Chapter 3

How Lucky You Are

"Friends! Fools! We're here instead!"

They laughed as they watched over him with Cheshire grins.

It's cold...

___

 

Haechan wasn't okay with him. The boy transferee.

 

Mark.

 

Maybe he's just thinking too much. Still, it didn't make sense.

 

Haechan was sure Mark had ditched him and his friends.

 

If he really needed to tell his parents he would be late, he could've texted them around the others. Was there really a need to be secret?

 

Haechan had his thoughts cut short as someone punched his shoulder.

 

"Ow! What was that for?" Haechan asked fake whimpering.

 

Renjun was shaking his head as Jaemin smiled sweetly at Haechan.

 

"Haechan, would you mind telling us the reason as to why you're spacing out and having me repeat myself five times?" Jaemin was technically commanding Haechan to play attention or else he would get so much worse than a simple punch in the arm.

 

"Haha..." Haechan thought for a second 'I'm not sure about it though, so I'll keep it to myself.' Then responded with a full sentence.

 

"Sorry got a bit distracted with how I might get a zero on the assignment." Haechan said as he made a zero with his fingers to add more effect.

 

Renjun it his turn to hit Haechan on the shoulder soon running to class as he didn't want to be late.

 

Jaemin ran after Renjun as they were in the same elective.

 

Sighing, Haechan sat down in his seat waiting for the teacher to enter.

 

Mark entered and sat in the seat right in front of Donghyuck.

 

"Good morning Donghyuck." Mark had turned around to face Donghyuck. Speaking with a sweet smile plastered on his face.

 

'How cute- no!" Haechan blinked taking the thought out of his head and being brought back to reality.

 

"Good morning, Mark! Even though it doesn't seem to be quite that good of a morning to me." Haechan waved his hand towards the window as it had started raining (pouring) outside.

 

Mark followed the direction of the hand and noticed the rain. His lips frowned a bit as he cocked his eyebrow.

 

"Better in the morning than in the afternoon." It took Haechan a few seconds to understand what Mark said.

 

'Right, don't want it raining when we head home.'

 

The teacher came in soon after and the lessons had then started.

 

-------

 

The seven boys had decided to meet up at lunch. Jeno,Jaemin, and Chenle were the first to arrive. Finally the other four arrived and Jisung had pushed Chenle of the bench saying
"This is my spot and you know it!"

 

"Mark, help Chenle with this problem. His thick skull won't let his brain work properly." Jeno said throwing Chenle's book bag towards Mark as Chenle the retaliated.

 

"You just want to copy all the other answers I had gotten right, don't you!" Chenle wasn't bad academically what so ever. If there was a problem he couldn't solve, he would ask Mark for the way to solve it.

 

Chenle wasn't fond of others copying him though.

 

"I won't allow it! Do it yourself!" Chenle had scooted over to Mark to see his mistake.

 

"Don't worry, look Chenle..." Haechan wasn't playing any attention to what Mark was saying since he was listening more to Jaemin.

 

"We should visit each other. Tomorrow is the weekend, how about we go to someone's house?" Jaeming seemed thrilled with this and Renjun agreed to this while Jeno just had his eye smile.

 

"Yeah, let's go for it. But whose house are we going to?" Haechan decided to ask, getting Mark's, Chenle's and Jisung's attention.

 

"Not mine, my parent's will want me helping them out at the cash register." Jisung shook his head with a blatant expression.

 

"My aunts are there so I don't want to go to mine either." Jeno pushed Chenle as he didn't want Chenle's aunts ruining their day, not being rude, but he wanted away from adults.

 

"Jaemin and I can't have anyone visit since our parents don't trust Haechan." Renjun complained glancing at Haechan. Haechan just turned his head away deciding to face Mark.

 

Renjun and Jaemin are step-brothers. Their parents got together and Renjun and Jaemin got along very well so there weren't any problems with the marriage.

 

"What about you Mark? Can we go to your house?" Renjun asked wanting to visit a house of someone they hadn't gone to yet.

 

"Maybe another time. My parents are busy and don't really want me inviting people they don't know." Mark responded receiving a groan from Haechan.

 

"Guess it'll be my house then." Haechan decided as everyone else couldn't have the visit at their house.

 

"See you guys there then!" The two youngest said running to their next class since the bell had rung.

 

"Bye, see you later. As well as tomorrow~" Haechan waved to the others.

 

Everyone dispersed to their own classes. Each awaiting the next day.