Chapter 1

How Lucky You Are

They're laughing again
Is it really that funny?

___

 

3RD PERSON POV

 

The class is silent as they await the transfer student.

 

"Come in now to introduce yourself." The teacher says facing the door.

 

A boy with brown hair came in. His hair was parted in two, one side flattened down as the other side is covering his forehead.

 

The teacher waves a hand, indicating that the kid should now introduce himself.

 

"Hello, I'm Mark Lee. I'm not really accustomed to this school, so I hope for you all to take care of me." Mark said smiling to the other students.

 

"Please sit in that empty seat over there." The teacher then turned to her book to start class.

 

As soon as Mark sat in his seat, the boys beside him started chatting with him.

 

When class ended, it seemed that most of the class had become friends with Mark.

 

The school day passed quickly and many people started speaking with Mark. He was good at most things, especially basketball.

 

People were pulled to Mark. He had a personality that made it easy for people to talk to him.

 

___

 

"Hey Haechan!" Jeno slapped Haechan on the back as he greeted him.

 

"You know the transferee? He's so cool! I'm glad he wasn't hard to speak to." Jeno said as he was walking home with Haechan.

 

"Of course I've heard of him. It was so noisy wherever he was. I didn't really speak to him." Haechan said expressionless.

 

"It doesn't really matter though. Just wanted to bring some news to you!" Jeno shouted to Haechan as he sped to his front gate and went into his house.

 

"*sigh* I guess I'll do my homework on my own today." Haechan walked into his house greeting his mother.