Chapter 13

How Lucky You Are

"What's wrong??"

The older questioned with worry. The boy stayed silent. Tears continuously slipping out of his eyes.

If only they were honest and sincere...

----------

 

Donghyuck groaned as he made his way out of bed. Lazily walking to the bathroom to get washed up, arguing about the uselessness of a certain place called school.

 

"I already know what they teach! Yet they go over the same subject for a whole week!" Donghyuck fussed as he stripped off his clothes. Turning on the water of the shower and locking the bathroom door. He got in the shower, water chillingly cold.

 

"Cold!" He jumped away from the water. Fixing the temperature of the water, he got back under.

 

'Just need to head to school.'

 

----------

 

"Mark, where were you yesterday? You weren't at school." Donghyuck asked the older, sitting in his seat. Mark just smiled before responding.

 

"I was busy, my brother had to head on a business trip. I wanted to spend sometime with him before he left." Mark told him. Donghyuck nodded.

 

He didn't really know what the older's family did. He only knew that Mark was of the upper class. "What is it that your brother does?" Donghyuck asked out of curiosity, tilting his head to the side.

 

Mark stayed silent. He found the younger cute when he tilted his head. Noticing he'd been silent for a bit long, Mark spoke up. "You know, he works at my parent's company. He is the heir to it after all." Mark shrugged his shoulders as he turned to the front as their teacher had arrived.

 

Donghyuck nodded his head a bit as he also faced the front. That wasn't really the answer he was looking for, but it doesn't really matter.

 

Mark silently glanced towards Donghyuck. His expression blank as he stared. He then went back to his notes.

 

----------

 

The boys greeted Mark as they saw him when he arrived to their shared classes. They decided to play some basketball again.

 

As they were at the basketball court, they made their teams. Renjun, Jeno, and Mark in one team as they were the older ones. Then Donghyuck, Jaemin, Jisung, and Chenle in the other team.

 

"I'm going to beat you." Jaemin told Jeno. The latter smiled as a reply.

 

The friends continued playing, taking breaks every so often. The breaks were filled with them arguing over which one of them was better at certain games.

 

It started to rain as they finished their last round.

 

"At least it didn't start raining earlier." Jisung said, grabbing his bag and drinking some water. Chenle grabbed his own bag and hit Jisung with it, causing the youngest to have a coughing fit as he choked on some water. A loud squeaky laugh could be heard from the offender as he held his stomach.

 

Everyone grabbed their things. Donghyuck had his hands in the air, trying to feel the rain as much as he could. The boy quite liked the rain.

 

Norenmin ran off the court and quickly made their way into a convenience store nearby, leaving the others behind. Mark called Lucas to pick them up. "You guys are good with Lucas getting us, right?" Mark asked as the others just nodded. They already got to the store and were buying some snacks.

 

"Hey, let's stay at Jeno's house!" Chenle suggested cheerfully. "We could play games the whole night!" Jisung added as the two youngest grabbed more snacks to eat.

 

"That's fine. Just gotta tell my mom." Jeno said as he called his mother on the phone.

 

"Alright, call our parents too." Jaemin said as he carried some coffee. Renjun started telling Jaemin of how unhealthy he was with all the coffee, but Jaemin just poked out his tongue as he walked to the cashier.

 

Mark decided to be the one to inform everyone's parents that they weren't going home as they were going to sleepover. Meaning, Mark had to introduce himself to some of their parents over the phone. They didn't know him after all.

 

Donghyuck noticed a certain beagle looking man walk into the store. The man quickly walked to Mark and tightly hugged him from behind. Mark was surprised at the sudden touch, jumping a bit. When he realized who was the one hugging him, he relaxed. Donghyuck eyed the two. Some unknown pain giving light stabs at his heart.

 

Jeno put his arm around Donghyuck's shoulders. Their faces close as Jeno tightened his gesture and pulled Donghyuck close. This caused Donghyuck to stop staring at the the other two. Jeno and he started conversing as Jeno dragged Donghyuck to the other friends.

 

A certain boy stared at their interaction. Frowning lips, dead eyes. Hands on arms, he squeezed his hands.

 

"Ah! Ah ah.. ah.. ah..." Lucas let out as Mark was squeezing his arms. He stopped hugging Mark, now trying to get away from the smaller. "Okay, I'm not hugging you anymore. Let go." He whined to the younger.

 

Mark let go with a small tug. Lucas rubbed his arms, specifically his wrists.

 

"You didn't have to grab so hard." Lucas grinned, softly bumping shoulders with Mark. Shirt touching shirt, bone hitting bone.

 

Mark rolled his eyes. He walked over to the others, Lucas two feet behind him. The taller spoke about anything, Mark tuning it out.

 

Hands in pockets. "Our ride's here!" Laughter from the youngest two was cut off as Mark informed the six boys. They had already finished paying for their items. They were just messing around, disturbing the cashier.

 

All of them got out of the store. Lucas lead them to his car. Not a van this time. Jaemin quickly put his bag in the trunk, the others doing the same. They took their seats in the car. Lucas in the drivers seat, Jeno in the passenger seat as they were heading to his house. The others sat in the back.

 

"All right! Jeno, the directions." Lucas said. The boys in the back had their own conversation as Jeno sometimes spoke up. Lucas followed the directions Jeno was telling him, making sure to seem responsible.

 

Donghyuck stopped speaking as he stared at Mark. He admired the olders appearance. Warm fuzziness spread in his chest as he stared.

 

Truthfully speaking, Donghyuck didn't know what he was feeling. He never felt this way. Never felt uneasy yet comfortable with someone. He didn't understand how such contradicting feelings, were towards the same person. In all honesty, it scared Donghyuck. Having an unknown emotion. Though he didn't want to tell anyone since he was sure he'd be laughed at.

 

"Donghyuck?" Renjun waved his hand in the youngers face. The one under the name hadn't noticed himself being called as he was so into his thoughts. Getting out of his daze, he looked up at Renjun.

 

"What?" Donghyuck asked. Renjun raised a brow as he furrowed the other. Putting his hand back beside him, he started to speak to the younger.

 

"Why do you keep staring at Mark?" Donghyucks heart beat sped up at Renjuns question. Eyebrows rose from the sudden question. Renjun leaned slightly towards Donghyuck. Signaling that he was waiting for an answer.

 

Donghyuck pinched his leg with his hand opposite of where Renjun was. "W-what do you mean?.." He internally sighed at the way that came out.

 

Why was he being so awkward?

 

"It's just that, these days I've noticed you just staring at Mark without saying or doing anything. All you do is stare..." Renjun casually said, leaning back into his seat. His gaze getting off of Donghyuck.

 

Sighing, Donghyuck just answered. "Have you noticed how handsome he is." Sounding more like a statement rather than a question.

 

Renjuns eyes widened at what the other said. Donghyuck spoke up again saying "Seriously, he's rather good looking.".

 

Jaemin scooted over to Donghyuck, interested by what the latter said. "You think Mark is handsome?" Jaemin asked, raising a brow as he smirked.

 

Noticing what he was saying, Donghyuck tried correcting himself. "He is handsome. I'm just.... -appreciating his looks." Looking over to Jaemin, he lightly smacked him.

 

Jaemin rubbed his arm, saying some "mhm's". He rolled his eyes. "I'll let you off right now. You need to explain to me later though!" He told Donghyuck, showing that he wasn't going to let him go.

 

Donghyuck started speaking with his friends again, wanting to get all attention off of him.

 

Mark glanced at Donghyuck. Tilting his head to the side, eyes with a bit of shine.

 

'What is this feeling?'