Chapter 3: One should not jump to conclusions

BDZ

Jihyo walked towards the auditorium when she noticed a seemingly lost kid. She frowned. Why was there a kid on campus? Luck isn’t on her side today, much to her dismay. She was never good with kids. She shuddered when she remembered all her experiences of dealing with a lost child. Usually she’d call Nayeon and ask for help. Despite being a narcissist, she loves kids and knows how to deal with them. But today’s a bit special, the bunny’s angry and her phone’s with her. Forget about calling Nayeon, she can’t even call her own mom! Jihyo sighed for the nth time. Albeit her past experiences, Jihyo was self-righteous. Thus she decided to help the poor soul.

“Are you lost?” Jihyo gently asked.

“Who’re you? And yup, I’m lost! Ah! Not that my name is lost but I’m lost right now coz’ this place’s way too big and it’s ma’ first time here. I just moved a week ago and so yeah…you get the meaning.” The little blurted out as if she was rapping.

Jihyo looked at the little girl in front of her with wonder. Yup, she does look like a kid but she doesn’t speak like one. Jihyo pondered. Was she just a little mature compared to her peers?

“Uhm…is there somethin’ on ma’ face?” The little girl asked.

She has an accent so I assume she’s not from here. Well, she did say she just moved here a week ago. Jihyo thought. She has little time before the orientation starts so she just blurted out what she usually says when dealing with cases like this.

“Where are your parents?” Jihyo asked.

The little girl furrowed her brows. Was I supposed to bring my parents? She asked herself.

“Ma’ parents are at home though. And ma’ home’s miles away from Seoul, I can’t just tell ‘em to come here. Is it really necessary for ‘em to accompany me on the first day of class?” The little girl curiously asked.

First day of class? Jihyo asked herself. She didn’t think of the possibility that this kid in front of her is a freshman.

“I know this is a weird thing to ask but how old are you?” Jihyo said in a hurry.

“I’m 18 though. Why’d you—Ah!” The little girl suddenly shouted and pointed at Jihyo accusingly.

“Ya thought I was a lost kid didn’t ya?! I neva’ thought I’d be seen as a little kid. No wonda’ people were lookin’ at me strangely.” The little kid, scratch that, she continued to mumble. Not believing people thought of her as a kid and here she thought she was a full grown adult.

No wonder she was given praises by some old couple, she was also given a candy before going to school, also a chocolate, rice crackers and many more. Her bag’s full of snacks right now. She thought she was just plain lucky to have been given gifts.

Jihyo watched as the girl continued to mumble. Even she can’t believe that the girl in front of her is already 18. I guess she was looking for the auditorium, Jihyo silently laughed.

“Sorry about that. I assume you were looking for the auditorium?” Jihyo asked.

“Nah its fine, I’m used to it. And yeah, I was lookin’ for the auditorium.” The girl replied.

“I was going there myself. Let’s go or we’ll both be late. My name’s Park Jihyo by the way.” Jihyo extended her hand for a handshake.

“Name’s Son Chaeyoung. Are ya also a freshman?” Chaeyoung returned the handshake.

“Nope, I just have some business there.” Jihyo answered as she began to walk. Chaeyoung hurriedly followed her.

Jihyo looked at her watch for the nth time and her wide eyes widened. Only five minutes left!

“Let’s hurry!” Jihyo sprinted leaving Chaeyoung dumbfounded and the poor kid began chasing after her senior.

If she loses sight of her senior, she’s doomed. She didn’t want to get lost again so she ran as if her life depended on it. Jihyo also ran for her life, the vice president won’t let her off the hook if she’s late. Two figures were seen running on the school ground headed towards the auditorium.

“Jihyo and…a kid?” Mina thought.

Both her and Sana were going to their class when she saw two sprinting figures across the distance.

“What’s wrong? Is it Nayeon-unnie?” Sana paled as she asked.

Mina didn’t answer and just pointed at Jihyo’s direction. Sana looked at what Mina was pointing to and laughed.

“Now that’s an interesting scene.” Sana laughed as she snapped a picture. Mina sighed.

“You’ll get yourself in another trouble you know that?” Mina cautioned her.

“Eh? Something like this won’t cause trouble. You’re such a worry wart Mina-yah.” Sana laughed it off.

“You just raise a flag!” Mina internally shouted.

“I really won’t cause trouble. If I did I wouldn’t drag you. I’d drag the first person I see besides you!” Sana sensed that Mina didn’t believe her so she blurted out a random suggestion.

“You better. Let’s go or else we’ll be late.” Mina said.

Jihyo huffed and puffed when she reached the auditorium. Chaeyoung though was only panting a bit. Jihyo looked at the girl with amazement. She was proud of her stamina but this girl’s on a whole new level. Jeongyeon should learn from this kid, Jihyo laughed at the thought of her lazy friend.

“You should go inside. Ah right, what’s your course?” Jihyo asked.

“Visual arts” Chaeyoung replied.

“Once you enter turn left and go to the front wing. Look for the blue colored section and you’re classmates will be there.” Jihyo told her. When Chaeyoung heard this, she felt that she had just met an important person.

“Thank you sunbae.” Chaeyoung was really glad for the older girl’s help.

“Just call me unnie. Now off you go!” Jihyo gestured for her to go.

“Thanks again Jihyo-unnie!” Chaeyoung waved as she entered the auditorium.

Jihyo was glad to have met a new junior but she can’t believe how many had happened to her today. Worse, it was still early. She sighed as she went backstage.

“I still have to deal with Nayeon-unnie later. This is going to be a very long day.” Jihyo complained.