Chapter 2

How Lucky You Are

"Some more steps to go!"

I'm tired...

___

 

"Hey Mark!" Jeno waved to Mark as he rushed over to him with his friend.

 

"Oh, hey Jeno. Who do you have there with you?" Showing interest in the boy next to Jeno, Mark decided to ask.

 

"Introduce yourself, Haechan!" Jeno pushed him forward.

 

"Hey, I'm Haechan." He said feeling awkward. Mark just smiled at him.

 

"I'm Mark, your friend might've already told you." Mark decided to introduce himself. The bell rung after he did.

 

The three boys decided to hang out once school was over.

 

___

 

Haechan walked to the school's front gate. He sped up as soon as he saw Jeno and Mark.

 

"Hey! You guys beat me here." Haechan greeted. Jeno grabbed Haechan's arm.

 

"Let's go eat something! How about the burger place that Jisung's parents own?" Jeno suggested turning from Haechan to Mark, and back to Haechan.

 

"I mean, I wouldn't mind. I've actually been looking for a place I could eat burgers at." Mark said nodding.

 

"Let's go then." Jeno pulled Haechan along.

 

___

 

The boys spoke with one another. Jisung joined in the conversation after he finished helping his parents a bit with the cashier.

 

"I'm going to use the bathroom for a bit." Mark excused himself from the table and went to the bathroom.

 

"I think I may need to go as well." Said Haechan as he left the other two.

 

As Haechan entered the bathroom, he saw Mark at the sinks. Mark was leaning on the wall using his phone.

 

"What are you doing, Mark?" Haechan walked up to Mark as he asked.

 

"I forgot to tell my parents that I was hanging out with you and the others. It seems I need to go home now." Mark said sighing.

 

"You can go then. I'll tell the others." Haechan said

 

"That would be nice. Then here, you can use this to pay for the food." Mark tried handing some money to Haechan.

 

"No need. Jisung's parents give us food free of charge. Just go home already." Haechan rejected the money and just walked into a stall. Mark said his thanks once again, and left.

 

Haechan told his friends and they didn't really mind. They decided that it was about time to go home.