Chapter 9: One should be curious

BDZ

Three months had passed since the first day of class. The nine of them, though of different courses except the j-line of course, always met up during lunch and sometimes they hang out. With the time they spent with one another they all learned new discoveries.

 It was a shock for them when they realized that six dishes wasn't the limit of Momo, they tested it out. If it weren't for Tzuyu and Dahyun then the rest wouldn't even have a penny in their wallets. 

They've all witnessed and experience on how fearsome Sana's clumsiness and obliviousness is. All nine of them were literally chased by a jealous girlfriend of some guy. Mind you, she had a knife. And they all heard Mina shout for the first time as she was the first one to run. "I told you this wasn't a good idea!" was what she shouted. It was an unforgettable day for Jeongyeon, the starter of the mess, since she didn't have enough stamina. Good thing Jihyo is the student council president. She used her authority to make the girl stop. She didn't care if people say that it's an abuse of power, her life was on the line! It was also on that day that they knew how fast Chaeyoung could be. 

The times Chaeyoung got lost couldn't be counted by hand. Whether it was finding her room, the toilet or even her apartment, she loses her way. Since she had such a terrible sense of direction, Tzuyu and Dahyun were appointed as her escorts. Sana jokingly commented on what Chaeyoung was since she has two multimillionaires as her escorts.

Mina, it wasn't a surprise, is really smart. What they hadn't anticipated was that she knew the other courses' subjects well. When Nayeon couldn't understand her lessons, Mina taught her. When Jeongyeon was stumped by a bug which she couldn't fix, Mina fixed it for her. When Jihyo had problems with her design, Mina gave her tips. All of them were helped by Mina on their studies. Especially Sana since she's with Mina 24/7. She also and is the only one that Mina nags.

Nayeon, for the past three months, had visible changes. Jihyo and the others were stupefied one day when they all saw Nayeon walking towards them with her phone not on her hand but was kept safely in the pocket of her jeans. She stopped from having 50+ selfies a day to only ten a day. Whatever happened to her was an absolute mystery. 

"Did someone broke up with you?"

"Was your crush taken?"

"Were you abducted by aliens?"

"You're not Nayeon-unnie, who are you?!"

Such and such were being told. Nayeon paid no heed and laughed it all of. Her new hobby, for some reason, was to make fun of Jeongyeon. She hits her with no good reason, steals her food, mess up her codes, put make up on her then laugh on her face and many more. Jeongyeon being the lazy person she is, doesn't fight back. One might think she's a masochist but Jihyo knew that her friend was just unaccustomed to someone who likes to get her attention.

Jeongyeon spends more time under the sun these days. Her sister even made all her favorite foods when she told them she'd hang out with her friends. Though she's still lazy but she met another homebody, Mina. Both of them love to stay on their beds and not move an inch. And if not for Nayeon annoying Jeongyeon to death and Chaeyoung dragging Mina out her house then the two of them wouldn't have been in all their outings.

Tzuyu is new to many things since she was sheltered by her parents. She's amazed with everything that would have been considered normal. Dahyun on the other hand was the opposite, it is as if she was never part of a historic family but just a normal kid down the block.

Jihyo, well, she was like an open book. Even the oblivious Sana can read her well. Though no word had been said, she was technically the leader of the group. One would wonder how she still has time to meet up with them when she's supposed to be busy.

Jihyo, as usual, sorted out the documents piled up on her table. She happened to have some free time before lunch so she stopped by her office. A loud banging was then heard and one of the officers came inside panting.

"Sunbaenim!" Her junior shouted.

"What's wrong?" Jihyo asked worriedly. Why in the world would he run all the way here if it wasn't serious?

"The chancellor wants to see you, as well as the officials and world government." He said. Confusion was evident in his voice. What are there representatives of world government doing in this school?

Jihyo furrowed her brows. She knew how the world government secretly backs up the university. We're they going to reveal it? If so, why?

She knew asking herself would bring no answer so she headed to the chancellor's office. She knocked on the door and entered the room. There she saw three men in suit seated opposite to where the chancellor is. Jihyo bowed and sat as ordered by the chancellor.

"Jihyo" The old man who had been the chancellor for almost a decade spoke.

"These gentlemen here need the help of the students. They only want to have the school to have a small event and I had agreed to this. Though no word must be said about the world government being the backer of this event." The chancellor said firmly. Jihyo could only nod.

"Your job is to make sure the event will be successful. We'll give the money needed and the prizes for the winners." The man in the middle smiled. Jihyo could sense something was amiss but she held it in and said yes to the man politely.

The man approved of Jihyo and they excused themselves. The old man too a quick glance to Jihyo and said, "I'll leave it up to you.".

The next day, fliers about the event was posted in every notice board of the shool and information was already on the university website.

Mina walked to school earlier than usual. Since she had spare time, she walked up to a notice board and read the newly posted flier. She frowned as she read.

'Hello there! We, the student council, want to invite you to participate in this small event. Just answer the question below and you might find yourselves having a tremendous prize! Drop your answers in the box in front of the student council room or post it on the official website.'

"…what is the old world?" Mina mumbled. 

"So they're finally making a move...a dumb move..." Mina thought as she walked away from the notice board.