Chapter 10: One should share (Finding Mina)

BDZ

“Are you guys’ morons?!”

A shout echoed inside a rather large room. Seeing the design and the furniture inside the room, one could only think of the word expensive. But at this moment, these were all disregarded. Three men kneeled in front of whom seems to be the boss of some gang. His facial features were sharp as he glared at the trio.

“The heck is this “What is the old world?”?! Are you trying to expose the fact that the government are tracking down the last of the rebels?! Wait, you just did!” The man asked and had answered himself.

“We’re sorry boss!” The trio apologized.

“I didn’t expect that you guys to be this idiotic.” The boss sighed. He was seriously troubled. Imagine how mocking the government officials would be if they found out what his men just did.

“It-it wasn’t our suggestion boss!” One of those who kneeled tried to save them some face.

“Whose was it then, a ghost’s? How ‘bout I make the three of you ghosts right here and now?!” He didn’t care who gave them that stupid question.

“We’re sorry!” The trio once again apologized.

The boss rubbed his temples. He needs to devise another plan since the plan of the government has already been exposed. They need to find those creatures fast.

“Mina-unnie!” Chaeyoung ran as she saw Mina.

Mina stopped and found a speeding cub heading towards her. She giggled at the sight of this.

“What’s with the hurry?” Mina asked.

“This!” Chaeyoung enthusiastically showed her the flier that everyone’s been talking about.

“What about it?” Mina wondered.

“I thought you’d be able to answer it since you’re the smartest person I know! Besides the price might be a huge amount.” Chaeyoung grinned.

Mina ruffled Chaeyoung’s hair and laughed.

“I can’t answer that.” Mina stated. Chaeyoung looked at her and was bewildered. Mina-unnie can’t answer this?! She thought. It seems that to Chaeyoung, no one is smarter than Mina.

Chaeyoung was downhearted and here she thought she’ll have a bucket of ice cream if Mina wins. Mina seemed to have noticed Chaeyoung’s mood.

“I still have some time before my next class, let’s grab some ice cream.” Mina said.

Chaeyoung’s mood immediately brightened up. It may not be a bucket of ice cream but it was still ice cream! If that made any sense at all. Chaeyoung crumpled the flier and put it in her pocket.

 Sana who had been continuously walking around the campus to find Mina stumbled upon the flier. Like Chaeyoung, she thought of how many perfumes she can buy if Mina ever wins. In Sana’s imagination, all of the money went to her and none to Mina. She grinned and bumped into a pole. Her mind was spinning. It took her some time before she regained her right state of mind. Sana then heard a laughter.

“What are you doing Sana?” Momo continued to laugh as she helped Sana up.

“Thanks.” Sana then explained what happened.

“Eh?! Let’s go find Mina quick!” Momo grabbed Sana’s hand and then went to search for Mina. To Momo, Mina winning is her ticket to a buffet. Momo, also, never thought of Mina’s share.

Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Tzuyu were walking down the corridor. Jeongyeon being between two beauties, she didn’t consider herself as one, felt blinded of the light the other two’s faces seemed to radiate. Tzuyu then suddenly halted.

“Something wrong?” Jeongyeon casually asked.

Tzuyu didn’t reply and only pointed at the newly posted flier. Nayeon and Jeongyeon read it and their eyes lit up. To a commoner, this is a once in a lifetime event especially if you knew someone who can get the prize 100%.

“Let’s go find Mina.” The two said it at the same time. Tzuyu followed the two of them. She didn’t understand why they had to find Mina.

Dahyun was humming when a paper flew straight to her face. She groaned and took a look at it. She smiled on the thought that many would want to answer this but she laughed at the fact that she knew someone who can get it right. She decided to find Mina and tell her about it.

Dahyun wanted Mina to win, Tzuyu didn’t care that much, Chaeyoung has been bribed but the other four had ulterior motives. As for Jihyo, she was running about trying to find Mina. She sensed something was definitely going to happen.

“Mina-unnie, I’ll have the strawberry flavour.” Chaeyoung said.

“Alright.” Mina went to order. She glanced at Chaeyoung who couldn’t sit still. Definitely a kid, Mina laughed.

The poor penguin didn’t know that a storm was brewing. The poor cub was also going to be dragged into the penguin’s troubles. An innocent chick had no idea that a greedy shiba, raccoon, dinosaur and rabbit are hunting her penguin friend. A yoda was also being dragged into it. The steam engine was frantically running around to stop a calamity from happening. One can never know how scary an angry penguin is.

Mina and Chaeyoung talked as they ate. They laughed at each other’s stories all was good until shouts were heard from the distance.

“Mina!” Sana and Momo shouted.

“Myoui Mina!” Nayeon and Jeongyeon shouted.

“Mina-unnie!” Dahyun gleamed.

“Mina, run!” Jihyo shouted.

 When Mina heard Jihyo, she spun to her heels, grabbed Chaeyoung’s free hand and ran as fast as she could.