Chapter 12

How Lucky You Are

"I didn't do it! Why won't you believe me?!"

The child yelled at the adult, waving their arms towards the boy. More yelling was heard, the adult smacking the child across the face.

The boy grinned, looking down at his lap. Whimpers fell out of his mouth, causing the adult to go and hug him.

I told you to leave.

---------

 

Donghyuck walked down to the kitchen, grabbing a snack to take back upstairs. As he searched the pantry, his thoughts started to wander to a certain boy.

 

'What's so important that he can't play with us?'

 

Donghyuck wore an expression of disapproval. He wanted to hangout with Mark, but the boy was supposedly busy. Donghyuck, upset, grabbed more cans of soda with the chips, and ran upstairs back to his friends. He wanted to tell Mark to be with them instead of doing whatever he's "busy" with. Of course, he decided against it. He'll just wait for his friend to come back and have an explanation.

 

-----------

 

Mark had arrived at the house. Getting out of the car, he strode towards the door of the house. Ten being a few steps behind him. Jaehyun opened the door to the house as soon as he noticed Mark.

 

"Mark! You're here! Let's go to the room. The kid is waiting there." Jaehyun greeted, leading the way to the room. Ten followed after, smile printed on his face.

 

They reached the room, a stuffed owl sitting at the door step. Mark picked it up, opening the door. He entered the room, Jaehyun and Ten taking their place at both sides of the door.

 

Sitting at the foot of the bed, was a boy. The boy looked up, frowning as soon as he sees Mark. The said boy smiles and wiggles the owl he held in his hand.

 

Mark walks towards the boy, lifting his chin with his finger, causing the boy to look up at him. Mark brought the toy to the boys face.

 

The boy swatted Mark's finger off from below his chin. "What do you want, Mark?" The boy asked exhausted. Mark smiled at the boy.

 

"I came to visit you, Henry. Didn't you want to see me? You even left snowy in the hall." Mark said, talking about the owl in his hands. Mark smile grew brighter as Henry shook his head violently.

 

"I didn't leave him there! You even have my dad trusting you. You took everyone away from me, Mark. Just leave me alone, won't you? I already feel like I'm suffocating." Henry hugged himself, holding himself tightly as if trying to protect himself from something. Or someone.

 

Mark grinned, shoving the owl, Snowy, into Henry's lap. He got back, moving to sit on a chair at the side of the room. Once he made himself comfortable, he decided it was time.

 

"Jaehyun, you can deal with him now." As Mark said that, Jaehyun slowly headed towards Henry. Lifting his right fist, Jaehyun brought it to Henry's stomach. Henry was thrown back onto the bed. He yelped when he was hit, now groaning from the pain. He curled up into a ball, wrapping his arms around the harmed area.


Jaehyun got closer to Henry, step after step. Mark watched the injured boy tighten his grip around himself. Jaehyun kicked the boy in the same spot, except now hitting his arms as they covered the harmed area.

Groans and yelps could be heard from the boy. Yet no one hears a cry of help as Henry knows there's no use in doing so. Jaehyun grabs Henry by his shirt collar, and starts dragging him off the bed.

Mark stands, walking out of the room, now standing at the door way.

Jaehyun continues dragging Henry. The latter thrashes around, reaching for the bed sheets to stop the drag. He whines, tightly gripping the sheets, kicking his legs at Jaehyun.

Jaehyun successfully pulls the boy off the bed. He hold him by his back collar, dragging him across the floor now. "Let me go!!" Henry yells as he tries pulling the olders hands off of him. His heels hurt for flailing them and hitting them against the tiles.

Mark's face is grim, walking out of their way, letting them through the door and out if the room.

"Ten, what exactly were we supposed to do with him?" Jaehyun asks. Ten continues walking, leading the boys to a balcony facing the backyard.

"We don't need him anymore. His dad has already been dealt with. Henry isn't listening to us, so we are here today to get rid of him." Ten explains as they reach the balcony on the 5th floor.

Mark sits himself on a railing, feet touching the ground of the balcony. Henry thrashes more, surprised at the fact that his father had died. "STOP! I DON'T WANT TO DIE! LET ME GO!!" Henry pleads. Ten snickers, leaning against the railing, now beside Mark. Jaehyun let's go of Henry. The younger tries running away, but Jaehyun stomps on their back, putting lots of force to keep him down. Henry let's out a screech as he is then stabbed in the upper left arm.

Ten laughs at the boys screech. He pulls out the box cutter, stabbing the boy again in the same spot but opposite arm. The boy yells, cussing at the other three. Ten slashes the boy on the back, ripping the shirt and causing blood to spill.

Jaehyun pulls Henry up, and pushes him towards the balcony's railing. Henry groans as his wounds are pushed against.

Mark smirks as he hears Henry yelling and cussing. Jaehyun grips onto the victim's arms, squeezing tightly onto the wounds. Henry yells in pain, not noticing Jaehyun sitting him on top of the railings. Henry notices too late, now having been pushed, falling down five floors.

Mark stares at Henry as he's being pushed. One small second is all that's needed for Mark to see the terror leave Henry's face. Terror being replaced with realization of a fool. The fool that Henry has always been.

Mark laughs in pleasure, kicking his legs in the process. Jaehyun pulls Mark off the railing, onto the balcony. "Did you see his face? It's like he finally found his own worth!" Mark laughs through his sentence, pulling away from Jaehyun and walking into the house. Jaehyun smiles after hearing Mark laugh. He quickly follows after Mark as he had to drive the younger back home.

Ten is left alone on the balcony. He walks to the edge, looking over the railing. The sight below has him grinning, pleased with the deed well done. A corpse having been punctured by many sharps knives pointing up. "You should've known this was going to happen." Ten says, walking into the room.

Letting go of Snowy, a knife sitting through the owl. Ten follows the laughter heard downstairs.

----------

Mark sits in the car, closing his eye as he listens to some music with his earbuds in. A certain book laying beside him.

'Having been caged after long time of freedom. No use seen, so thrown over the wall. No wings to fly, you once so bright bird.'