Chapter 5: One should eat

BDZ

Jihyo massaged her temples. She still had to deal with Nayeon's stolen phone but when she reached her office, one of her subordinates told her that the supposed to be transferee didn't show up. She sat on her chair and closed her eyes. She calmed her mind and before she can start speaking, she was startled by a sudden shout. It sent chills all over her spine. 

The student council was situated in a calm area. The reason for this is the creepy garden next to it. No students wanted to come. Though Jihyo liked the place since she could have her solitude while listening to the sounds of nature.

Jihyo abruptly stood up, not minding that her chair had fallen, and went to check what in the world was that shout that could rival her voice. She had two officers in tow and went head straight to the garden. She had heard from her predecessor that when you hear a shout, go to the garden. Apparently, many of the students who enter become scared and shout at their wits end. 

They scanned the area and saw two figures hugging each other, both were crying. Jihyo knew one of them.

"Chaeyoung?" Jihyo wanted to confirm.

Chaeyoung flinched at the voice but calmed down when she knew who it was from. She looked up and saw Jihyo. Knowing that they now have more company, Chaeyoung and Dahyun relaxed and let go of each other. But both were still visibly shaken.

"Are the both of you alright?" Jihyo was worried for her freshmen. Especially the other one, how scared was she to become that pale.

"We--we just need a little more time…" Dahyun managed to smile. She thought that because there were now a lot of people, the ghost would go away. But she could still see the hand coming out of the bush.

A grumble echoed out once again. Followed by a loud rustling of the bushes. Something was coming! Jihyo heard this and stifled a scream when she saw a hand extending out of the bushes. Her two officers legs were shaking. No one of them spoke a word because when they entered they already saw the hand.

Just like sadako, a being crawled out of the bushes. 

"H-help…" The being pleaded.
"W-we can't help you!" Dahyun managed to shout. Chaeyoung and the others looked at her with amazement. She's a brave one!

The being heard this and looked towards Dahyun. Dahyun was the one nearest to it, only a meter away from it's left. Dahyun was also near the bushes. Dahyun regretted her words when her eyes met the being's gaze. The being returned behind the bushes and all of them sighed in relief. 

Dahyun looked at them proudly, she managed to scare the ghost!

"Da-dahyun-ah…" Chaeyoung looked at her pitifully. Chaeyoung wanted to help her new friend but she can't. 

Dahyun tilted her head and before she could speak, she felt a pair of arms wrapped on her waist. Dahyun didn't think her pale skin would be any paler. The being then quietly laughed.

"It's a human doll!" The being chirped and all of them almost dropped their jaws. The being continued to hug Dahyun as if it had found a new toy. Dahyun's face cramped as she slowly turn her head to look to at the ghost. 

"Hirai Momo?" Jihyo managed to ask. 
"That's me!" The girl who was thought to be of as a ghost replied. No wonder she looked familiar was what Jihyo thought. Jihyo gave Dahyun a small smile as if assuring her that the one hugging her isn't a ghost.

Hirai Momo, a 3rd year transferee for archaeology. She's from Japan and moved in Korea a week ago. She thinks of herself as a free soul. She'd do what she wants to do but she also knows her limits. She'll keep away from trouble if she can.

Dahyun sighed in relief. 

"Uhm…can you release me?" Dahyun pleaded.
"Let me think…no." Momo answered with a grin on her face. She never thought she'd meet a human doll, why would she let her go. Momo's stomach again grumbled. So that's where it came from was what they thought.
Dahyun took this as her opportunity.
"I'll treat you if you let go of me." 
"Eh?! Really?! Yay! I got free food!" Momo squealed and hugged Dahyun tighter and then released her. Dahyun laughed at the new girl's antics. 

"You can eat after you finish up you're paperworks." Jihyo said.
Momo looked at Jihyo, sure she was hungry but she wouldn't pick a fight with Jihyo. She nodded obediently and turned to Dahyun.
"Wait for me, okay?" Momo didn't want her free lunch to go poof.
"Don't worry, we'll wait for you." Dahyun assured.
"We?" Momo thought. She then caught sight of a girl dusting up herself. Momo took a step closer. Chaeyoung was busy and hadn't noticed Momo, she was caught off guard when she heard Momo.
"Oh! You're pretty too!" Momo beamed.
"Uh…thanks…" Chaeyoung managed to reply.
  
Jihyo then dragged Momo towards her office. She was thankful that the latter didn't oppose her, she could finally go look for Nayeon's phone and finally have her well deserved rest.

"Thank goodness she wasn't a ghost." Chaeyoung said as she took a seat on the nearby bench.
"I would have fainted if she was." Dahyun followed after Chaeyoung.
There was comfortable silence between them. Both of them were tired. After about fifteen minutes, Momo came back with Jihyo.

"Jihyo-unnie why are you here?" Dahyun asked.
"The three of you would get lost again if I don't go with you towards the cafeteria." Jihyo stated a fact.
"You…are you alright? You're still pale." Jihyo asked worriedly.
"Yes I'm fine and I'm always this pale. Also my name's Kim Dahyun." Dahyun laughed. 
"I think you know me already, I'm Park Jihyo." Jihyo once again introduced herself.
"Momo-unnie?" Jihyo brought back Momo from being dazed.
"Huh? Ah, Hirai Momo's the name." Momo grinned.
"Son Chaeyoung." Chaeyoung introduced herself.
"Also, I'm 18…" Chaeyoung added. Momo looked at her then patted her head.

The four of them went towards the cafeteria and along the way they learned that Momo got lost while finding the SSC office and since she hadn't had her breakfast she passed out. When she woke up, she heard someone coming so she asked for help. Then it ended up in a big misunderstanding. Momo smiled happily while telling her story, Dahyun asked why she did so and Momo replied that she was glad she's having a free lunch.