. Taeyong sat down on a free spot of the couch. Mark moved so that his head laid on his older brothers lap. Taeyong ran his fingers through Marks hair. Repeating the action.

"It was fine. Donghyuck just left us at lunch. Though the rest was normal." Mark replied as he was slowly drifting off to sleep. The hands running through his hair made him sleepier.

Taeyong hummed as he continued running his fingers through his younger brothers hair. Mark almost drifted to sleep, yet his brother spoke before he could fly to dreamland. "Do you want to go to your room? Or would you rather go to your story room?" Taeyong asked. The younger just raised his hand and made a peace sign. Signaling to his brother that he chose the second option.

Mark slowly stood up. Taeyong got oof the couch and crouched down for his brother to get on his back. Mark got on and wrapped his arms around the olders neck, his legs wrapping around their waist.

Taeyong walked to the room with the pink door. He twisted the knob, opening the door. Taeyong walked into the room, heading to bed beside the wall.

He turned around, Mark unwrapped his limbs from the older and plopped down onto the bed. Mark then leaned his back against the wall, grabbing a pillow from the end of the bed and placing it between his legs. "I want 'Henry's group'." Mark said, wrapping a blanket around himself.

Taeyong walked over to a bookshelf and grabbed the book his brother asked for. He gave it to Mark.

"Call me when you need me. Take care, I'm going to Jaehyun's house." Taeyong some soft music for Mark to listen to. The older walked out of the room, softly closing the door.

Taeyong turned away from the door. He called Jaehyun to tell him he was on his way.

 

Mark sat in the room while reading the book. His brother left. He finally had some peace and quiet. While reading, Mark would sometimes frown, before smirking and letting out a small chuckle.

Mark shook his head as he placed his book onto the nightstand.

 

'He was a funny one.'